Cinematic in "On the Mend" story not triggering properly

Well, as the title says, the last cinematic (when going downstairs to check on Petra and Andrew) in the personal story "On the Mend" does not work properly for me. It switches into the cinematic screen, but the characters won't appear, there is no audio and the text doesn't display either. This has happened twice so far and the only option is to skip the dialogue, which is kinda meh.

Would be cool if this could be fixed, I prefer hearing the conversations instead of having to read them in the chat panel. : D

Hmm. I'm told there's an overall issue with story cinematics. I helped a friend through One Path Ends last night and in the "initiation" sequence all the audio and associated subtitles appeared very rapidly, followed by the cinematic of the phases of initiation playing out in silence. He told me he'd been seeing reports that many personal/living story instance cinematics had been behaving oddly since the last patch, including issues such as you mention.

Hopefully the next patch we get will correct the problem; meanwhile, I think you're not alone in your suffering, if that helps at all.

I just did a key run a couple of hours ago on a sylvari (White Hart track) and did not have any visual/audio issues, though, so it apparently isn't happening globally.

I can certainly vouch for this. I've been going back and doing all the storyline quests from the very beginning of the game. Everything Was fine until I got to "Heart of Thorns". Not only is the dialog and audio cutting off abruptly, it is also cutting off portions of the storyline, ultimately ruining the Storyline as a whole. For example, the part were you and Bram argue in the jungle is completely missing, causing a plot hole.

• 2 years later...

Was this issue ever fixed? I just experienced this today; I Alt+F4 out of the game in order to try to kickstart it back into working properly (since I'm a new player and have never played this mission before) but it just keeps happening.ETA: Well, it worked after I closed the game down twice. Strange that this glitch has been around for years and hasn't been fixed yet, though.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It is now November 2022... and this is STILL not fixed?  It's obviously random and doesn't affect everyone, suggesting it's likely a client-side issue...

I tried doing this on two different alts now just today alone, and each time... cutscene with no characters, no audio, no nothing.  I alt-F4'd out of the game on each alt, restarted the quest, still nothing.  Eventually I had to just give up and "skip to the end".

This really sucks, because I just came back to the game after several years away, and I wanted to play through the entirety of the story for all races again because I've practically forgotten everything.