The Zoo Meta needs to end and never return.

Ovark.2514

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

@"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:You seem to have confused "meta" with "meme." Summoner/minion builds have always been a joke in mmo pvp. Anyone gold or over will eat them for lunch.

It's actually strong.

Yes indeed it's very strong in silver/g1.. That's it.Plat1 gameplay dude.Death magic trait line is busted beyond belief, necro life force generation is too high, and minions do too many condis + CC.

@Ovark.2514 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:Questioning if people actually know what the term meta is and how it's supposed to be used....

Please, enlighten me.

Well it means in this context the builds which the majority agree are good but honestly we don't have much meta any more in all gamemodes GW 2 has now multiply sources for builds now instead just meta batttle. I also still play heal FB in pvp even when it dropped completely out of meta which still works up to gold 3 sure it has a lot of changes to it but still works.

About the minions master well the problem with it is when you have 2 of them and a mesmer in the enemy team it is a zoo through which you focus any more.

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:Questioning if people actually know what the term meta is and how it's supposed to be used....

Please, enlighten me.

Well it means in this context the builds which the majority agree are good but honestly we don't have much meta any more in all gamemodes GW 2 has now multiply sources for builds now instead just meta batttle. I also still play heal FB in pvp even when it dropped completely out of meta which still works up to gold 3 sure it has a lot of changes to it but still works.

About the minions master well the problem with it is when you have 2 of them and a mesmer in the enemy team it is a zoo through which you focus any more.

It's more accurate to:1- Definition: Meta stand for Most Effective Tactic Available.2- Narrow context: A meta build for a profession is it's most effective build, the one that outshine other possible build for what you want to do.3- Wide context: A meta build in group content is a build that benefit the most to and from the other professions, leading to peak effectiveness of the profession within the content targeted.

Now:1- Is scourge minion master the necromancer's most effective build within sPvP? Arguable.2- Does the scourge minion master contribute efficiently in sPvP? Arguable as well.

The scourge minion master is yet another necromancer "tanky" build that benefit a lot from the overall low damage in sPvP because health point as a defensive mean actually work in this context. It's neither good or bad, it's just annoying to deal with.