Drizzlewood Snipers

Braynz.2906

@"Ubi.4136" said:The snipers don't add anything to the map. It literally is just a harassment mechanic, which is very poorly designed and annoys players. It's like the knights in Bloodstone Fen that had like 5k range on a dismount attack. It doesn't add "flavor" or difficulty, it's just annoying. Hopefully Anet will notice that and make changes like they did for Bloodstone.

It's there so the PvE players can get that real "WvW lite" experience with Deadeyes being a pain in the kitten kitten.

(Yes, I just wrote it kitten kitten, we already know it would have converted what we all know I wanted to say)

@Fueki.4753 said:

@sitarskee.5738 said:I was wondering if those snipers actually do anything because I keep seeing the thing when they're zooming at you but they never kill me.

They shoot you for 3k.That's about half of my Skyscale's HP.

Which is totally not aggravating game design right? That thing you ground out for weeks at the end of the last LS season? That thing that you all loved? We made a map where it is nearly 100% useless.

Buy Gems! /s

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@"Ubi.4136" said:The snipers don't add anything to the map. It literally is just a harassment mechanic, which is very poorly designed and annoys players. It's like the knights in Bloodstone Fen that had like 5k range on a dismount attack. It doesn't add "flavor" or difficulty, it's just annoying. Hopefully Anet will notice that and make changes like they did for Bloodstone.

It's there so the PvE players can get that real "WvW lite" experience with Deadeyes being a pain in the kitten kitten.

(Yes, I just wrote it kitten kitten, we already know it would have converted what we all know I wanted to say)

@sitarskee.5738 said:I was wondering if those snipers actually do anything because I keep seeing the thing when they're zooming at you but they never kill me.

Which is totally not aggravating game design right? That thing you ground out for weeks at the end of the last LS season? That thing that you all loved? We made a map where it is nearly 100% useless.

Buy Gems! /s

Skyscale is not useless. Im getting around just fine. You need to learn to use the Dash properly, combined with the mount stamina refilling ability. Dashing makes you evade all attacks during the dash. Plus we have recieved the mount stealth power, 8s on 30s cd.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Buy Gems! /s

Skyscale is not useless. Im getting around just fine. You need to learn to use the Dash properly, combined with the mount stamina refilling ability. Dashing makes you evade all attacks during the dash. Plus we have recieved the mount stealth power, 8s on 30s cd.

brilliant design, you have to grind (or pay) , to avoid mobsi totally havent seen that before, and i predict a bright future for this way of doing things

The snipers are a necessity IMO. You shouldn't be safe anywhere it pleases you for having a Skyscale.

@Kulvar.1239 said:

The snipers are a necessity IMO. You shouldn't be safe anywhere it pleases you for having a Skyscale.

But the skyscale is the pause button I have so desperately desired. Now I can go pee without dying!

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

But the skyscale is the pause button I have so desperately desired. Now I can go pee without dying!

Don't pee and fly. :)

• 4 weeks later...

It's stupid to place skyscale rifts anywhere near them...they really are just trying to annoy us. Especially when there's 1000 elites by the fortress rift, that doesn't show you where to go.(I managed to get it with difficulty, but I dunno how the hell I'm going to get the rift by the bunny farm in the Desert Highlands)

@Nazarick.9653 said:It's stupid to place skyscale rifts anywhere near them...they really are just trying to annoy us. Especially when there's 1000 elites by the fortress rift, that doesn't show you where to go.(I managed to get it with difficulty, but I dunno how the hell I'm going to get the rift by the bunny farm in the Desert Highlands)

I massacred a bunch of the harpies before I did it, after they got me when I tried for the first time.

• It takes two sniper shots to drop a Skyscale.
  • Skyscale will regen like all its hp in 5 seconds if you're out of combat.
  • Skyscale's got two dodge bar segments, just like a player.
  • Icebrood mastery gives everyone you 8 sec mounted stealth.
  • Season 4 masteries let you use your own hp to buffer any mount damage, and dodge for days.
  • While Drizzlewood Coast only has two waypoints, the map mechanic lets you quickly teleport to any blue-controlled sub-zone.
  • The Snipers are normal enemies with like 10k-15k hp and no defensive abilities, so once you engage them they go down in a few hits.
  • Griffon goes ZOOM.

I think it's pretty fair as-is. Worst case you're having to kill like 5 squishy mobs while cruising around the map to do the Tengu rock collection or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...