Sunqua final boss easier in cm!?

Clyan.1593

Yeah, ill probably get some hate for this, but imo the final boss on cm has like... no mechanics except for these 2 or 3 spirits that appear. Compared to the normal mode it's much much easier.

For example, the fire phase in normal mode drops huge meteors onto 2 players, so that alone forces you to coordinate. Plus you have to get behind a rock. Cm doesnt have that.Or the last phase where the boss would cast big water orbs everywhere - purple laser hitbox in cm is nothing in comparison.Or the super confusing blue glue thingy you have to get in while the floor is littered with water lines. Cm doesnt have that combo either (yes the spirit of grief but no water lines or anything similar).

All that cm does is increase the aoe on players, so you have to run away further apart from each other. A laser show, thats basically it. Its also 1000 times easier to understand whats going on in cm, because in normal once again the final boss is just a bunch of effects cluttered all over your screen.

(Beside that i love the level architecture)

@"Krzysztof.5973" said:Sunqua CM is ANet's definition of "hardcore endgame". If you think it's too easy you are just not the target audience for this game. GW2 endgame difficulty compared to other MMOs is just laughable. But again, it's this way by design not unbalance.

You miss the point: sunqua cm is easier than normal.

@Clyan.1593 said:

@"Krzysztof.5973" said:Sunqua CM is ANet's definition of "hardcore endgame". If you think it's too easy you are just not the target audience for this game. GW2 endgame difficulty compared to other MMOs is just laughable. But again, it's this way by design not unbalance.

Which is all the endgame is about. Nobody who runs T4+CMs daily will run it on normal. It's the CM that will be played the most in couple of weeks. Therefore it's the default difficulty for this fractal. Aside from that, I'm sure we will find couple of people in the upcoming days that would disagree with you that's it's easier.

@Krzysztof.5973 said:

@Krzysztof.5973 said:Sunqua CM is ANet's definition of "hardcore endgame". If you think it's too easy you are just not the target audience for this game. GW2 endgame difficulty compared to other MMOs is just laughable. But again, it's this way by design not unbalance.

Which is all the endgame is about.

It isn't tho. All other cms make the encounters harder. Especially in fractals. 98 and 99 cm have increased difficulty by adding additional mechanics.New fractal 100 is the other way around. It removes a lot of mechs and therefor is easier.

@Grimjack.8130 said:no its not lmao

I gave good reasons for why it's easier, so would you pls elaborate on why I am wrong? How is this CM harder than normal when it lacks all the basic mechanics and doesn't add any new ones?

@Clyan.1593 said:

@Krzysztof.5973 said:Which is all the endgame is about.

It isn't tho. All other cms make the encounters harder. Especially in fractals. 98 and 99 cm have increased difficulty by adding additional mechanics.New fractal 100 is the other way around. It removes a lot of mechs and therefor is easier.

You mean CMs from 3 years ago? The game has changed with release of PoF. There was a shift in difficulty because of how HoT was received.

I'm guessing you joined an LFG late where people wiped and left for just Phase 2 of the fight?

CM is the normal mode fight but harder, and then that whole second phase that you describe after the boss is defeated as basically a super juiced up cinematic Ensolyss finish.

The Fire phase etc. is all there in CM, way juiced up.

@"Asum.4960" said:I'm guessing you joined an LFG late where people wiped and left for just Phase 2 of the fight?

CM is the normal mode fight but harder, and then that whole second phase that you describe after the boss is defeated as basically a super juiced up cinematic Ensolyss finish.

The Fire phase etc. is all there in CM, way juiced up.

I did both phases, but with 2 different groups I joined. I didn't know these phases are connected to each other, one dude just told me that the second phase (which I presumed was the CM) starts automatically. So I got trolled by him.I get it now:So on CM u have 2 phases, the first one plays like the normal boss fight, but juiced up and the second phase is where it gets dark and the purple laser show starts. The normal run is just the boss without the dark part and less stuff thrown at you.

I apologize then. I got home real late yesterday and didn't have the time to examine the fractal too much. I simply wanted to see the CM. I didn't know that the bright and dark phase belong together. As I understand now, I didn't even play the boss on normal mode. The one group advertising a normal run in fact did the CM's first phase.

EDIT: To be more clear: I joined a CM group and went straight into the dark phase fight. After that I joined another group advertising a normal boss run, which actually was another CM, but the first phase. This explains why after the boss "died" the dark phase automatically started. I guess that one player there was trolling all the others, because he was talking about it as if cm was not even activated.

@Clyan.1593 said:I get it now:So on CM u have 2 phases, the first one plays like the normal boss fight, but juiced up and the second phase is where it gets dark and the purple laser show starts. The normal run is just the boss without the dark part and less stuff thrown at you.

I apologize then.

You got it, no worries.

@Clyan.1593 said:I got home real late yesterday and didn't have the time to examine the fractal too much. I simply wanted to see the CM. I didn't know that the bright and dark phase belong together. As I understand now, I didn't even play the boss on normal mode. The one group advertising a normal run in fact did the CM's first phase.

EDIT: To be more clear: I joined a CM group and went straight into the dark phase fight. After that I joined another group advertising a normal boss run, which actually was another CM, but the first phase. This explains why after the boss "died" the dark phase automatically started. I guess that one player there was trolling all the others, because he was talking about it as if cm was not even activated.

Yea, after Phase 1, while it starts Phase 2 automatically, there is a checkpoint from which you can retry/lfg new people in for a relatively "easy" kill, at least compared to Phase 1. I can see how that could be confusing, especially given the circumstances.

The problem i have with this fight is that it can still get cheesed a lot with high dps. Means skipping of entire phases if you burst her fast enough to invuln states. Other than that its fine. Probably just needs a few days but it will probably die just as fast if not faster than arkk or ensyloss in the future.

The fight is easier than arc.

Just finished it with a PUG 98/99CM group and a few tries. 2 people had experience (I was not one of them, on renegade my weakest class and today is NPNG, so I had my hands full), the rest of us winged it.

Once people figure when to cc to get a better damage uptime this fight will be broken down just like arc. It's just a few burst phases tbh.

Fun fight though, I did enjoy it.