Queensdale Academy Outfit—Where’s my skirt?

I 10/10 thought this would be a question about why the guys don't get the skirt to which I would have said YEAH, GIMME.

And I know it'd be more work for the devs, but I wish they'd either stop designing outfits radically different per gender or let both genders wear both variants as they please. Ammunition for the fashion war.

For charr, it's a culture thing. It's not just 'males and females are equal', it's 'treating males and females different is what the bad guys do'. Armor and outfits that are different for the two genders should be the exception and not the rule for them.

For asura, I think it's more of a case of 'This is different. Meh, who cares, I've got more important things to do'. So it's more hit and miss with them.

Not only is it lorebreaking, as mentioned above, but just... ew. Female charr are not meant to look "cute kawaii kitty fru fru"... they look gross and unsettling when people abuse the sliders to make them that way. They're meant to be demonic bloodthirsty WAR cats. Even the most feminine female charr should still be sleek and strong... not something from Barbie dress-up. Cute little skirts do not belong on war cats... except maybe as a joke.My vote is to go with lore and good aesthetics and keep 99% of outfits gender-neutral on charr. There have been some cases where the "girl" version of something looks okay on female charr (Bandit Sniper Outfit, Imperial Outfit, Ritualist Outfit, Braham's outfit) and sadly, other cases where it looks horrid (Exemplar Attire, Fancy Winter Outfit). Generally the cases where it's okay are cases where the "girl" outfit looks sleek or tribal... but get into poofy dresses, cute skirts, and overtly "sexy" attire and it's gonna look awful.

@"Palador.2170" said:For charr, it's a culture thing. It's not just 'males and females are equal', it's 'treating males and females different is what the bad guys do'. Armor and outfits that are different for the two genders should be the exception and not the rule for them.

For asura, I think it's more of a case of 'This is different. Meh, who cares, I've got more important things to do'. So it's more hit and miss with them.

There have been a few dresses and feminine variants of outfits for female charr which can be easily viewed in the Wiki here. Ancestral Outfit, Braham's Wolfblood Outfit, Exemplar Attire Outfit, Fancy Winter Outfit, Hexed Outfit, Imperial Outfit, Ritualist Outfit, Wedding Attire, Witch's Outfit

Charr have spread out across Tyria, mingling with the other races. It stands to reason that they've explored the cultural fashion practices of the other races for their own enjoyment. It's plausible and the point of outfits was to help people explore their characters and their creativity.

Truthfully developers have been inconsistent when it comes to giving asura and charr the feminine versions of the outfits which makes it difficult to tell why. However, the fan base seems polarized when it comes to what they want as well. You have those who are offended by the concept of feminine human-like clothing for charr, and those who main charr and feel like they've been denied an option they should have.

I myself am confused about the inconsistency and was a little disappointed by the lack of skirt in the female charr version while the female asura got it.

@"Weindrasi.3805" said:Not only is it lorebreaking, as mentioned above, but just... ew. Female charr are not meant to look "cute kawaii kitty fru fru"... they look gross and unsettling when people abuse the sliders to make them that way. They're meant to be demonic bloodthirsty WAR cats. Even the most feminine female charr should still be sleek and strong... not something from Barbie dress-up. Cute little skirts do not belong on war cats... except maybe as a joke.My vote is to go with lore and good aesthetics and keep 99% of outfits gender-neutral on charr. There have been some cases where the "girl" version of something looks okay on female charr (Bandit Sniper Outfit, Imperial Outfit, Ritualist Outfit, Braham's outfit) and sadly, other cases where it looks horrid (Exemplar Attire, Fancy Winter Outfit). Generally the cases where it's okay are cases where the "girl" outfit looks sleek or tribal... but get into poofy dresses, cute skirts, and overtly "sexy" attire and it's gonna look awful.

Eh i can just write a paragraph but i'm just gonna say "fashion have no boundaries and ain't gonna be restricted by someone's "lore" "

@"Weindrasi.3805" said:Not only is it lorebreaking, as mentioned above, but just... ew. Female charr are not meant to look "cute kawaii kitty fru fru"... they look gross and unsettling when people abuse the sliders to make them that way. They're meant to be demonic bloodthirsty WAR cats. Even the most feminine female charr should still be sleek and strong... not something from Barbie dress-up. Cute little skirts do not belong on war cats... except maybe as a joke.

Because any charr wearing school clothes meant specifically for a "Queensdale academy" is any more or less lore breaking wether or not its the male or female version.This is horrible from that perspective either way.