First ascended set to go for as a revenant

Clockworks.3825

Hello!I've recently returned to Gw2, and found I enjoyed the revenant quite a lot, playing as a condi herald for open world (with trailblazer gear)

But recently I've leveled up both armor/weapon smithing and think it's time to start working on my first ascended gear set. (both armor and weapons)Question is which one?Currently I'm doing alot of open world stuff, map completions etc. but if I were to go into any PVE related stuff I'd say my first pick would be fractals. (as I don't currently have the time to invest enough for raiding)Hope you're able to help me.

As a side note I know I'm able to get some ascended gear from both PVP WVW and PVE, but the time isn't there for me to do any of it, so crafting seems like the best option to go :).

Damn should have posted it as a question :/ hope that's alright I didn't, can't seem to be able to change it

Berserker's for PowerorVipers for Condition.

Trailblazers is a no go for any form of end game PvE content (Fractals, Dungeons, Raids). You could also go for Diviners (with some berserkers) for Alacren, just note that this would be support and you would be expected to do more than just dps. If you have PoF and are able to; unlock Renegade (needed for Alacren). It's a much better spec all around (In PvE) aside from very niche roles. You might be able to get away with Trailblazers in low tier fractals, but don't expect to get into many T4 groups later on until you upgrade as you just wont be doing enough to be worth keeping in party.

If you insist on playing Herald I suggest going power as Herald doesn't lend itself well to Condition damage but does fine as power. If you insist on going Condition damage then you definitely need to go for Renegade (If you have access to it) as it's more geared towards condition damage. Either way, though, you will need to upgrade to a more aggressive set as it's looked down upon to run Vitality or Toughness in fractals if you aren't the healer.

• Ascended trinkets are good because they're easy to get and the stat boost over exotics is substantial.
  • Ascended weapons have slightly higher base damage, which translates into a nice damage boost for Power-based (including Viper's, since it's still partial Power) builds.
  • The biggest payoff for ascended armor is being able to slot more Agony Resistance infusions.

So I'd focus your crafting on whatever set you're actually going to use to do T2+ Fractals, as a starting point. Going up the Fractal ladder will in turn give you much more money to build further ascended gear, should you choose to optimize more gear sets.

Start with berserker armor stats because trinkets are really easy to obtain and even reset using multiple sources, even Living Season 3-4 maps, except if you like PvP.

If you like PvP just go straiigth to get the legendary armor. One ascended armor set would cost you ~250/300 gold coins, the PvP legentary armor will take you at least 13 months and probably ~1500 gold coins, but once obtained it will let you freely reset your stats at will, and ANet has plans to implement a shared wardrobe for every legendary item, so all of you characters which use heavy armor will benefit from it (the exact way in which will implemented is still to be determined).

The stat prefixes worthy of note for Revenant are:

-Diviners- Meta for playing "Alacrigade" Boon support+ Power DPS. Highly in demand in end game PvE content so if you want easy invites to raid groups go for this and learn to use the build associated with it ( TL;DR You spam F4 for alacrity while doing a DPS rotation ).-Berserkers- Best for solo power DPS builds and Open world. New players going through the OW content are generally best with this for their first set.-Vipers- Meta for Condi DPS in Raids/Fractals. Alternative to Berserker if you prefer running Mallyx.-Marauders- Best PvP gear set for use in WvW. If you like WvW getting a set of this and putting WvW infusions on it should be a goal.-Harrier- Meta for Ventari healer / Boon support. Not used as often but if you want to be a healbot go ahead.

Pick whichever one matches your goal in the endgame. Everything else is for more fringe utility or meme builds.

Unless you are particularly into condition damage based builds, I would recommend Berserker/Diviner hybrid.

Herald can easily maintain permanent 25 stacks of Might, Fury, Swiftness and high uptime for many other boons with this setup, and Renegade can provide permanent Alacrity, Protection and many other boons just as well.

Personally, I do not find either of them worse than full Berserker in open world, if not better. Since ascended trinkets are relatively easily available, swap your Diviner trinkets for Berserker ones when you feel like putting out more personal DPS, and switch them back when you want to support your allies better.

As for instanced PvE contents, there is also demand for Alacrity in Fractals so you would also fit for purpose with this setup.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:The stat prefixes worthy of note for Revenant are:

-Diviners- Meta for playing "Alacrigade" Boon support+ Power DPS. Highly in demand in end game PvE content so if you want easy invites to raid groups go for this and learn to use the build associated with it ( TL;DR You spam F4 for alacrity while doing a DPS rotation ).

Piggybacking off this it’s also worth noting here that the Alacrigade rotation, while seeming simple, is also generally expected to do a lot of other shit, particularly in Fractals. For example, knowing when to take Jalis for stability or Mallyx for boon strip (and people WILL yell at you if you don’t take the right legend when it’s necessary) and major CC is always expected of Alacrigade as well as a bunch of other things that are also encounter specific. I would recommend for newer Alacrigades to do their research and also not to be afraid to ask questions. Good Alacrigade vs bad Alacrigade is like night and day, and it has little to do with its damage output

Thought I would tag a similar question onto this.I currently have a full set of ascended berserker armor that I made for my dragon hunter. I don't have a lot of gold/resources and I'm thinking of switching out to revenant (too many guardians around ;) ). I'm only in T1 fractals at the moment though looking to get up through the ranks. Do you think it's worth stat swapping all of the gear to diviners for the short term, then build more pieces for berserkers for when I have the AR/potions to get boon duration there? I've started enjoying strikes recently too and from what I can tell you need to be in almost full diviners outside of fractals to get 100% alacrity uptime?

• 3 weeks later...

If ur putting in the effort to get full ascended, then its a no brainer that it has to be Diviners. Its expected from almost every group content, and the exotic version is equally annoying to get (so might as well ascended).

Anything else like Bersekers or Viper or Harrier, u can just get the exotic version of it and u will still do good. Berserkers is easiest as u can just buy the set off the TP.

@Heepnose.5174 said:Thought I would tag a similar question onto this.I currently have a full set of ascended berserker armor that I made for my dragon hunter. I don't have a lot of gold/resources and I'm thinking of switching out to revenant (too many guardians around ;) ). I'm only in T1 fractals at the moment though looking to get up through the ranks. Do you think it's worth stat swapping all of the gear to diviners for the short term, then build more pieces for berserkers for when I have the AR/potions to get boon duration there? I've started enjoying strikes recently too and from what I can tell you need to be in almost full diviners outside of fractals to get 100% alacrity uptime?

Strikes are straightforward enuf that u can just buy a full exotic Bersekers set off the TP.

And good luck stat swapping to Diviners, its not an overnight thing (Serpentite Jewel is LOL), so dont be in a rush. When u stat swap one piece, then u buy a Berserker Exotic to replace it, so go slowly.