We need a ranked pip revamp

Firebeard.1746

Ranked shouldn't exist(The ladder is literally pointless right now), unranked should get the pip system and all titles and some other high value gold rewards(more mcs? clovers? ascended mats? special bags? anything?) should be given to AT's, including placing last. There needs to be more encouragement to "team up" and "play organized" instead of having user transactions for titles/badges and creating easy matches to maintain your top20 status in an entirely irrelevant worthless leaderboard.

Premade 5v5(AT's) is the only real way to show your skill, the ladder system does not show skill, at all. AT's are also too underwhelming and unrewarding to be worth doing, so people just solo queue ranked all day and never try to find a team. This is a bad atmosphere for a competitive 5v5 team based game. This is like if esports didn't exist in OW/League/DoTA and queueing ranked gave you irl money based on your rank - no one would even care to make, join, or practice as a team.

@Azreell.1568 said:

@jwhite.7012 said:I've said it before, but I think they should drastically alter the pip tally.

ie.Win: 3 pipsLoss: 1 pipRank tier: +1 pip /rankTop Stat: 2 pip / stat

Add additional stats, like most executes (not assists), decap/capping (not just passive points for fighting on nodes), highest boon distribution, highest power dmg, highest condi dmg.I realize players might be intimidated by this at first (with the idea that it would limit non optimal builds), but that's the difference between ranked and regular games. I think this would also encourage diversity in comps. Players would want to strive to achieve a top stat (so if there was 3 condi's on the team already, they might switch to power..)

Good way to put the final nail in the coffin.

Nerf pvp rewards and watch this mode become a ghost town worse then what it is currently.

As it stands rewards are the only saving grace conquest has in gw2.

The highest ranks would give you way more pips in this model (because of the massive pip buffs on losses). How is this a nerf?

Water will always find the path of least resistance.

Same with any games player base.

You are directly reducing the current reward system especially for new players - and you think that will go over well?

We need to attract new plaer's not scare them away.

I don't understand where or how you drew that conclusion. My recommendation gives players rewards based off of their performance. Which would essentially destroy afk/botting in pvp. If you're new to pvp, you can still revive. If you're bad at pvp, you can decap. The breakdown ONLY punishes players for NOT contributing.

@jwhite.7012 said:

@jwhite.7012 said:I've said it before, but I think they should drastically alter the pip tally.

ie.Win: 3 pipsLoss: 1 pipRank tier: +1 pip /rankTop Stat: 2 pip / stat

Add additional stats, like most executes (not assists), decap/capping (not just passive points for fighting on nodes), highest boon distribution, highest power dmg, highest condi dmg.I realize players might be intimidated by this at first (with the idea that it would limit non optimal builds), but that's the difference between ranked and regular games. I think this would also encourage diversity in comps. Players would want to strive to achieve a top stat (so if there was 3 condi's on the team already, they might switch to power..)

Good way to put the final nail in the coffin.

Nerf pvp rewards and watch this mode become a ghost town worse then what it is currently.

As it stands rewards are the only saving grace conquest has in gw2.

The highest ranks would give you way more pips in this model (because of the massive pip buffs on losses). How is this a nerf?

Water will always find the path of least resistance.

Same with any games player base.

You are directly reducing the current reward system especially for new players - and you think that will go over well?

We need to attract new plaer's not scare them away.

I don't understand where or how you drew that conclusion. My recommendation gives players rewards based off of their performance. Which would essentially destroy afk/botting in pvp. If you're new to pvp, you can still revive. If you're bad at pvp, you can decap. The breakdown ONLY punishes players for NOT contributing.

We already have that exact system and one that doesn't punish new players who do not understand mechanics yet.

You can't solve a bot issue with a direct nerf to rewards.

All that will happen is bots will write another script to capitalize on the new rule set to get max pips.

Issues like that wont be addressed with making it harder for players to receive rewards.

We already have that exact system and one that doesn't punish new players who do not understand mechanics yet.

Uhm, no.. we really don't have that system. You get ONE pip for top stats. not multiple, only one.

I don't fully understand why you suggest that a brand new player should be able to get just as many pips as someone who is carrying a team, or actively pursuing wins.