Is this game still good in 2020?

DrDivine.5378

@"Sifu.9745" said:WvW: i have no idea when it's the right time to join wvw, i am completely lost there. And you need to farm for WvW mount which takes ... I don't know how long: days? Weeks?

I suggest you start playing on a Friday evening and join a zerg with a commander. You can get 90% of the mount done in less than a day if you follow a guide. If you have 80 Potions of WvW Rewards you can the reward track done instantly that will give you the last piece to your mount. Otherwise it will take about a week to finish the reward track if you are not running any boosters and play regularly. Just a FYI most commanders like to have you in voice, (You don't have to talk just listen), most use either Discord or Teamspeak so you may want to have those installed just in case.

@Sifu.9745 said:Pve: i would like to do some Fractals or Raids, but i don't like being one shotted by bosses and i don't have time to learn mechanicc of all bosses, so i don't yet have enough courage to enter even easiest fractals. I am sure they are not easy at all. One mistake and you are dead, i guess. Not for my taste. Raids are probably even harder. Also a majority of builds are not acceptable in fractals. Wanna play a Hammer Guardian or Scepter Mesmer? Forget about it.

I suggest trying the early fractals. My friends and I worked through the first half dozen or so and they were all fairly simple. No insta kill bosses, more like a mini-dungeon. Truthfully, we had more troubles with some of the exploration modes in the dungeons. You can easily play them as PUG without any worry, so it's a good way to introduce yourself to fractals and see if they're a good fit for you.