why this game have so low fps?

Pez.3978

I have Ryzen 5 3600(stock), EVGA 2060 KO Ultra, 16gb 3200 memory and get 30 to 35 fps in LA and 80+ FPS in open world(except during heavily populated boss Fights they are usu 25 to 30fps). The Most impact to FPS is from setting Character models on very high and showing name plates. Set Char. model to high/medium setting and turn off name plates. This is also a Dx9 title so that effects it a lot also. Check out this link about DX9 to DX12 Proxy it greatly improves the fps after awhile.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/ex7k6n/d912pxy_dx12_for_gw2_now_v20/

@"Pez.3978" said:i try to install this addon....i want to play 1080p 165hz 60fps,its possible?

Yes that's very achievable, no probs with your hardware :)

Here is the guide to installing and using the d912pxy

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/110553/want-to-use-directx-12-dx12-for-gw2-heres-a-guide-on-using-the-d912pxy-on-windows-10/p1?new=1

@Pez.3978 said:hello,i have this build on my pcryzen 5 3600xrtx 2070S32gb dominator 3400mhzwhy i have 20 fps on LA and 20 FPS on wvw????how is possible this game is optimized so bad?

Learn to at least add info about your resolution on display. Without that nobody can tell if you have to much expectation for the hardware you have listed or that is something else that isn't working as it should.

Also are you talking about day time when everybody are online after work or in bed time when most people are at sleep? When more player are at same spot in a hub like Lion's Arch then you can expect that you will have a drop in FPS from the number of players that are around in those places.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Carnius Magius.8091 said:The latency of data between your computer and ANET also affects FPS.No it does not. The quality of the network connection has nothing to do with the fps a computer can output. Even if you cut off the connection the fps will stay the same.

FPS for a game is not the same as the frame rate a video card sends to a monitor. Of course a120 fps monitor will display GW2 at 20 fps if that is all Anet is capable of sending at the moment. That's why players complain about lag.

@Carnius Magius.8091 said:

@Carnius Magius.8091 said:The latency of data between your computer and ANET also affects FPS.No it does not. The quality of the network connection has nothing to do with the fps a computer can output. Even if you cut off the connection the fps will stay the same.

FPS for a game is not the same as the frame rate a video card sends to a monitor. Of course a120 fps monitor will display GW2 at 20 fps if that is all Anet is capable of sending at the moment. That's why players complain about lag.

Wrong wrong wrong . what did i just read ????????????????

A monitor's frequency (Hertz) and the FPS are two diffrent things with only a limited visual connection (e.g., screen tearing effects):https://www.avadirect.com/blog/frame-rate-fps-vs-hz-refresh-rate/

P.S. On newer hardware, you are getting much more FPS in GW2 than on slower systems. Does that means it's your system's fault that GW2 is producing low frame rates? - Partially. The game engine could be better optimized to produce higher FPS in general, even on slower systems. But if you get a faster system you will automatically have higher FPS, and while your team mates might be complaining about lag, you might not experience any.

@Carnius Magius.8091 said:

FPS for a game is not the same as the frame rate a video card sends to a monitor. Of course a120 fps monitor will display GW2 at 20 fps if that is all Anet is capable of sending at the moment. That's why players complain about lag.I usually never use that term but here I have to: LOL!

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. ANet does not send fps to you. They send data packages that update how the environment around you behaves but not how good the game runs. These are completely different things.

@topic:If the OP plays the game maxxed out, then 20 fps in zerg fights and crowded places in lions arch are what you can expect from that 3600X.