My game crashes at least once a day on brand new computer :(

not sure someone has said it allready and im having a bit of a time constraint to check replies but since you have a new computer i have a few advices that you definitely would be wise to check and could be the root cause of your problem:since your computer is completely new its a good idea to check the stability of your rig and the individual components by doing a stress test. there are several programs out there that does this (make sure your computer is properly cooled) but i can mention one that has been a staple for a long time.Prime95.that program will stress test your computer (in particular your cpu and motherboard) and if your computer has either faulty components (yes, even new computers can be delivered with faulty components, especially memory sticks and motherboard components) this program will be able to reproduce the issue (crash).this way you will be able to tell whether its the actual game thats causing your crashes (since youre not even running it when testing) or if the problem is elsewhere.a stresstest is designed to put more load on your system than any individual program would ever do, like games.that is one tip.next tip would be to use a memory tester like memtest 86+ to go in depth and test your ram memory. faulty memory sticks can throw off the MOST weird errors imaginable, depending on where the issue within the ram memory is located itself.you wouldnt believe me if i told you just how many times i've had issues with a computer and it turns out it was the memory sticks all along. thankfully most sticks come with a very nice warranty, and most manufactures will replace free of charge because memory sticks is something that fail very often.memtest86+ will also show you potential issues that can come from not only the memory but also the cpu and/or various features related to it that might be turned on on your motherboards bios.a great little program.you need both of them though because one is more aimed to test the ram, and the other one is more aimed for an overall stresstest of your computer (cpu and motherhboard). explanations what the programs do are of course explained on their official websites.once you have both stresstested your rig with prime95 AND tested ur memory with memtest86+ and it shows no errors, in 99/100 cases you can say you have a stable rig and that the crashes does not originate from your own computer, but rather it has to be the gw 2 client. i've heard reports of issues with people running the client on Windows 10, as you are.it is a good idea to run these two programs even if youre not playing guild wars 2 of course.i run them anytime i change a setting related to overclock or other various settings. i also run them on a regular basis because as we all know, compontents degrade over time (especially if theyre exposed to higher temperatures).these programs will not test your ssd harddrive(s), and so you do not have to worry about your ssd losing blocks/writes.hopfully this will help you!ps. i wont link to the programs on here bc frankly im not sure linking is allowed but a quick google should give you what you need. ds

• 1 month later...

I've been reading this in the last 2 years. I have this issue, it's probably an issue regarding with our ISP communicating with GW2 server. I have used my Desktop and my HP Laptop and my wife's Dell Laptop, same issue. Now I'm currently using my Asus ROG Strix gaming laptop GTX1070 and I encountered this black screen issue 3 times today already.

Note that I am using Window Mode and yes GW2 Turns black, I can pull out the gw2 settings window by pressing F11 when screen turns black, when I press F12 I have an option to Log out or Character Selection screen, whenever I choose one it doesn't do anything, just black screen with background music.

I also play other MMORPG and RPG like Elder Scrolls Online, Black Desert Online, Monster Hunter World and Witcher 3, those games have massive demand from your video card when it comes to graphics and I can play those smoothly with no issue. So I'm 100% sure this is not regarding any drivers of your Video Card. If updating drivers fixed your issue then you have a different problem before, not the same as mine. It's already December 13, 2019 and I still encounter this issue.

• 8 months later...

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Knutsson.9405 said:Nothing works. So goodbye GW2 for now.

Did you try rolling back the Windows update? If the crashes only started happening after the Win update, that would suggest that's the issue.

Yes, tried that. Didnt work. The first time the game crashed was when win update started, wich is sort of normal. Win update tends to make all games crash. Also tried reinstalling win update with client deleted and then installing client fresh afterwards.__

Just a lil update. I got ahold of tech support and a eminent fella there made me go through several steps, dont ask me what it was I was doing, luddite me is leaning towards fixing everything with hard bonks on the machine. End of the story is, my client now seems to be working fine, I just ran around Vabbi for a little while, and it was like driving a shiny new car, so TY Anet^^

@"Knutsson.9405" said:Yes, tried that. Didnt work. The first time the game crashed was when win update started, wich is sort of normal. Win update tends to make all games crash.

You don't update your OS while a game is running. :s

Try this and update manually from now on when you don't have other applications running: https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-update-blocker-v1-5/

@"inuraichi.6178" said:Anyway, I tried:repairing the gameuninstalling and reinstalling the game.lowering my settings

It has nothing to do with the game and its settings. It's either a GPU issue or (more likely) has something to do with you hyper-threading or overclocking settings in BIOS. Google your motherboard and check your BIOS and see which settings are recommended.

I use geforce experience to keep my driver up to date, it informs me I have GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with the latest driver: version 436.02 releasedate: 08/20/2019

Use this next time (in Safe Mode) before you install the latest GPU driver: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v18030-released

Hope you've solved the issue by now, though, since it's been over a year. ;)

• 1 month later...

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Popocatl.2649" said:Hello again, more than a year and still no solution. Thanks a lot Arenanet.

It's not an issue with the game but likely with your system. Did you
before you executed a game repair?

If that doesn't help, try these steps:

Didn't work.

Why did you say that is an issue with my system? xD This error only happens with Gw2

Things that won't solve the problem:

• Change ISP
  • Change router settings
  • Get a new router
  • DDU all driver and reinstall drivers
  • Updated drivers
  • Get a new graphic card
  • Windows 10 update
  • Update Windows drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Delete .dat and re-patched
  • Use -repair on gw2.exe
  • Use -windowed on gw2.exe
  • Connect through VPN
  • Open up the PC and give a vacuum blow
  • Update and get more RAM
  • Disable fire wall
  • Get a new anti virus
  • Get new processor
  • Use -clientport 80 or -clientport 443
  • Get support for Arenanet
  • Start the game as admin

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Popocatl.2649" said:Things that won't solve the problem:
  • [...]

Have you tried different BIOS settings (deactivating overclocking of CPU and RAM, for instance, or activating/deactivating hyper-threading)?

I don't know how to do that. Which doesn't makes sense cuz I used to play in a laptop then I'm playing on a PC. Same problem in both.

@"Popocatl.2649" said:I don't know how to do that.

There is a thing called Google. ;)

Which doesn't makes sense

How do you know? Perhaps your laptop has equal BIOS settings. However...:

I used to play in a laptop then I'm playing on a PC. Same problem in both.

Well, then you should post your system specs. Perhaps it's related to the OS version or a specific Windows update.

It's hard to believe you have one year old drivers. GeForce Experience updates my drivers every couple of months for new games etc.Plug your monitor into your MB's Intel graphics port for the time being and see what happens.Try the GW2 display settings in the best performance mode for a while.

Shipping may loosen some connections. Push each plug in its socket. Reseat ram and any cards. New computers may need a little time to breakin.

@"Popocatl.2649" said:

@"Popocatl.2649" said:Things that won't solve the problem:
  • [...]

Have you tried different BIOS settings (deactivating overclocking of CPU and RAM, for instance, or activating/deactivating hyper-threading)?

I don't know how to do that. Which doesn't makes sense cuz I used to play in a laptop then I'm playing on a PC. Same problem in both.

This is big when it comes to TS a problem like this. If you have it on 2 devices with exact same issue. It is very rarely the actual PC's. But since not everyone has it, it is still tied with something that has with you to do. It is most likely still a network issue and these are extremely hard to TS. It's most likely some routing issue.