Hundred blades

Zoid.2568

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@silentnight warrior.2714 said:I would rather to have hundred blades givin 0.5 sec of quickness and 1 layer of stability for the skill duration. The first blade swing with quickness would create a vacuum that pull nearest enemy to the warrior location (150 range).

No pull just daze. In this meta the only CC allowed to do damage is daze.

If it is just the first strike that applies the pull, then this wouldn't really be a problem.

Just the strike that applies the hard CC gets the reduced damage, but every following damage ticks are unaffected by that balance decision.Examples:
  • Pistol Whip: Just the first strike that applies the stun has no damage, the following strikes still deal damage as they used to.
  • Thunderclap (scrapper): Completely unaffected, since the first strike that applies the stun doesn't deal any damage anyway and the following damage ticks from the AoE field still deal damage as they used to.

That being said, I think creating a vacuum with your greatsword that pulls targets towards you is kinda weird...

It's a concept popular in anime. The thinking is that you swing a sword so fast that you push so much air out of the way that it creates a vacuum.

Yeah, I am familiar with that. It was just not something that I expected in this game since it is a bit much over the top.

But giving it a second thought, why not. It's not even like warriors are unfamiliar with magic, so this could be another explanation. Warriors are not using magic formulas, but they have an intuitive kind of magic that is manifested by their pure will, so I guess it might work.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@silentnight warrior.2714 said:I would rather to have hundred blades givin 0.5 sec of quickness and 1 layer of stability for the skill duration. The first blade swing with quickness would create a vacuum that pull nearest enemy to the warrior location (150 range).

If it is just the first strike that applies the pull, then this wouldn't really be a problem.

Just the strike that applies the hard CC gets the reduced damage, but every following damage ticks are unaffected by that balance decision.Examples:
  • Pistol Whip: Just the first strike that applies the stun has no damage, the following strikes still deal damage as they used to.
  • Thunderclap (scrapper): Completely unaffected, since the first strike that applies the stun doesn't deal any damage anyway and the following damage ticks from the AoE field still deal damage as they used to.

That being said, I think creating a vacuum with your greatsword that pulls targets towards you is kinda weird...

It's a concept popular in anime. The thinking is that you swing a sword so fast that you push so much air out of the way that it creates a vacuum.

Yeah, I am familiar with that. It was just not something that I expected in this game since it is a bit much over the top.

But giving it a second thought, why not. It's not even like warriors are unfamiliar with magic, so this could be another explanation. Warriors are not using magic formulas, but they have an intuitive kind of magic that is manifested by their pure will, so I guess it might work.

Anger and muscle magic.I cast Fist!

@Tycura.1982 said:

Anger and muscle magic.I cast Fist!

According to Kodama Warriors in GW2 are muscle wizards. I'm cool with that.

@DKRathalos.9625 said:@Lan Deathrider.5910See? Another 100B thread hahaha, I think we can expect another thread in 2 months but Anet won't do anything about this skill, so sad D:

Not wrong. I hope they do update several weapon sets soon, on several classes.

You hope?..eeeek

I think you are in the wrong game for hopes mate....Do you know what year it is ?Warrior GS end Bow skills have NOT been touch in 8 years...but keep hoping .... maybe in next 8 will get something done!

I'd love to see 100b act like the revs Unrelenting Assault but provide no evades, so you can still be interupted during the cast, but become mobile in the form of cleaving across a target while dashing.It would be fitting to its name in the sense of dashing and attacking quickly. However I doubt this would ever come to be as it requires a new animation sadly.

Make hundred blades 2 phased skill, for example, first phase the old arc slice before changing to the 360 swing like rev staff 2, then second phase is hundred blade if first attack hit.

and the first phase does decent damage.

so you actually has hundred blade when needed for cleaves and etc

but doesn't loose a skill when 1v1 because hundred blade can't hit kitten and makes you a immobilize practice dummy.

you can use first phase of the skill in combat to fight and do extra damage

@Tycura.1982 said:I actually like HB as it is. Stun and follow up damage is the warrior way. My gripe is when the game desyncs and the person I just stunned lag teleports out of range.

Chief if they're BP peeps in WvW, I can almost guarantee they're hacking. I yoinked a scrapper with prelude lash and after he gets pulled and immob'd he jumps. Then after I downed the same dude he starts blinking repeatedly... on engi... and continues after a thief goons him and he hard drops...

@Smoosh.2718 said:I'd love to see 100b act like the revs Unrelenting Assault but provide no evades, so you can still be interupted during the cast, but become mobile in the form of cleaving across a target while dashing.It would be fitting to its name in the sense of dashing and attacking quickly. However I doubt this would ever come to be as it requires a new animation sadly.

I think the most we can ever realistically hope for is a decrease to its cast time.

@RedShark.9548 said:For all the ppl who say it was made to cleave downs, ive seen ppl who got hit by full zerker 100b and still rezzed the gux in downstate without any problems. It honestly just tickles.

Bads kept face tanking it so it got nerfed hard. AA chain is more efficient damage now.

warrior in a nutshell.

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:For all the ppl who say it was made to cleave downs, ive seen ppl who got hit by full zerker 100b and still rezzed the gux in downstate without any problems. It honestly just tickles.

Bads kept face tanking it so it got nerfed hard. AA chain is more efficient damage now.

warrior in a nutshell.

This is not an incorrect statement.

• 4 weeks later...

@Mikeskies.1536 said:Hundred Blades just needs a large damage buff, and maybe grants some boons if you land the last hit. It doesn't need to be complicated.

The total damage done is fine, it just can't ever do the full amount due to the 3.5s cast time. It will already give 1-24 stacks of might depending on crit chance, number of foes and if you have FGS traited.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:The total damage done is fine, it just can't ever do the full amount due to the 3.5s cast time.

Actually, it depends on your point of view.

Either the total damage done is too low, or the cast time is too long.

In the current state, the damage dealt isn't worth the cast time (Being barely stronger than simply auto attacking, which also provides Vuln stacks and allows movement during)

Increasing the total damage done or decreasing the cast time can both alleviate this concern.

More total damage means it's more worthwhile to pull off, especially if you can get the full cast off.

Less cast time means it's easier and more efficient to pull off, providing the current throughput but over a shorter period of time.

Both methods increase its DPS to being more significantly better than simply auto attacking for the same period of time.

@Taril.8619 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:The total damage done is fine, it just can't ever do the full amount due to the 3.5s cast time.

In the current state, the damage dealt isn't worth the cast time (Being barely stronger than simply auto attacking, which also provides Vuln stacks and allows movement during)

Increasing the total damage done or decreasing the cast time can both alleviate this concern.

More total damage means it's more worthwhile to pull off, especially if you can get the full cast off.

Less cast time means it's easier and more efficient to pull off, providing the current throughput but over a shorter period of time.

Both methods increase its DPS to being more significantly better than simply auto attacking for the same period of time.

Strictly correct but buffing the damage numbers would result in forum QQs that get Warrior nerfed whereas reducing the cast time allows it to better perform at its full potential in a way that is overall better for the warrior namely by reducing the time self rooted and increasing the might generation rate from FGS.

Strictly correct but buffing the damage numbers would result in forum QQs that get Warrior nerfed whereas reducing the cast time allows it to better perform at its full potential in a way that is overall better for the warrior namely by reducing the time self rooted and increasing the might generation rate from FGS.

Both buffs would result in forum QQ's that get Warrior nerfed.

Buffing the damage numbers will make people look at the raw power coefficient of the entire skill and cry OP.

Buffing the cast time will make people in PvP take a full HB more often and get chunked down and cry OP (As well as cry about how Warrior doesn't have to self-root as much to perform this action)

Cast time change would likely get nerfed harder, due to people in PvP being super salty about Warriors being able to do anything. Which would be exacerbated by the effect that Quickness would have on cast times (2.5s cast > 1.25s cast = Heckin' bursty af)