No balance patch

Shiyo.3578

There was a thread in the pve section just asking what happened to the promised balance cadence back from the start of the year that never happened and that thread was just removed. It wasn't even aggressive or anything, just asking what had happened to that plan. So much for interacting with us. Guess I shouldn't have expected anything different.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Tayga.3192" said:I can't believe people actually expected a pvp patch.

Anet NEVER does a balance patch in a big pve release.

Why do people keep saying this? Last living story release came with a big balance patch.

A "big balance patch" consists of 11 skill changes to you? Alrighty then, shows the level of mediocrity that pvp players have accepted from Anet these days.

Yeah, they probably shifted the whole 3 devs they had working on pvp to help iterate on the elite specs coming with the expansion. Honestly if it speeds it up I don't even care at this point.

At least we'll have brand new elite specs and people will be too busy trying them out finding new things that are broken and never getting attention. A change of gameplay would be welcome at this point.

I'm hoping the next necro spec is strictly single-target power damage without excessive aoe.

Or another zoo necro build using skeletons and Shiro'ken. That way I can continue laughing as my minions play the game for me.

Its likely all hands outside of those working on Living world are in on the expansion. The expansion was NOT planned and they clearly demonstrated that when the Saga was announced; Likely the saga was NOT having the expected outcome and much like S2 and HoT it became a "We need an expansion... NOW!" moment and so what we have is what we will be stuck with.... Just be glad there isn't the same kind of "content" drought between now and then as there was when HoT was oncoming.

Because that... that was hell.

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Its likely all hands outside of those working on Living world are in on the expansion. The expansion was NOT planned and they clearly demonstrated that when the Saga was announced; Likely the saga was NOT having the expected outcome and much like S2 and HoT it became a "We need an expansion... NOW!" moment and so what we have is what we will be stuck with.... Just be glad there isn't the same kind of "content" drought between now and then as there was when HoT was oncoming.

Almost like people told them we need expacs but for some reason Anet thinks 3rd times the charm and LS , which generates literally zero sales revenue, is good for them and good for players. lol

We'll be in this EXACT same situation after cantha where they'll pretend LS can replace expacs again and then they'll rush to make another expac.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Its likely all hands outside of those working on Living world are in on the expansion. The expansion was NOT planned and they clearly demonstrated that when the Saga was announced; Likely the saga was NOT having the expected outcome and much like S2 and HoT it became a "We need an expansion... NOW!" moment and so what we have is what we will be stuck with.... Just be glad there isn't the same kind of "content" drought between now and then as there was when HoT was oncoming.

Almost like people told them we need expacs but for some reason Anet thinks 3rd times the charm and LS , which generates literally zero sales revenue, is good for them and good for players. lol

We'll be in this EXACT same situation after cantha where they'll pretend LS can replace expacs again and then they'll rush to make another expac.

I thought it was pretty funny honestly when living world was announced through the saga; I said literally too my family. (My parents, brother, I and many others in my family all play and have since Gw1) "This didn't work and never has worked... I dont know why they want to die on this hill." And the reality is I honestly dead-set beleive they just DONT want to work on this game anymore. Or this IP I fully believe the intention was to end things in S4 with aurene ascending and either GW3 announcement at some point or a new IP.

Expansion > Living world, Too my Living world is like the content patches between expansions in WoW. It continues to the story and adds some new stuff to saitiate players while you craft a expansion that is WELL MADE. But it seems that history repeats itself and well, thats how these specific developers think and I believe honestly that might be changing due to them now being under the thumb of NCsoft-west. I mean look at all the content that has sat around for years, unused that is suddenly being finished and pushed out to hold us over. (This fratal was one from a long time ago, just repurposed. The norn shaman armor was here for a long time, The school outfit had an original version that never saw the light of day.)

I dont want you or I to be right.... I hope they learn. But.... well... here we are so I can't disprove your point. Also lmfao the balance attempt in feb? Will be irrelevant with cantha comes out and brings back the power creep... which will be even more felt due to everything else being weaker by a wide margin in comparison. (Unless they don't do E-specs and just stick to masteries/maps which would just kill the expansion for me.)

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Its likely all hands outside of those working on Living world are in on the expansion. The expansion was NOT planned and they clearly demonstrated that when the Saga was announced; Likely the saga was NOT having the expected outcome and much like S2 and HoT it became a "We need an expansion... NOW!" moment and so what we have is what we will be stuck with.... Just be glad there isn't the same kind of "content" drought between now and then as there was when HoT was oncoming.

I dont want you or I to be right.... I hope they learn. But.... well... here we are so I can't disprove your point. Also lmfao the balance attempt in feb? Will be irrelevant with cantha comes out and brings back the power creep... which will be even more felt due to everything else being weaker by a wide margin in comparison. (Unless they don't do E-specs and just stick to masteries/maps which would just kill the expansion for me.)

They had to get the A-OK from NCSoft to stop making expacs, too. Just...what?

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:Its likely all hands outside of those working on Living world are in on the expansion. The expansion was NOT planned and they clearly demonstrated that when the Saga was announced; Likely the saga was NOT having the expected outcome and much like S2 and HoT it became a "We need an expansion... NOW!" moment and so what we have is what we will be stuck with.... Just be glad there isn't the same kind of "content" drought between now and then as there was when HoT was oncoming.

I mean Im not sure they got the OK from NC-soft. I remember either before or After HoT guild wars 2 and A-net moved from being directly under NCsoft to them being more free to do what they want. I dont want to say self-publishing but they are as it is less under the control of NCsoft and that is exactly when things began to spiral out of control, because as much of a lead dev as Mo and Mike-Z were I feel like they were really bad at actually driving their company and working as the boss. They seemed to be more hands on and less, well CEO/Lead of a project who mediates things. You can see this in the direction the game took as its been all over the place~

I find it funny that both MO, Mike Z and even Collin from guild wars 2's birth hated the idea of expansions and thought Living world could carry the day. All of the cases when they tried to move away from expansions, living world failed and it failed hard. It can't meet expansions even half-way with the reception and content and as it stands I feel like living world is just a content phase of patches to tide us over until next expansion. It works will in tandem with an expansion, it does not replace the expansion once so ever. (I've never once been excited for living world. But expansions? Hecc'n yea!)

@Tayga.3192 said:I can't believe people actually expected a pvp patch.

Anet NEVER does a balance patch in a big pve release.

Actually their release schedule is a chaos. They used to drop traitline and whole class reworks mid-season, sometimes PvP and PvE content releases coincide, sometimes they get delviered separately, we were promised much much more changes to PvP beside the the initial damage nerfs, those did not came true either... with consistency like this, it's no wonder people have their expectations all over the place.

Although I have to admit, the consistency with which they update the gemstore is really impressive.

I actually think they were planning to do an expansion all along, but were hoping that we'd fall for the "oh the Saga is your new expansion" nonsense so they'd have a bit more time and goodwill to work on the real expansion. Since none of us seemed to take the bait, they probably rushed out an announcement and perhaps accelerated the timetable.

But either way, the way they went about things annoys me. If I'm right and they really were planning an xpac all along, it irks me that they thought we'd swallow the Saga as some sort of reasonable alternative to a real xpac. If others are right and they didn't plan on doing an xpac until the Saga blew up in their faces, then.... there are some serious competence issues at the studio.

Along those same lines, I think any player expecting that they'd make good on their new balance cadence fell victim to their own wishful thinking. Absolutely nothing we've seen so far from ANet indicated that they'd be able to keep that commitment.

imagine thinking that anet actually cared for it's player base that wanted to actually enjoy it's "pvp". They haven't done a single good thing at all within the last 2 years for this game mode so why do you guys continue to make these post that go unnoticed ?

They clearly don't listen nor care enough to make the effort as they claimed. Example following to this would be the fact that they literally haven't posted a single thing to inform anyone at all about whats the plan for the game mode lol or better yet a statement as to why they been radio silent for close to 6 months now for the game mode. If ya'll want to really see a change then leave the game and move onto something that would actually get some attention till they decide to make a difference for the community. Feeding into their lies over and over again is pretty depressing to see especially knowing that they do 1 solid balance patch and then go back to hiding.

PvP is dead, Monthly is Dead/Boring, Na hardly has Players, WvW in Na is dead, EU starting to die down and theirs absolutely zero tournaments worth even playing in for this game from what little the community puts up.

@"Ouk.5914" said:imagine thinking that anet actually cared for it's player base that wanted to actually enjoy it's "pvp". They haven't done a single good thing at all within the last 2 years for this game mode so why do you guys continue to make these post that go unnoticed ?

They clearly don't listen nor care enough to make the effort as they claimed. Example following to this would be the fact that they literally haven't posted a single thing to inform anyone at all about whats the plan for the game mode lol or better yet a statement as to why they been radio silent for close to 6 months now for the game mode. If ya'll want to really see a change then leave the game and move onto something that would actually get some attention till they decide to make a difference for the community. Feeding into their lies over and over again is pretty depressing to see especially knowing that they do 1 solid balance patch and then go back to hiding.

PvP is dead, Monthly is Dead/Boring, Na hardly has Players, WvW in Na is dead, EU starting to die down and theirs absolutely zero tournaments worth even playing in for this game from what little the community puts up.

Ahhhhhh........yup!

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

I mean Im not sure they got the OK from NC-soft. I remember either before or After HoT guild wars 2 and A-net moved from being directly under NCsoft to them being more free to do what they want. I dont want to say self-publishing but they are as it is less under the control of NCsoft and that is exactly when things began to spiral out of control, because as much of a lead dev as Mo and Mike-Z were I feel like they were really bad at actually driving their company and working as the boss. They seemed to be more hands on and less, well CEO/Lead of a project who mediates things. You can see this in the direction the game took as its been all over the place~

I find it funny that both MO, Mike Z and even Collin from guild wars 2's birth hated the idea of expansions and thought Living world could carry the day. All of the cases when they tried to move away from expansions, living world failed and it failed hard. It can't meet expansions even half-way with the reception and content and as it stands I feel like living world is just a content phase of patches to tide us over until next expansion. It works will in tandem with an expansion, it does not replace the expansion once so ever. (I've never once been excited for living world. But expansions? Hecc'n yea!)

Elite specs (or new weapons/utilities and so forth) are the new content. Everything else is secondary. 1 map (which for the last 3 years, has been more miss that hit) and ~1 hour of story (mostly miss here) are not content to keep players engaged for few hours, not 3 month. Even if it is "free" (only if you purchased PoF). I much rather pay for good content than get mediocre free content.

And sPvP balance patches means nothing now, considering that sPvP is currently a dumpster fire. A Feb 2020 balance patch is what need, and not by the current devs. They do not have the vision, the knowledge or even willing to put the effort, to make sPvP thrive.

@otto.5684 said:

Elite specs (or new weapons/utilities and so forth) are the new content. Everything else is secondary. 1 map (which for the last 3 years, has been more miss that hit) and ~1 hour of story (mostly miss here) are not content to keep players engaged for few hours, not 3 month. Even if it is "free" (only if you purchased PoF). I much rather pay for good content than get mediocre free content.

And sPvP balance patches means nothing now, considering that sPvP is currently a dumpster fire. A Feb 2020 balance patch is what need, and not by the current devs. They do not have the vision, the knowledge or even willing to put the effort, to make sPvP thrive.

Perhaps that was the point? Im beginning to think the intention was to put the final nails in the coffin so they could "Fractal" it.