I need Soulbeast DPS help

Syiic.3724

I have been trying to improve my rotation. My typical DPS is about ~25k on golems. My uptime is about 92-93%. ArcDPS reports that most of my cancels is from my Long Range Shot (LB AA). I tried to stop clicking and let it automatically auto attack but it doesn't work as well. What should i do?

Edit: I realized that I might be late when switching skills/abilities so my autoattack might activate.
Edit2: https://dps.report/B4gD-20200915-002001_golem - My DPS Log on Golem

Try to dps under one wolf pack and sic em buff... specially make sure barrage and whirling defence both deal their dmg under those buffs.Always use sic em at the very end of barrageWen u swap to x/axe use axe 4 at first and use it again before swapping back to bowEvery secod rotation loop one wolf pack isnt available so use LB 3 if OWP isnt availableTurn off LB auto attack bec it randomly messes ur worldy impact activation and u wont be able to use it... in the benchmark video the guy has turned it off too i thinkAlso a last tip: make sure barrage(LB5)/whirling defence(AXE5)/F2,3(frenzy and worldly impact) and frost trap all deal their dmg under sic em and OWP or just sic em if OWP isnt available.One last-last tip: if u are using skrimishing make sure u are hitting the boss from the side or behind to deal critical dmgIf u are using marksman it doesnt matter i thinkAlso for dps rotation u dont need to use Leader of the pack trait(grandmaster trait in SLB traitline). Instead use the one below it (idk the name... im learning SLB too)Ultimatly last tip: count ur dagger(or sword) AA chainsYou should use the chain of sword or the dagger 4 times... if u are using dagger u should use double arc (dagger 2) 1 time before starting the 4 AA chain and 1 time after the chain for maximum dps and then using axe 4 then swapping.I promise this is the last tip ;) : in option menu turn the option that makes all ur ground target skills (barrage and axe 4) exactly get targeted on ur current target ON so u make sure axe 4 always hitsHope my tips helped you a bit

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:Try to dps under one wolf pack and sic em buff... specially make sure barrage and whirling defence both deal their dmg under those buffs.Always use sic em at the very end of barrageWen u swap to x/axe use axe 4 at first and use it again before swapping back to bowEvery secod rotation loop one wolf pack isnt available so use LB 3 if OWP isnt availableTurn off LB auto attack bec it randomly messes ur worldy impact activation and u wont be able to use it... in the benchmark video the guy has turned it off too i thinkAlso a last tip: make sure barrage(LB5)/whirling defence(AXE5)/F2,3(frenzy and worldly impact) and frost trap all deal their dmg under sic em and OWP or just sic em if OWP isnt available.One last-last tip: if u are using skrimishing make sure u are hitting the boss from the side or behind to deal critical dmgIf u are using marksman it doesnt matter i thinkAlso for dps rotation u dont need to use Leader of the pack trait(grandmaster trait in SLB traitline). Instead use the one below it (idk the name... im learning SLB too)Ultimatly last tip: count ur dagger(or sword) AA chainsYou should use the chain of sword or the dagger 4 times... if u are using dagger u should use double arc (dagger 2) 1 time before starting the 4 AA chain and 1 time after the chain for maximum dps and then using axe 4 then swapping.I promise this is the last tip ;) : in option menu turn the option that makes all ur ground target skills (barrage and axe 4) exactly get targeted on ur current target ON so u make sure axe 4 always hitsHope my tips helped you a bit

Thanks for the tips. I took LB Autoattack and Sword Autoattack off. This tip helped alot from prevent canceling.

During the opening you forget to cast Frosttrap and more importantly Point Blank Shot. You miss out on a lot of damage due to the missing TaV buff.

Overall your TaV uptime is lacking a bit. Make sure to cast your first Axe 4 as far away from to golem as possible and the second one as close as possible. Reason is, that you still have the TaV buff from Point Blank Shot, so you wanna reset its duration later when swapping to axe.

A canceled SB2 and Axe 5 in the log, but overall the rotation does look good. However, I think you don't have the proper equipment. You are at least missing an air sigil and an hyromancy sigil. Make sure to also check your stats. From a rotational PoV it really shouldn't be that low.

@Icetea.3204 said:During the opening you forget to cast Frosttrap and more importantly Point Blank Shot. You miss out on a lot of damage due to the missing TaV buff.

Overall your TaV uptime is lacking a bit. Make sure to cast your first Axe 4 as far away from to golem as possible and the second one as close as possible. Reason is, that you still have the TaV buff from Point Blank Shot, so you wanna reset its duration later when swapping to axe.

A canceled SB2 and Axe 5 in the log, but overall the rotation does look good. However, I think you don't have the proper equipment. You are at least missing an air sigil and an hyromancy sigil. Make sure to also check your stats. From a rotational PoV it really shouldn't be that low.

Thanks for the tips. Ill pay more attention on the TaV uptime. I didn't know i had to throw my first Axe 4 far. Yah i dont have air or hyro because my setup is for fractals so i have impact rune. Also, why do we active Sic Em near the near of barrage?

@Syiic.3724 said:

@Icetea.3204 said:During the opening you forget to cast Frosttrap and more importantly Point Blank Shot. You miss out on a lot of damage due to the missing TaV buff.

Thanks for the tips. Ill pay more attention on the TaV uptime. I didn't know i had to throw my first Axe 4 far. Yah i dont have air or hyro because my setup is for fractals so i have impact rune. Also, why do we active Sic Em near the near of barrage?

I assume you mean near the end?That's simply because barrage has a long time where it doesn't do anything. Cast it on the golem and you will notice that your first hit occurs very late into the cast. You just don't wanna use sic em uptime when you don't hit anything anyway.

• 1 month later...

Looking at the log, it looks like you’re running marksmanship (ie.The fractal build). If so, that’s not that bad. However you are cancelling skills far too early. You need to let your lb5 blink before you cancel the after cast. Similar problems with Whirling defense. Let your big skills finish.

Running skirmishing with the proper raid build will get you much higher.

In your log you were face on to the boss. You need to flank the boss to get the big numbers. It’s the main reason the fractal build does so much lower sustained dps, as you can’t reliably flank.

@Syiic.3724 said:Can someone answer how to increase my uptime and about the cancellation of the longbow autoattack (LB AA)?

Longbow has a really long aftercast. You want to manually attack instead of sitting back autosttacking. That will cancel the aftercast. It’s normal to disable auto attack on longbow too as it makes that easier