Cavalier Armor

@Silyth.7382 said:That would be really nice to have as armor skins. Especially since in my mind that is heavy armor for Elona (fully covered in that heat seems heavy to me).

In hot, dry climates, it's essential to be fully covered when outdoors. Walking around with exposed skin risks sunburn and melanoma, as well as severe skin dehydration.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@"Silyth.7382" said:That would be really nice to have as armor skins. Especially since in my mind that is heavy armor for Elona (fully covered in that heat seems heavy to me).

In hot, dry climates, it's essential to be fully covered when outdoors. Walking around with exposed skin risks sunburn and melanoma, as well as severe skin dehydration.

That I know and understand, but why the hell do we need curtain drapes, rugs, and a dead cat around these pants?Elonian_armor_%28light%29_human_female_f

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@"Silyth.7382" said:That would be really nice to have as armor skins. Especially since in my mind that is heavy armor for Elona (fully covered in that heat seems heavy to me).

Very, very true in real life. However... in gw2 though where so much is in varying levels of skimpy something that fully covers has the feel of heavy or medium armor. Especially when outfits they give NPCs to "cool off" exposes more skin. So, the hope of if it were to be made into an armor skin it would be made into heavy. An outfit would be ok, but those get so limiting (example: can't where glasses or anything with them)

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

That I know and understand, but why the hell do we need curtain drapes, rugs, and a dead cat around these pants?
Elonian_armor_%28light%29_human_female_f

Cause they like to emphasize big hips. No idea. I struggle with GW hip and butt aesthetics too. They all get bulky and wierd attachments.

@Silyth.7382 said:

@Silyth.7382 said:That would be really nice to have as armor skins. Especially since in my mind that is heavy armor for Elona (fully covered in that heat seems heavy to me).

That I know and understand, but why the hell do we need curtain drapes, rugs, and a dead cat around these pants?

Cause they like to emphasize big hips. No idea. I struggle with GW hip and butt aesthetics too. They all get bulky and wierd attachments.

I think I'm the thinnest body I could be for light armour so I don't have no "hip" or "butt" or care for them.I just want something that does not look like I would struggle to simply move in them. Any kind of thing that would hold me back because a little wind blowing is bad.

I don't see "bit hips" or "big kitten maker" in these kind of clothings. I'm seeing "I'm out of my damn mind and don't know how to dress."

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

I think I'm the thinnest body I could be for light armour so I don't have no "hip" or "butt" or care for them.I just want something that does not look like I would struggle to simply move in them. Any kind of thing that would hold me back because a little wind blowing is bad.

I don't see "bit hips" or "big kitten maker" in these kind of clothings. I'm seeing "I'm out of my kitten mind and don't know how to dress."

Lol, fair enough. Especially when most commoners in the area are not dressed that way. An attempt to fit in with the locals gone horribly, horribly wrong.

I really want all the Crystal Desert npc garb as armor. Outfits in a pinch, but really, armor. It seems some pieces already are -- I've noted npcs wearing puffed pants tucked into boots, but they have basic available-since-launch chest pieces. Example: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/149652082784206849/399314187219632129/AmnoonNPC.JPG

There is probably some technical difficulty with making NPC armor available to players, or surely in the past five years ANet would have heeded the frequent requests for it, but that doesn't stop me from wanting!

@Silyth.7382 said:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HartmanHips

;)

@Oglaf.1074 said:

;)

Ha ha, yep. Though I think gw2 likes the hourglass look too. Kindof interesting how many of the armors fit into on of the two category. Into the Hartman hips for sure if your selected model has has the smaller chest size. Heavy armor a lot of the time just suddenly justs out to make a wide hip. And a lot of light armor just embraces it. That's really interesting, thanks for link.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Human_female_heavy_armorhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Human_female_light_armor

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I recently started playing again and I finished PoF and I really liked the armor but I saw that it wasn’t available so I found this thread. It’s a shame that it wasn’t picked up and made available since this thread started. I can imagine quite a few players still want it (I’ve been thinking about it since I saw it). Hopefully the devs will suprise us sometime before End or Dragons ?

@Yung Reezy.8479 said:I recently started playing again and I finished PoF and I really liked the armor but I saw that it wasn’t available so I found this thread. It’s a shame that it wasn’t picked up and made available since this thread started. I can imagine quite a few players still want it (I’ve been thinking about it since I saw it). Hopefully the devs will suprise us sometime before End or Dragons ?

Hopefully as medium armour. My thief and ranger are in need of it