possible fairy look? still need a way to hover

Zebulous.2934

I can be small, I can have wings, but I need a way to look like I'm flying while standing. I finally got the endless miniature tonic, eventually I can get the glittering wings backpack, but hovering while vertical seems to be a problem. Is there any way to hover while standing, while running, and while maintaining the miniature transformation? If not, could Anet please make it possible?Also are there other dragonfly-wing, or large butterfly-wing, backpack skins? The glittering wings almost have the right shape, but a less sparkly set would be nice.
I considered the daydreamer's wings backpack, but I don't like the shape.

@"Zebulous.2934" said:but hovering while vertical seems to be a problem. Is there any way to hover while standing, while running, and while maintaining the miniature transformation?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Electromagnetic_Ascenderhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodstone_Ascender

You probably won't be able to maintain the miniature transformation, though.

I remember when alternative movement animations became available. Sonic tunneling tool, Magic Carpet, Broomstick, etc. For whatever reason Anet never went any further with it. Alternative movement animations like in another NCSoft owned title, Aion, would be a nice addition here. I proposed in another thread that we should be allowed to use our glider at ground level. You would still move at regular running and walking speed, still be able to "jump," but your glider would be deployed and you would be hover barely a foot or so off the ground. Perfect for characters with wings, jetpacks, forged hover boards, etc.

@Jagblade.4627 said:I remember when alternative movement animations became available. Sonic tunneling tool, Magic Carpet, Broomstick, etc. For whatever reason Anet never went any further with it.Maybe they didn't sell very many and Anet decided to put their resources into things that would sell? Perhaps their data shows that people are using mounts now? /shrug

@GummyBearSummoner.7941 said:Would you mind posting a pic after you finish a look? I’m actually Interested in the end result :)

Yes please do! I'd love to see the end result of this.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Jagblade.4627 said:I remember when alternative movement animations became available. Sonic tunneling tool, Magic Carpet, Broomstick, etc. For whatever reason Anet never went any further with it.Maybe they didn't sell very many and Anet decided to put their resources into things that would sell? Perhaps their data shows that people are using mounts now? /shrug

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. Someone at Anet managed to get them made and sold, but then they didn't sell very well and the conclusion was not enough players are interested to justify making more. I imagine that's happened with a lot of things where we get a few variations in a short space of time and then nothing else.

oh, ho, ho! That was tricky! I bought the bloodstone ascender and tried it out. If you use the bloodstone ascender item first then activate the miniature tonic you get both effects! If you use the tonic first you get the "you cannot do that right now." error(edit: thanks Lamont for confirming this.)

Now I just need to actually acquire a pair of wings like those Trise helpfully posted

observations:the angle of flight really is the same angle as a glider. I would prefer a more upright posture but it is amazing that this works at all.The bloodstone ascender has many large particles, so it is not the best for screenshots

I may just post screenshots without wings. I suppose I should have titled this thread something like "possible fairy pose?" I didn't even have a specific outfit together.