mad realm warclaw

I'm willing to buy a select licence to get the branded beetle to go with my other branded mounts. I'm just waiting for the Mistborn licences to go on sale because I think 1,200 gems is too much to pay for any individual skin. (I also have the shiverpeak mount pack but I'm not sure if I'd buy select licences to get the other skins from that set, I don't like them as much as the branded mounts and don't use them all together so it would probably depend on if I had a use for the individual skins rather than simply completing the set.)

Other than that I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't think they should be added to the packs for free, because they took as much time to design as the other mounts in the pack so presumably there's a similar cost involved. But I'm not sure what would be a good alternative. Buying any mount skins in this game is more complicated than usual for a direct purchase and either expensive or likely to involve getting something you don't want, so I suspect any ideal solution for players would be out of sync with what Anet are willing to offer. For example they're not going to put them in the gem store as a stand-alone direct purchase for 400 gems.

One option is to add them to the pack, increase the price and then adjust it so you only pay for skins you don't already have, like they do with Living World seasons. So people who bought it already only pay for the new skin and people who buy it for the first time pay for all of them.

I think that would work with the warclaw but could cause problems with the beetle and the skyscale because they require additional purchases to unlock. Some people already complain that the packs include griffon skins and they're not planning on unlocking the griffon. (The jackal is optional too, but I've never seen anyone complain about that.) But at least they have everything they need to unlock the griffon if they want to. If you have to pay 3,200 for a pack of 8 skins instead of 2,000 for a pack of 5 and then find out using two of those extra skins will cost you additional gems because you have to buy living world episodes to unlock them I imagine a lot of people would be unhappy.

I consider the mount skins art and I buy a lot of them. What I don't like is the warclaw skins in the skin RNG packs. I will never have a warclaw so I think those skins should be in an RNG WvW pack. Other than that, yeah, I obviously think the price is fair since we don't have a membership to play this game and we are paying it forward for servers and new content. And why yessss, I am a fangirl.

@Tere.4759 said:I consider the mount skins art and I buy a lot of them. What I don't like is the warclaw skins in the skin RNG packs. I will never have a warclaw so I think those skins should be in an RNG WvW pack. Other than that, yeah, I obviously think the price is fair since we don't have a membership to play this game and we are paying it forward for servers and new content. And why yessss, I am a fangirl.

By that reasoning any of the optional mounts would have to be excluded, including griffon, roller beetle, and skyscale

I don't see much point to it, but if making your cat-beast look like a pumpkin or whatever makes you happy, then I'll support it.

Although, there are Battle Cat Warclaw skins very similar to the Mad Realm and Spooky sets in the latest License sets, perhaps check those out as well?

What they might have done would be an alternative means of obtaining those thematic skins:

A new vendor (or they can just add a tab to the current vendor) that lets player to buy the added non-core thematic skins for a 400gem token, unlocked for purchase only if you own the core set. Eg if you bought the branded mounts core set, you would be able to buy a 400gem token from gem store, then use that token to buy a branded beetle or sky or war.

They currently have an npc that handles a similar function for certain skins (1 is next to the tp npc at lily of Elon)

It's a bit sad. They mix all the themes into separate license sets to boost sales, but customers who bought the specific sets (branded, exo, festivals) probably did so as to avoid rng. Perhaps they could consider making the 2nd avenue available as well

I actually agree, the new skins should've been added to existing packs for those who purchased it (for free). It's greedy to force players to try their luck at getting skins to match sets they already paid good money for. But this game is unfortunately all focused on monetization and less on player base now so...it's expected of Anet, but they ain't getting that extra money from me!

@Caitybee.3614 said:I actually agree, the new skins should've been added to existing packs for those who purchased it (for free). It's greedy to force players to try their luck at getting skins to match sets they already paid good money for. But this game is unfortunately all focused on monetization and less on player base now so...it's expected of Anet, but they ain't getting that extra money from me!

You don't have to try your luck, you can buy a Mount Select License and get exactly the one you want.

Now, if they worked like Black Lion Exclusives, that'd be a different story. But luckily back near the start of mounts, player backlash caused the devs to abandon that system, so we have a reliable way of getting any mount skin we want.