Kalla has a special interaction with her statue, yet glint doesn't have one at all?

Thornwolf.9721

1. Kalla if you walk up while channeling her will talk about her statue? Glint doesn't have one at all with her lair or anything else, and I think she should considering if you're a herald going to esentially the scene of her demise Id figure she'd say something. Or heck what about in tarir or even when maybe around aurene? I dont know its a nice touch. A cool easter egg and its a shame glint doesn't share that trait.
  2. when we go to cantha, shiro should have one if we go near the palace or the harvest temple?
  3. Jalis should have one in thunderhead.
  4. Mallyx should have one at the gateway to the mists, where in the story you go to kormir. Or maybe in kormirs library....
  5. Ventari should have one near his tablet in the grove.....

Id hope too that guild wars 2's next legend would have special interactions or something cool hidden somewhere. I like that they feel alive and almost connected to you as if you're more than just some guy wondering, that you are indeed channeling them and they partially see what you see. You are their embodiment and it really adds to the class fantasy... even if its small. I like it with Kalla I'd like to see it with the others. Please?

@"Fueki.4753" said:Kalla shouldn't have that interaction either.Revenants should just channel the memories of the Mists, not conscious personalities.

Well see the mists are concious, they are part of those people. It's not necessarily the dead kalla but a memory of her but its sentient and sometimes people become so prominent and powerful they transcend the normal status quo of a soul and become either a "mist walker" or a "Mist being". The Six gods are mist beings but being born within the mists they are an extension of it, hence why you cant channel them without being granted their blessing (dervish) and why we cant have a balth or so legend. When they die they return the mists but beings like Kalla have become akin to the closest a mortal can come to being on the level of the six.

So them seeing through you and being part of you while being channeled isn't bad and its interesting, it adds a layer to an otherwise luke-warm clone of the WoW demon-hunter from aesthetic down to move-set. However Kalla even has interactions with specific weapons in game that if you have she will comment on, she talks about the statue and you as a person. She is as much a character as the commander she inhabits; And that is now somewhat of a problem because the others should have the same treatment. I like that these are more than just some BS excuse to have them there, these are those characters whom are in the mists... the shiro we channel is likely the shiro we purified in the bonus quest within the domain of anguish which is WHY he isn't hostile and has banter with us.

Mallyx is a demon from the mists, can be defeated but never dead and that means he is indeed somewhere in the mists. Hence why he says "you can't hold me forever" which is implying that while being channeled he is inactive and can't act upon his own but he is with us while we use his power. It also is interesting considering Rytlock is indeed the first revenant and talks about how the voices in his head, are constant. Glint taught him the ways of the revenant and he applied it to his martial prowess as a warrior, this means had rytlock been any other class the revenant likely would of taken that application and been different. So revenants are amped warriors tied to the mists, and with rytlocks power seeming to have only grown I ASSUME he has become a mist walker... as has the commander. (If a revenant, but maybe even if not since we did come back from the domain of the lost.)

So rather than kalla shouldn't have it, I Think they all should. It gives the class albeit a non-combat (unique when stood against its peers) goodie that rewards revenant players for exploring their surroundings. It also means they could be given insight into a situation, such as when we go to cantha Id love for shiro if you channel him at specific times to have something worth saying during exchanges and even maybe about the culture and region itself. Likely not to happen its interesting to think that a revenant has MORE knowledge about the world than those native too it, that they know more because beings beyond mortal comprehension (some who are only now in such a state) can shed light on things others may not know. For example... Glint might know more about jormag than we or aurene do and that would be interesting to have her comment on the situation, timing and the balance itself. It adds a whole new level to the narrative and you have to play this class, which adds replay-ability IF you haven't played it up until now. You might want to go back if you knew that there were interactions with area's of the world... such as the altar in the orr path discussing glints purification and liberation from kralk. Or during the final battle with kralk.

If the player is a herald during that final confrontation inside of kralk and even before, technically its mother, daughter and champion fighting together as one to overcome one of the franchises biggest antagonists. Glint SHOULD of had dialogue there, and again when we are in the mists or when in dragonfall glint SHOULD be more talkative as we are closer to her than likely anyone but rytlock has been since her death. Heck I want people to react to revenants (Otherworldly people, and creatures tied to the mists and beyond like kormir when we met her or the spirits of the wild.... as revenants are the newest kid on the block...)

Revenant is honestly one of guild wars 2's most unique classes, an exclusive class that along with messmer are different from what the norm is for MMO-rpg classes. Id like more flushing out and more nuance like this.... I honestly would like since I Feel they could be with messmer as well the poster children (Revenant technically is the poster child, with rytlock being our poster boy and our iconic character since launch.)

It’s unfortunate that Glint has the fewest lines given her importance to the overall story since GW1. She definitely needs more. Kalla by contrast has so many it’s crazy. Would be nice to have more interactions, though right now I’d just settle with them fixing goddamn revenant build templates that have been bugged for 10 months :/

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:It’s unfortunate that Glint has the fewest lines given her importance to the overall story since GW1. She definitely needs more. Kalla by contrast has so many it’s crazy. Would be nice to have more interactions, though right now I’d just settle with them fixing kitten revenant build templates that have been bugged for 10 months :/

I 100% agree, I think Revenant needs a lot of QoL changes and fixes. Seems like there are a lot of bugs (For example sword 3 not firing as it should, you'll activate it but it wont actually attack the target.)

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:It’s unfortunate that Glint has the fewest lines given her importance to the overall story since GW1. She definitely needs more. Kalla by contrast has so many it’s crazy. Would be nice to have more interactions, though right now I’d just settle with them fixing kitten revenant build templates that have been bugged for 10 months :/

I 100% agree, I think Revenant needs a lot of QoL changes and fixes. Seems like there are a lot of bugs (For example sword 3 not firing as it should, you'll activate it but it wont actually attack the target.)

Yeah that ones been in for almost two years now or longer. Seems to have gotten worse lately too. I’ve reported it probably 50+ times at this point but they clearly don’t care ??‍♂️ the lack of dev attention to class bugs is really bothersome. Especially when they keep breaking shit like the Coalescence of Ruin changes 11 months ago ?

• 2 weeks later...

@"DrukenReaps.6421" said:"adds a layer to an otherwise luke-warm clone of the WoW demon-hunter from aesthetic down to move-set. "

Heart of Thorns and Revenant came out before Demon Hunter, therefore Demon Hunter is the luke-warm clone :p

Demon Hunters exist since at least Warcraft 3, which came out in 2002, or it's expansion, which was released in 2003.They are far older than Revenants.

2002 would be correct technically but if we are using that then we could go further back in time to anything that is remotely similar to both classes. These are far from the first archetypes using the idea. If we are going to legitimately compare the two then it is only really worth comparing the WoW class available to players to Revenant.

@Einlanzer.1627 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:Kalla shouldn't have that interaction either.Revenants should just channel the memories of the Mists,
not
conscious personalities.

This is actually what they dropped the ball on.

But the mists are concious, They are those people? Depending on where they went some souls just are in the mists. (Only special cases go to specific realms, such as humans go to the realm of grenth I believe or their chosen god. And evil beings go to very "special" places) So Kalla is the kalla we knew, but she is also what the mists saw her as due to what she had done. Which means she herself is both the same but more than she was before~

In S4 glint is actively in the mists, fighting kralk when he gets in there? Eir and Snaff return to give us some well needed words of wisdom and encouragement. So ... What they dropped the ball on was the lack of interactions with everyone BUT kalla.

@DrukenReaps.6421 said:"adds a layer to an otherwise luke-warm clone of the WoW demon-hunter from aesthetic down to move-set. "

Heart of Thorns and Revenant came out before Demon Hunter, therefore Demon Hunter is the luke-warm clone :p

@Fueki.4753 said:

@DrukenReaps.6421 said:"adds a layer to an otherwise luke-warm clone of the WoW demon-hunter from aesthetic down to move-set. "

Demon Hunters exist since at least Warcraft 3, which came out in 2002, or it's expansion, which was released in 2003.They are far older than Revenants.

@DrukenReaps.6421 said:2002 would be correct technically but if we are using that then we could go further back in time to anything that is remotely similar to both classes. These are far from the first archetypes using the idea. If we are going to legitimately compare the two then it is only really worth comparing the WoW class available to players to Revenant.

I mean Say what you will about who copied who, I do think Rev was designed around the demon hunter. At least aesthetically. But demon hunter in my opinion is a better class all around and does what its intended to do well while revenant honestly as much as I love it is a clown. Doesn't know what it wants to be, and they dont know what they want it to be so they slap stuff on and if it sticks ; Then it sticks. Ontop of that Id say demon hunters were better received and handled, as well balanced as blizzard ensured they'd not get gutted.... meanwhile here? Rev feels like a husk of what it once was. Which is a shame because as far as classes go Rev and messmer are guild wars unique classes, all the others in some form show up in other games almost identical to their tyria counter part. Those two stand out as unique at least when compared with competition; Despite the references and similarities Rev is more than a Demon hunter baby.... however it was... I should say. It's A-nets fault for pushing it into that direction while not giving it the proper love it needs/needed.

• 3 months later...

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@"DrukenReaps.6421" said:"adds a layer to an otherwise luke-warm clone of the WoW demon-hunter from aesthetic down to move-set. "

@"DrukenReaps.6421" said:2002 would be correct technically but if we are using that then we could go further back in time to anything that is remotely similar to both classes. These are far from the first archetypes using the idea. If we are going to legitimately compare the two then it is only really worth comparing the WoW class available to players to Revenant.

I mean Say what you will about who copied who, I do think Rev was designed around the demon hunter. At least aesthetically. But demon hunter in my opinion is a better class all around and does what its intended to do well while revenant honestly as much as I love it is a clown. Doesn't know what it wants to be, and they dont know what they want it to be so they slap stuff on and if it sticks ; Then it sticks. Ontop of that Id say demon hunters were better received and handled, as well balanced as blizzard ensured they'd not get gutted.... meanwhile here? Rev feels like a husk of what it once was. Which is a shame because as far as classes go Rev and messmer are guild wars unique classes, all the others in some form show up in other games almost identical to their tyria counter part. Those two stand out as unique at least when compared with competition; Despite the references and similarities Rev is more than a Demon hunter baby.... however it was... I should say. It's A-nets fault for pushing it into that direction while not giving it the proper love it needs/needed.

Are you serious. I'd have to say, if all you know of character classes come from WoW, than you might have a very limited view of the fantasy genre. Revenant embodies a lot of class archetypes, just like every other profession. I'd say each Specialization, Core and Elite, would have been a class archetype from an traditional table top rpg or fantasy novel. For them to manage, squeeze them together, and tie them into one themed profession, I think ANet has done a great job with and changed the idea of how people would now perceive those archetypes. Now when I see an Acrobat or a Ninja in an RPG, I think, "that's a type of thief", because GW2, where before, they stood alone. So when you look at revenant, just know that class represents so many class archetypes that are similar, that fit under the theme of mystical possession. You have the demon, the evil spirit, the ancient relic, and the renowned warrior. You also have themes of mysticism, dimensional rifts, otherworldly abilities, and ghostly powers. The elites add the Dragon Knight and Commune and summon ancient spirit warriors.

• 3 weeks later...

@Einlanzer.1627 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:Kalla shouldn't have that interaction either.Revenants should just channel the memories of the Mists,
not
conscious personalities.

This is actually what they dropped the ball on.

100% agree, the legends shouldn't even speak imo.

Also, should have used Varesh Ossa instead of Mallyx, and Vissh Rakissh instead of Glint. Channeling overpowered entities feels weird considering the rest of the legends aren't that overpowered in lore.

@"Lonami.2987" said:Also, should have used Varesh Ossa instead of Mallyx, and Vissh Rakissh instead of Glint. Channeling overpowered entities feels weird considering the rest of the legends aren't that overpowered in lore.

So far, all core Legends are male and all elite Legends are female, so I think Mallyx fits better.Also, Glint makes sense as the Herald elite specialization is based on Rytlock and his connection to her.

in HoT, Revenant was a fan service profession, primarily used as a throw back to (somewhat) prominent GW1 figures.Vissh Rakissh was just a quest giver without big meaning, so he wouldn't make much sense.