Reaper damage?

Bast.7253

So what happened to that balance patch awhile back that reduced power damage coefficients?

Ya'll forget reaper? Or is it just the 501 traits buffing ferocity and raw damage output that negates the entire point of that patch?

Getting really tired of having 2+ reapers every match.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are tons of builds with defense mechanics that reduce the reaper shroud auto attacks (where most of the damage comes from) to pathetic triple-digit numbers. You need 3 or 4 whole auto attack rotations to kill them, if (!) they don't dodge, evade, block, disengage...

How long do you think facetanking reaper shroud should not be punished until you consider the spec balanced?

@"KrHome.1920" said:There are tons of builds with defense mechanics that reduce the reaper shroud auto attacks (where most of the damage comes from) to pathetic triple-digit numbers. You need 3 or 4 whole auto attack rotations to kill them, if (!) they don't dodge, evade, block, disengage...

How long do you think facetanking reaper shroud should not be punished until you consider the spec balanced?

Nailed it. 99% of complaints about Necros in general boil down to "I can't facetank this DUELING CLASS and refuse to change my playstyle to deal with it, despite them having garbage mobility and almost no stunbreaks on many builds" or "condi classes are too stronk." Then they get livid when the actual answer to their problem is to get better at the game.

@Brimstone Jack.3462 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:There are tons of builds with defense mechanics that reduce the reaper shroud auto attacks (where most of the damage comes from) to pathetic triple-digit numbers. You need 3 or 4 whole auto attack rotations to kill them, if (!) they don't dodge, evade, block, disengage...

Nailed it. 99% of complaints about Necros in general boil down to "I can't facetank this DUELING CLASS and refuse to change my playstyle to deal with it, despite them having garbage mobility and almost no stunbreaks on many builds" or "condi classes are too stronk." Then they get livid when the actual answer to their problem is to get better at the game.

And yet I seen necro players complaining about other professions/specs....why is this community all about :"my class is balanced yours is OP"?

@Brimstone Jack.3462reaper is not a dueling class.as to the OPReaper used to have busted damage pre patch, problem was that their survivability was lacking so they had problems landing the damage.After feb patch dmg went down, but their damage was so over the top that it didnt matter. but their survivability stayed the same so its easier to land the hits.

@Supreme.3164 said:

And yet I seen necro players complaining about other professions/specs....why is this community all about :"my class is balanced yours is OP"?

That's fair enough, though I typically don't do it. I'm a necro main and I don't need to drag any other class or spec to explain why. :) People also tend to forget that the meta is built around top-tier gameplay. Not silver and gold.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Brimstone Jack.3462reaper is not a dueling class.as to the OPReaper used to have busted damage pre patch, problem was that their survivability was lacking so they had problems landing the damage.After feb patch dmg went down, but their damage was so over the top that it didnt matter. but their survivability stayed the same so its easier to land the hits.

Reaper is a duelist it can 1v1 like thief mate

@Brimstone Jack.3462 said:

Reaper and Necro in general have decent mobility nowadays. While they don't have thief movement ability, they have multiple shadowsteps/ports that function in getting them in and out of fights. So that isn't a valid reason for reaper to be as dominating as it currently is. A button mash class that is taking full advantage of spin 2 win at the moment.

@darren.1064 said:

Reaper and Necro in general have decent mobility nowadays. While they don't have thief movement ability, they have multiple shadowsteps/ports that function in getting them in and out of fights. So that isn't a valid reason for reaper to be as dominating as it currently is. A button mash class that is taking full advantage of spin 2 win at the moment.

Again, that's only really valid at low tiers. They don't balance around low tiers for very obvious reasons.

@wevh.2903 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Brimstone Jack.3462reaper is not a dueling class.as to the OPReaper used to have busted damage pre patch, problem was that their survivability was lacking so they had problems landing the damage.After feb patch dmg went down, but their damage was so over the top that it didnt matter. but their survivability stayed the same so its easier to land the hits.

Reaper is a duelist it can 1v1 like thief mateIt can duel Condi thief cause it has dipped into a whole fucking traitline for sustain and cleansing for fucking teamfights and thief can always fucking leave and not die, it can't however duel any power thief build.The current meta build reaper damage is mediocre, 6k death spiral man the bread and butter spin to win skill, the basic attack does 1k 1.5k 2.5k on heavy armor.You can run the full damage build, but like all other full damage builds it ends up sucking dirt and you have to be pealed off the ground. Lich 1 1 1 is busted and it would be better if the damage was spread in all its skills(and also them not sucking functionally will be good too) but meh 150 second cd that can be countered by projectile hate.Also for some reason everyone is running dumb bunkarish builds and don't know how to do damage, all i see is people waiting to be carried.For example how bad the majority of players are, i get top damage and kills on a druid.

@"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:They don't balance around low tiers for very obvious reasons.

Out of curiosity, what percentage of players do they balance the game around? The top 25%? Is it higher or lower? In theory you should have fewer great players than average or low. So things are probably "balanced" for the minority of players. Honestly, that is fine for ranked play.

However, things should be somewhat balanced around the majority for unranked. Unfortunately, this would require to much effort. But would it be reasonable to add modifiers to unranked that helps level the playing field in regards to damage received and crowd control duration. Basically slow the pace down slightly in order for people to have a chance at learning with the understanding that the game is harder in ranked. Getting chain crit for 3k-6k to die in the span of seconds isn't encouraging to new/learning players. Adding some training wheels might help boost the participation/retention of those players. (if these type of modifiers already exist for unranked, then they are poorly tuned)

@darren.1064 said:

They also have swiftness on shroud, which with speed runes gives 66% movement speed, spectral grasp to pull people in, an ever increasing blind field, poison for some reason on shroud 4 (which seems like it should require traiting for and specifically going condi but for some reason they just want to add conditions to every ability in this game even for power builds), protection, stability, regen. I don't even know what traits these reapers are running but popping into shroud at the slightest pressure and gaining stability, swiftness, protection, regen, AND quickness pretty much negates any counterplay they used to have. Unless they're getting focused by multiple people or going up against something with a cc heavy build. Add that to movement-impairing effects being removed means no cripple or immob is going to slow them down and they'll just consume conditions after exiting shroud to gain life force to rinse and repeat.

I just think the damage needs to be toned down. They already have multiple self-sustain boons, an extra health bar, aoe fear, a blinding well, poison stacks to negate healing, quickness on auto attack, insane ferocity boosts, higher crit chance in shroud, and multiple damage modifiers baked into many of their traits.

Not saying they're the worst offender or that they can't be countered, just that the don't have the trade-offs that they used to for the damage they put out.

The issue with reaper damage is perma quickness(How did they get past the feb patch?) and spinal shivers doing 9.1k dmg to light armor while being a ranged zero tell attack.

Reapers damage is so high it can 1v1 more duelists off node, actually. It's the same as holosmith(which it hard counters 1v1).

Reapers damage is so high it can 1v1 most duelists off node, actually.

@Vancho.8750 said:everyone is running dumb bunkarish builds and don't know how to do damage, all i see is people waiting to be carried.For example how bad the majority of players are, i get top damage and kills on a druid.

Because you need zero mechanical skill, zero map awareness, and zero knowledge of the game mode to get gold3 on a bunker build. Since there isn't enough people playing, as far as the matchmaker is concerned gold3 is the same as top10.

Funny, I've stopped playing my power Reaper in PvP because of how poor this class is in terms of survivability, low dmg and how easily it could be kited. I enjoy condi Scourge atm. At least i can do some dmg + team support and Survivability is better.When i see a GS reaper i just laugh. Try to hit some non AFK player with your Greatsword lol. You go Reaper Shroud? Np, i just run away from you or invisibility on my Thief and Mesmer.Not sure why professions with the highest health pools in the game such as Warrior and Necromancer are performing so poorly in PvP, while professions with lowest health pools: thief, ele, guardian are unstoppable.

@Bast.7253 said:

They also have swiftness on shroud, which with speed runes gives 66% movement speed, spectral grasp to pull people in, an ever increasing blind field, poison for some reason on shroud 4 (which seems like it should require traiting for and specifically going condi but for some reason they just want to add conditions to every ability in this game even for power builds), protection, stability, regen. I don't even know what traits these reapers are running but popping into shroud at the slightest pressure and gaining stability, swiftness, protection, regen, AND quickness pretty much negates any counterplay they used to have. Unless they're getting focused by multiple people or going up against something with a cc heavy build. Add that to movement-impairing effects being removed means no cripple or immob is going to slow them down and they'll just consume conditions after exiting shroud to gain life force to rinse and repeat.

I just think the damage needs to be toned down. They already have multiple self-sustain boons, an extra health bar, aoe fear, a blinding well, poison stacks to negate healing, quickness on auto attack, insane ferocity boosts, higher crit chance in shroud, and multiple damage modifiers baked into many of their traits.

Not saying they're the worst offender or that they can't be countered, just that the don't have the trade-offs that they used to for the damage they put out.

You mixed all traits and slot skills into one build but it's ok KEKW.

• Swiftness on shroud is viable only if u don't play staff and gs is much more skilled than staff to use.
  • Spectral grasp is used by 0.0001& of reapers since u need spectral walk and wurm for sure.
  • Poison on shroud 4 is kitten compared to holo poison grenade
  • Protection only if u play without the trait giving u 33% crit chance and 300 ferocity. (obviously this trait is a must)
  • Stability only on shroud 3 with a long cd and it's the only stability u can get as a reaper.
  • Regen you really don't get it when u go shroud.
  • Again you remove impairing skill only when entering shroud and u need to scrifice the marks trait so you just need to apply cripple/immob when he's in shroud.
  • Exiting shroud consume 3 conditions, but that trait makes u pull also 5 conditions from ally to yourself.

Basically you wrote wrong things and that explain why you can't play against a reaper, you don't know what they do :)

@"Jasonbdj.4021" said:Reaper -

• Can easily be CC'd.
  • Can not facetank same as a core nerco.
  • Has no evades.
  • Slow.
  • Not so great at range.

"can easily be CC'ed" -> has 3 utilities to remove CC, shroud and lich form grant stability."can not facetank same as core necro" -> mostly wrong, reaper shroud prevents damage same as core shroud, it just decays faster."has no evades" -> true other then then 2 basic ones everyone has."slow" -> wrong, along with spectral walk, worm port, reaper dash and perma swiftness with potential for rune of speed reaper is not slow at all."not so great at range" -> lich is 1200 range aoe denial, staff skills have over 1300 actual range, actually all reaper skills other then shroud are at least medium to long range, then can fight people at range, but they cant make use of reaper shroud unless they get in range.