PvP class tier list [UPDATED]

zyra.7860

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Grimjack.8130 said:S : Thief Ele EngiA : Necro RevB : Ranger GuardianC : MesmerD : Warriorin no particular order in the tiers for competitive gameplay@"zyra.7860" said:Hi, this is the recent "Class tier list"-made by highest ranked PvP-players. E-specs have included to tiers.

S tier (Meta) - Engi, Guard, RevA tier (Very good)- Necro, EleB tier - (Not good, not terrible) Thief, Ranger, MesmerC tier (Useless tier) - Warrior

What is this, an 1v1 tierlist? Because it has nothing to do with conquest that's for sure.

How come, besides engi everything in S have limited v1 potential, like pretty sure that ele is tempest and thief inst a v1 class at all.

Because they’re both irreplaceable in their roles of support and decap/roamer

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@zyra.7860 said:Hi, this is the recent "Class tier list"-made by highest ranked PvP-players. E-specs have included to tiers.

S tier (Meta) - Engi, Guard, RevA tier (Very good)- Necro, EleB tier - (Not good, not terrible) Thief, Ranger, MesmerC tier (Useless tier) - Warrior

lol thief B tier. Guard S tier, my god, no. Tell this to any top10 player/best of the best AT team and see their reaction.

Your opinion is not relevant. This list was made together in meeting of current 5 top players, so i guess we dont need your opinion here.

Ho? And who are these mighty top 5 players that put Thief in B tier?

Sweet home Alabama

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@zyra.7860 said:Hi, this is the recent "Class tier list"-made by highest ranked PvP-players. E-specs have included to tiers.

lol thief B tier. Guard S tier, my god, no. Tell this to any top10 player/best of the best AT team and see their reaction.

Your opinion is not relevant. This list was made together in meeting of current 5 top players, so i guess we dont need your opinion here.

Ho? And who are these mighty top 5 players that put Thief in B tier?

1 of them is a person who calls himself trollingdemigod. I hope I get banned so I can close this chapter once and forall

I really hope these posts haven't influenced my matches. I keep getting tempests that literally don't heal a single person the entire game, never give auras to anyone, do zero damage, never CC anyone, and instantly die the second they lose respawn invul.

Please remove ele from the S tier in all your lists.

@Shiyo.3578 said:I really hope these posts haven't influenced my matches. I keep getting tempests that literally don't heal a single person the entire game, never give auras to anyone, do zero damage, never CC anyone, and instantly die the second they lose respawn invul.

this is for top players, at/plat 2+ where people at the very least know what their class is supposed to do. Tempest takes some thought process to make the most value off, its much easier to play dps build and spam damage then to have to know when to heal, who to heal, who to CC, when to CC, even something silly as throwing magnetic aura or proj block field properly take more effort then most dps builds do.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:I really hope these posts haven't influenced my matches. I keep getting tempests that literally don't heal a single person the entire game, never give auras to anyone, do zero damage, never CC anyone, and instantly die the second they lose respawn invul.

this is for top players, at/plat 2+ where people at the very least know what their class is supposed to do. Tempest takes some thought process to make the most value off, its much easier to play dps build and spam damage then to have to know when to heal, who to heal, who to CC, when to CC, even something silly as throwing magnetic aura or proj block field properly take more effort then most dps builds do.

Yes, but some silvers/low golds are going to come in here, see tempest is S tier, go try it out, and randomly get put in my games despite being -200 to -400 rating to me(matchmaking issues) and contribute a total of zero when they could be playing something like reaper/thief/holo and contribute something since those classes require absolutely zero effort for massive reward.

@Shiyo.3578 said:Yes, but some silvers/low golds are going to come in here, see tempest is S tier, go try it out, and randomly get put in my games despite being -200 to -400 rating to me(matchmaking issues) and contribute a total of zero when they could be playing something like reaper/thief/holo and contribute something since those classes require absolutely zero effort for massive reward.

It's not about rating. They're the same rating as you but it feels like they're lower rated simply because, as the other guy stated, support Tempest is one of the hardest-to-play meta builds. It does seem like I drop 100 rating when I try to play it. I have to play twice as hard as any other build just to feel like I'm actually helping the team.

@Dave.6819 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:Imagine thinking thief is B tier, how biased are you?

Shortbow 5 and dash carries it. Take those away and it's useless in pvp cuz it cant really be a teamfighter.

Not at all, this isn't HoT anymore where everyone has 50% passive DR/invul procs, infinite sustain, yet can still kill thieves in 2 hits. Thief actually does insane damage/pressure and is why it's so overpowered.

• 8 months later...

Can we please not bring elements of World of Warcraft and other MMO's into this amazing game.  In Guild Wars 1 there was no "Tier"  there was play and counter play.  People would design a team that seemed unbeatable"  "IWAY" and then the community would figure out a way to counter build it,  what makes gw1 and gw2 (to a lesser extent ) great is, that you can counter "Meta"  by thinking outside the box. 

There is no Tier,  there is no Meta,  there may be Easier and more straightforward builds and team compositions , but in the Guild Wars Universe, there are professions,  skill , traits,  rune options, and player and team skill.   It has always been that way.  

Things that are under performing and over performing will be balanced, lets not worry about what the "Best" is and just enjoy this incredible game player our characters the way we want to play them.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Shadow Dragon.1469 said:

lol i like how a necro "necro'd" this topic and it hilariously says 8months later... 

LOLOLOLOL guy has a necro icon for his name.

kitten I wish I could thumbs up Anet right now for programming in that it would say "8 months later...." if someone necros a thread after this long.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524

On 9/14/2020 at 9:17 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Shortbow 5 and dash carries it. Take those away and it's useless in pvp cuz it cant really be a teamfighter.

Not at all, this isn't HoT anymore where everyone has 50% passive DR/invul procs, infinite sustain, yet can still kill thieves in 2 hits. Thief actually does insane damage/pressure and is why it's so overpowered.

Teef OP?!

Edited by Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

On 6/14/2021 at 7:49 PM, Keitaro Dragonheart.9047 said:

Teef OP?!

yes, thief is the most op broken class in current high end conquest gameplay, agreed by 90% of the mAT winners in EU.

go to any of the mAT winners stream and ask them about thief, and they will tell you its the most broken class in the game.

you dont understand only because you are bad.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

If we're talking ranked:

S - cmirage, d/p thief, dh, core ranger (valk variant),. nade holo (its hard to decide if this is still S or down to A now)

A - pherald, soulbeast, core nec, weaver, renegade

B - reaper, spellbreaker, pmirage, crev, cthief

C - scourge, tempest (in ranked its more oppressive than support guard with the fields, etc)

D - core mes, support guard, core rev, druid

F - berserker

Hard to choose where core nec is and where reaper is, in ranked its all about stomping pugs so damage impact is reaper but idk.

Edited by Tanbin.9402
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 6/13/2021 at 11:44 AM, AaronWinterhalter.9425 said:

Things that are under performing and over performing will be balanced, lets not worry about what the "Best" is and just enjoy this incredible game player our characters the way we want to play them.

This cant be real btw.

This reads like a necro main being so defensive at the current meta balance favoring their builds that they resurrect a year old thread to tell people its not worth arguing about/to look the other way. 

That's almost cartoonish. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 9/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, zyra.7860 said:

Hi, this is the recent "Class tier list"-made by highest ranked PvP-players. E-specs have included to tiers.

You are fine to be wrong.

Edited by OuterOcean.2418
  • Like 2