Warrior Battle Standard - bug or player error?

Ragebru.1397

Twice today I've placed my Battle Standard directly on top of a downed ally. Not beside them, not behind them. Dead smack center of them. I use ground target on target. In both of these instances, the battle standard did not revive my ally. The player was down for roughly 2-3 seconds (i always pop quickness when dropping my battle standard, so it gets placed quickly.), but when the battle standard landed, they were not revived. I was then called out for not knowing how the elite works.

Can someone please explain to me why battle standard did not revive? Other players were saying that battle standard cannot revive an ally if they have "x" stacks of poison, or if they are below a % of hp. However, I have never had this issue before. In certain cases I will also pre-cast the battle standard (if i know my ally will be downed before the animation goes off).

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:It ignores poison. Either you were blinded (not sure if that works) or the terrain has weird collision since they're on the ground.

The wiki says that Poison and Agony will make the revive fail, just like all Revive skills.

I guess I'm one in a million for never having noticed that running Banner in WvW for months.

The revive will sometimes just fail due to seemingly bug issue. If it fails due to poison you can still see their downed hp spike up but not to 100%. Blind / Aegis will only mess with banner "stomping" i believe.

Only other thing i can think of is if ally was lagging and was desynced out of place. But for the amount of times i seen banner fail, this cant always be the case.

Those skills give a set amount of health to downed target since pre HoT because some players complained that it was unfair to revive dead castle lords with those skills (I liked to troll some zergs in EotM with revive skills back in the days so I'm probably partially at fault for these skills ending up that way). Poison just reduce by 33% the amount of health given which can lead to a failed revive.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:It is kinda silly though, being the long cast time and an elite, surly that should be an exception and byepass such effects.

It's just 2 seconds and you can precast it if you keep an eye on your allies. Players already can't stand those kind of skills in sPvP/WvW, they would riot if they were more effective/reliable.

@Dadnir.5038 said:It's just 2 seconds and you can precast it if you keep an eye on your allies. Players already can't stand those kind of skills in sPvP/WvW, they would riot if they were more effective/reliable.

They already did, that's why Quickness reviving was removed. I remember when personal Quickness boon was a part of every support build because it was the standard way to revive other players in competitive modes..

I miss playing stealth ress Haste Thief.