Account bound / non-sellable crafting materials

Mindbender.9632

I can't really find an answer to this question, but what is the use of account bound crafting materials like Pile of Auric dust, Ley Line Sparks or Bottles of Airship Oil? We can't sell it to traders, we can't sell it at the trading post, the only use of these specific ones is creating Fulgurite, but you also need Obsidian shards for that. That is quite costly just to create storage space, meanwhile they pile up for a lot of people.

I can see it ruining the in-game economy if we could sell this at thet TP, but why can't this stuff be sellable at verdors?

@Mindbender.9632 said:Bottles of Airship OilPile of Auric dust,

i probably have like 2000 of these each in the bank on top of the 1000s in my material storage... no use for them since i have no interest in legendaries (don't like their looks/too shiny) and the guilds im part of are either too low or already maxed so i cant dump the stuff in the guild treasury.

i started destroying/discarding the new ones i get... wish i could sell them all on the TP instead

@Jilora.9524 said:As for TP these would be like 1c as I bet we all have a little hoard just in case and no one even newish players have difficulty in acquiring these as the drop rates are way higher then release so new players can catch up

i think so too, but even then 1 or 3 copper per piece price is still better than 0 ... or better yet just make it so NPC would take them for copper (much faster to sell too)

Good to see I'm not the only one having this problem. I'm destroying these too, and I have crafted some legendaries. Still there's a ton of them left in storage. It would be nice if Anet gave this whole system a makeover and gave stuff we can't TP away a vendor value or the possibility to salvage it. As for those materials, they should indeed be bound imo, but also tradable at vendors., TP is slow enough as it is now, and they should not be super easy to come by for those creating legendaries.

with random greens you mean the heart vendor equip from gobblers, right?

those can be put in the mystic forge, output is tradeable, so you have an unlimited sink, unlike the other items mentioned

maybe other items could get a mystic forge usage?the three HoT garbage items + leaf fossil = some low value thing? maybe empyreal fragments, dragonite ore or bloodstone dust at random like it is for clovers?

25 ley line spark + 25 auric dust + 25 airship oil + 5 leaf fossil = 5/25 empyreal fragments/bloodstone dust/dragonite ore or 1/3 obsidian shard [rare]

IMO, assign them a trivial vendor value or make a "universal toilet" gobbler/mystic recipe that lets you turn a stack of 250 into some kind of minor garbage.

I don't actually mind just trashing them the way I do now, tbh. But it would be helpful to have that come with some kind of guidance about what they're for, so newer players aren't stuck having to research the individual purpose of each one.

I've crafted some legendary stuff since HoT was released, but consuming these materials faster or as fast as I get them is impossible for me.

My guess is that even ANet has written these materials off as junk. They will either remain junk or ANet will release a sink for them one or two months before including them in actual recipes.