Elite Specs for End of Dragons and New Race(s)

Eagelseye.6312

Now that we're going to Cantha, the Ranger's Druid elite might've been more flavorful for this expansion given the 'Celestial Avatar' could've had an easy and present lore tie-in to the setting.

I don't know mechanics well enough to develop e-spec ideas off of that, so I'll just stick with concepts that sound neat to me. Mostly going for flavor for these specs and not necessarily trying to design for niches that might be missing from core and/or existing elite specs.

Warrior - Dragon Knight - Spear (staff, alternatively, if land spear just isn't possible) or main hand torch, focuses on mobility and reach, movement and attack style tries to emulate the motion of dragons. Very flavorful auto attack poses, evasion, good for closing gaps or attacking enemies while keeping them just out of reach, ideally some kind of 'jump' attack similar to Dragoons in the Final Fantasy franchise. Heavy Wuxia flavor/aesthetic.

Guardian - Celestial Bastion - Main-hand shield, you have been touched by the Celestials of Cantha and can take up their mantle to defend and protect. I'm not sure what the mechanics could be, obviously heightened defense and ideally lending that protection to others. Maybe damage absorption, lots of blocks, shield bashes, all with a cool celestial aesthetic. Don't imagine it being heavily offensive but very survivable, with some smiting capabilities. Not sure how that would work or if that's any different that the normal Guardian abilities, but I like the mental images the idea evokes. The standard shield would look like an ethereal star chart.

Revenant - I honestly don't know the class well enough to formulate much, but seeing a spirit like Togo or one of the heroes of GW1 as the new spirit Revs (Eve, Cynn, Aidan, Mhenlo, Devona if her spirit is free now, Razah) invoke would be neat. Could bring in some old Ritualist flavor if it's Togo or another ritualist. Could be referred to as Legendary Master Stance, or Legendary Adventurer Stance for one of the others (Legendary Hero?).

Thief - I quite like WP Demon Pact Assassin concept on

Ranger - Kirin Rider or Bell Summoner - Main or off-hand focus, you befriend a kirin spirit and may summon it to your aid by its bell (the focus skin). Summoning the kirin is the transformation state similar to Celestial Avatar or Soulbeast's fusion mode. During this time the kirin either replaces your animal companion, or you actually mount it and ride it while fighting. Either way, the kirin gives you some powerful boons or abilities. Perhaps if they are really powerful, you can only summon the kirin for a limited window of time. But the idea is that you've made some sort of pact with the kirin and they come to your aid when you call. Definitely a bell tone when you summon it.

Engineer - Golemancer - Staff or main-hand mace, which functions as a 'control rod' for the legion of golems you can summon. Very Asura heavy flavored spec, I like the idea of summoning/constructing different golems that do different things - similar to the Rev's Renegade? Some could be mobile and others stationary (which lay down fields of effect, etc. Maybe one of the control rod's functions is to command and place the golems. Probably the F1 skills would change to become control rod skills.

Elementalist - Jade Scion - Torch, main or off-hand. Elementalists that have tapped into the corrupting magic of the Jade Wind, having found a way to apply such forces on a smaller scale to the four elements. I think the spec would concern itself with a lot of control, petrifying and otherwise belaying enemies in area of effect fields, damaging them through this elemental corruption. The fire, water, air, and earth they use in this spec will have a special jade color, and perhaps the elementalist has to manage a corruption meter similar to the holosmith's heat mechanic? Could be neat.

Mesmer - Spell Siren - Not really a Canthan tie-in, I just really want to see a mesmer specialization that invokes the concept of mermaids/sirens and uses sound, song, music, to daze, charm, bamboozle foes. The visuals and sounds they could make with these skills could be great/beautiful. Always pictured this as an underwater elite spec, if this expansion was truly underwater focused. Not sure what weapon would be great, but definitely would love to see the mesmer holding a harp. Maybe some sort F1 skills related to that.

Necromancer - Ritualist - Mace or hammer? Not sure what weapon makes sense thematically with ritualist that Necs don't already have. I think there could be a way to bring back the Ritualist in a new way, but retain the general 'spirit' and aesthetic. I like the idea that the transformation phase (like Reaper's Shroud) would be holding an urn, but I don't know if the elite spec itself should be more offensively oriented or support oriented. Definitely summoning or channeling spirits in some form.

• Like 1

@"Svennis.3852" said:Engineer - Golemancer - Staff or main-hand mace, which functions as a 'control rod' for the legion of golems you can summon. Very Asura heavy flavored spec, I like the idea of summoning/constructing different golems that do different things - similar to the Rev's Renegade? Some could be mobile and others stationary (which lay down fields of effect, etc. Maybe one of the control rod's functions is to command and place the golems. Probably the F1 skills would change to become control rod skills.

I pray to the great machine loa that our next elite spec is not going to be golemancer every single day....

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"Svennis.3852" said:
Engineer - Golemancer -
Staff or main-hand mace, which functions as a 'control rod' for the legion of golems you can summon. Very Asura heavy flavored spec, I like the idea of summoning/constructing different golems that do different things - similar to the Rev's Renegade? Some could be mobile and others stationary (which lay down fields of effect, etc. Maybe one of the control rod's functions is to command and place the golems. Probably the F1 skills would change to become control rod skills.

I pray to the great machine loa that our next elite spec is not going to be golemancer every single day....

I don't particularly care what the engi spec would be, but golemancer is the only idea that came quickly to mind. ;P

@"Svennis.3852" said:Now that we're going to Cantha, the Ranger's Druid elite might've been more flavorful for this expansion given the 'Celestial Avatar' could've had an easy and present lore tie-in to the setting.

I don't know mechanics well enough to develop e-spec ideas off of that, so I'll just stick with concepts that sound neat to me. Mostly going for flavor for these specs and not necessarily trying to design for niches that might be missing from core and/or existing elite specs.

Warrior - Dragon Knight - Spear (staff, alternatively, if land spear just isn't possible) or main hand torch, focuses on mobility and reach, movement and attack style tries to emulate the motion of dragons. Very flavorful auto attack poses, evasion, good for closing gaps or attacking enemies while keeping them just out of reach, ideally some kind of 'jump' attack similar to Dragoons in the Final Fantasy franchise. Heavy Wuxia flavor/aesthetic.

Guardian - Celestial Bastion - Main-hand shield, you have been touched by the Celestials of Cantha and can take up their mantle to defend and protect. I'm not sure what the mechanics could be, obviously heightened defense and ideally lending that protection to others. Maybe damage absorption, lots of blocks, shield bashes, all with a cool celestial aesthetic. Don't imagine it being heavily offensive but very survivable, with some smiting capabilities. Not sure how that would work or if that's any different that the normal Guardian abilities, but I like the mental images the idea evokes. The standard shield would look like an ethereal star chart.

Revenant - I honestly don't know the class well enough to formulate much, but seeing a spirit like Togo or one of the heroes of GW1 as the new spirit Revs (Eve, Cynn, Aidan, Mhenlo, Devona if her spirit is free now, Razah) invoke would be neat. Could bring in some old Ritualist flavor if it's Togo or another ritualist. Could be referred to as Legendary Master Stance, or Legendary Adventurer Stance for one of the others (Legendary Hero?).

Ranger - Kirin Rider or Bell Summoner - Main or off-hand focus, you befriend a kirin spirit and may summon it to your aid by its bell (the focus skin). Summoning the kirin is the transformation state similar to Celestial Avatar or Soulbeast's fusion mode. During this time the kirin either replaces your animal companion, or you actually mount it and ride it while fighting. Either way, the kirin gives you some powerful boons or abilities. Perhaps if they are really powerful, you can only summon the kirin for a limited window of time. But the idea is that you've made some sort of pact with the kirin and they come to your aid when you call. Definitely a bell tone when you summon it.

Engineer - Golemancer - Staff or main-hand mace, which functions as a 'control rod' for the legion of golems you can summon. Very Asura heavy flavored spec, I like the idea of summoning/constructing different golems that do different things - similar to the Rev's Renegade? Some could be mobile and others stationary (which lay down fields of effect, etc. Maybe one of the control rod's functions is to command and place the golems. Probably the F1 skills would change to become control rod skills.

Elementalist - Jade Scion - Torch, main or off-hand. Elementalists that have tapped into the corrupting magic of the Jade Wind, having found a way to apply such forces on a smaller scale to the four elements. I think the spec would concern itself with a lot of control, petrifying and otherwise belaying enemies in area of effect fields, damaging them through this elemental corruption. The fire, water, air, and earth they use in this spec will have a special jade color, and perhaps the elementalist has to manage a corruption meter similar to the holosmith's heat mechanic? Could be neat.

Mesmer - Spell Siren - Not really a Canthan tie-in, I just really want to see a mesmer specialization that invokes the concept of mermaids/sirens and uses sound, song, music, to daze, charm, bamboozle foes. The visuals and sounds they could make with these skills could be great/beautiful. Always pictured this as an underwater elite spec, if this expansion was truly underwater focused. Not sure what weapon would be great, but definitely would love to see the mesmer holding a harp. Maybe some sort F1 skills related to that.

Necromancer - Ritualist - Mace or hammer? Not sure what weapon makes sense thematically with ritualist that Necs don't already have. I think there could be a way to bring back the Ritualist in a new way, but retain the general 'spirit' and aesthetic. I like the idea that the transformation phase (like Reaper's Shroud) would be holding an urn, but I don't know if the elite spec itself should be more offensively oriented or support oriented. Definitely summoning or channeling spirits in some form.

Just amazing. All the concepts and the details are way above the league. Hopefully, Anet reads your notes

@"Svennis.3852" said:Now that we're going to Cantha, the Ranger's Druid elite might've been more flavorful for this expansion given the 'Celestial Avatar' could've had an easy and present lore tie-in to the setting.

The siren does have some ties to Cantha thru the Kurzick Tree Singers. The ritual allowed a sacrifice to become an Amber Juggernaut. Mesmer have a lot of weapons available to them. Not sure what the weapon will be.

@Jack Swiftclaw.9076 said:The siren does have some ties to Cantha thru the Kurzick Tree Singers. The ritual allowed a sacrifice to become an Amber Juggernaut. Mesmer have a lot of weapons available to them. Not sure what the weapon will be.

Since the only sound-based weapon (other than some specific skins) is Warhorn, that should be the go-to weapon for a music based spec.Alternatively, since Paragons in GW1 have the Singing-based skill category of Chants (which is further divided into Anthems, Arias, Chorusses, Lyrics, Songs and one Ballad), a newly introduced Javelin weapon class would go well with it, too.

@juhicha.7683 said:I really hope the Guard gets a more healer spec because no guys FB isnt a healer or full support. I like to play support so I wish for a more mystic class like shaman or monk, guardian angel something like that. I wish for new weapon to be warhorn and bunch of barriers centered skills.

The closest thing to a healer we have is the Druid elite spec for Ranger. I'd check that out if you haven't already!

@"Svennis.3852" said:

@juhicha.7683 said:I really hope the Guard gets a more healer spec because no guys FB isnt a healer or full support. I like to play support so I wish for a more mystic class like shaman or monk, guardian angel something like that. I wish for new weapon to be warhorn and bunch of barriers centered skills.

The closest thing to a healer we have is the Druid elite spec for Ranger. I'd check that out if you haven't already!

I have both druid and tempest but i really like the guardian profession and cant get used with others. My main in guard so I wish we had a better class for it because currently healer FB is always made fun of :'(

@juhicha.7683 said:I have both druid and tempest but i really like the guardian profession and cant get used with others. My main in guard so I wish we had a better class for it because currently healer FB is always made fun of :'(

Well, out of all the classes left, I would imagine Guardian is the natural next pick for a heal-heavy spec. Hopefully you get it for EoDs! :)

Honestly, I expect either Warrior or Guardian to get a Elite Spec about Purging the lands of enemies due to being founded by Ministry of Purity.

Either Warrior/Guardian gets a off-handed Pistol Elite Spec or a Guardian gets a Rifle Elite Spec.

Make it so that they embody the Zealot ideas of the Ministry of Purity soldiers about exterminating Xenos because they are not Human and Heretics that does not believe in the Ministry of Purity's cause.

@"EdwinLi.1284" said:Honestly, I expect either Warrior or Guardian to get a Elite Spec about Purging the lands of enemies due to being founded by Ministry of Purity.

Either Warrior/Guardian gets a off-handed Pistol Elite Spec or a Guardian gets a Rifle Elite Spec.

Make it so that they embody the Zealot ideas of the Ministry of Purity soldiers about exterminating Xenos because they are not Human and Heretics that does not believe in the Ministry of Purity's cause.

Seeing that Guardian already got their "ranged" power specialisation with Dragon Hunter, I doubt it'll get Rifle.

@"Svennis.3852" said:

@juhicha.7683 said:I have both druid and tempest but i really like the guardian profession and cant get used with others. My main in guard so I wish we had a better class for it because currently healer FB is always made fun of :'(

Well, out of all the classes left, I would imagine Guardian is the natural next pick for a heal-heavy spec. Hopefully you get it for EoDs! :)

I highly doubt it, since firebrand is guardians support elite spec already. And I don't think that hfb is really something that is made fun of, I actually see them quite welcomed in groups.

The game definitely needs an out an out Shaman or Monk spec for endgame in all versions be it sPvP or Open World or Raids/Fractals

• 2 weeks later...

I've posted my own ideas for e-specs here https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/113013/elite-spec-ideas-reworked

As for new races, they've said over and over again that it won't happen for a lot of reasons so you won't be seeing any more in this game.

That said, if they were to make a GW3, I would like to have a race of dragon/reptilian ppl to play with

@"Headcase.4618" said:I've posted my own ideas for e-specs here https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/113013/elite-spec-ideas-reworked

As for new races, they've said over and over again that it won't happen for a lot of reasons so you won't be seeing any more in this game.

That said, if they were to make a GW3, I would like to have a race of dragon/reptilian ppl to play with

They said mounts would never happen, and look. Here they are. A selling point for an expansion... and what do you think they will use this time for the big draw? E-specs wont cut it alone. Cant do mounts again. Anything crafting/crafting related likely would be a no go.... So a new class or a new race is the EASIEST to implement, with the options left to them. (That said I doubt they'll do anything, I dont even think we'll get E-specs. Just a few maps and some gem-store stuff.... I expect next to nothing from them at this stage.)

• 1 month later...

For some classes, I think it would be more likely to gain a new set of weapon skills for a certain weapon, instead of access to a new weapon. Same goes with utility skills like, an improved set of thief's Venom skills.Would love to see hammer/mace on light armor classes like ele.Sword necro is imo super weird, though they could do that and advertise it like "NOW EVERYONE CAN WIELD A SWORD! GRAB YOURS TODAY!" jk.Weaponless is..........well, let's just say that elite mechanics like druid's Celestial Avatar or holosmith's Photon Forge that replace your weapon skills would be much more probable.

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:If they add spears to above ground combat, they better not waste it on a single elite spec.If they add spears, I suspect most of the professions will get it. I'm personally hoping for cestus or fist weapons, but that's only because I want to punch out an Elder Dragon, as well as get more of that awesome hand to hand combat I got a taste of with the Daredevil spec on Thief.