Dagger storm + Superior rune of surging.

Lord.4270

No.Daggerstorm gives evade and reflect, so yur basically not gonna get hit for the full duration of both Daggerstorm and Shocking Aura proc.

The only way Daggerstorm gets interrupted is if yu run through a Fear mark or hit someone else who has Shocking Aura on.

Besides, Thief shouldn't want anything to do with something that gains value from getting hit. (Shocking aura)

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Last I checked, the shocking aura procs after the daggerstorm ends, so you would get some value. But as is said above, generally speaking you shouldn't plan to get hit on thief.

Doesn't mean that thieves don't get hit though. The shocking aura would be a get out of jail free card then to recover from. But the first line of defense is still to not get hit anyway.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Last I checked, the shocking aura procs after the daggerstorm ends, so you would get some value. But as is said above, generally speaking you shouldn't plan to get hit on thief.

Doesn't mean that thieves don't get hit though. The shocking aura would be a get out of jail free card then to recover from. But the first line of defense is still to not get hit anyway.

For sure, but honestly I'd rather run durability runes then as then you get some protection whenever the other guy spikes, not just after the daggerstorm. But if it works for you then by all means, run it ^^

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

For sure, but honestly I'd rather run durability runes then as then you get some protection whenever the other guy spikes, not just after the daggerstorm. But if it works for you then by all means, run it ^^

I guess its important to point out that someone should pick the rune if it covers a weakness in their gameplay. If they are using Daggerstorm as their panic button with their other methods of escape on CD then the aura buys them more time to recuperate, where as things like Earth and Durability helps avoid the initial spike if you lack the situational awareness to avoid it via other means. They all work, it just depends on the person's individual play style and weaknesses.

• 2 weeks later...

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I've seen some builds used with surging runes it works but at the same time it doesn't sync as well compared to other builds with thief.