Please rid us of Rytlock and Ryland by the end of this season!

Ashantara.8731

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:My vote is for the humans and the asuran to be removed. I don't like Jory or kas and Taimi and whats his name are annoying...omg RIGHT???I effing HATE What's his name... and the writers keep shoving him in our face!

If the writers don't get rid of What's his name soon, I'm going to go play ESO, I swear it.They may have That Guy, but at least he's not What's his name.

lmfao Its just I Can't remember what bug-boys name is, he was one of the two asuran from last living world. He just bugs me.

Gorrik

Yea that, kill that one.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:My vote is for the humans and the asuran to be removed. I don't like Jory or kas and Taimi and whats his name are annoying...omg RIGHT???I effing HATE What's his name... and the writers keep shoving him in our face!

If the writers don't get rid of What's his name soon, I'm going to go play ESO, I swear it.They may have That Guy, but at least he's not What's his name.

lmfao Its just I Can't remember what bug-boys name is, he was one of the two asuran from last living world. He just bugs me.

Gorrik

Yea that, kill that one.

Eh I don't really have a problem with him, he's mostly a side character and does fine as one. I do miss Blish though. I'm also firmly not in the "I don't like this character so they should die" camp, that just makes for bad story telling.

@Zok.4956 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:Taimi needs to go first. Don't care how. Just as long as its gone.No. Killing characters just because you are annoyed by them is pathetic.

Why not? We already did it with Trahearne. B)

I don't know if I'd consider the smiley as fitting, lol. The community's embarassing, toxic reaction of jealousy for Trahearne was disgusting. Maybe that's just me taking the internet (and/or video games) too serious, while at the same time telling people to stop doing that :sweat_smile: . I mean, I also had characters (elsewhere) I wished I could have pushed them down a cliff or so, but I'd love to believe not to this extend.

Love these "I hate xyz". This fantasy world is supposed to only revole around my desire threads.

I personally really like Rytlock. I dislike some of the other characters. My ego is not so big though to demand they get removed. Why? Because I'm sure someone else enjoys characters I do not.

How amazingly boring would this story would be if I loved every single character....

As much as I hate these constant "KILL THIS CHARACTER I DISLIKE" threads, because they are quite immature..I have to agree that Rytlock's post-HoT personality is just.. irritating. He's not the cool, casually-violent Rytlock from Vanilla, but a whingeybutt who complains more than he contributes, and that was before having his little-soldier's life threatened.

Though, overall, can we stop Human-izing the Charr? This entire IBS arc has seen shifts in their language and relationships that defies lore. Lots of Human swears. "Motherf-"? Really? They don't even use Mother and Father as terms that often.

@Finalfreefall.8247 said:Guild Wars 2 has had a problem of killing side characters by the dozens while the B-team remains invincible. Makes the story a little silly really. Having Jormag kill Rytlock, Taimi and... what the heck, let's throw Braham in there and that would solve most of Guild War's storytelling problems in one strike.

Excellent!! You forgot the Commander, Caithe, Rox and Logan. Without all of them, the story can be great again ! Zojja can do everything alone. Well, when she will return. If she will return.

• 1 month later...

I didn't like Trahearne in the main story. I think it was mostly a voice acting thing, with his weirdly even delivery no matter what he was saying. Ironically, his death changed made me appreciate him more.

As to Rytlock, I would not miss him at all if he left. His snarling undermines him, making him seem like a weak person trying to appear tough. I wanted to pop him in the nose every time he got annoyed with Rox for wanting to know what happened to him in the mists.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Most people on here don't care to read the OP, eh? I already explained twice that I did not say anything about killing either of them. :s

Maybe they just don't understand the idea of "getting rid of an NPC without killing them". It seems to be really difficult for some players...

@anninke.7469 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Most people on here don't care to read the OP, eh? I already explained
twice
that
I did not say anything about killing either of them
. :s

Maybe they just don't understand the idea of "getting rid of an NPC without killing them". It seems to be really difficult for some players...

Well, the primary means of removing characters in this game is through killing them off in a manner that tries to tug on the ol' heart strings so I'm not that surprised. :)

Anyway, I don't want Rytlock removed in any way. I like him.

@"TheOpethian.4329" said:Hey man, why are you talking kitten about the most alpha character in the entire game?

This is exactly why I'd love to see him go. He reads as a boy trying hard to do an impression of a manly warrior. Assuming I understand what you mean by "alpha".

Dude, Rytlock, you're having a pissing match again that no one else is having.

Now, if the story in season 5 (which I haven't started yet) reveals that Rytlock has deep insecurities that he's trying to cover with a thin layer of bravado that might be interesting. I did appreciate that Rox found some Charr who don't seem to be obsessed with defining themselves by how hard and how frequently they can beat their own chests.

@Gibson.4036 said:

@"TheOpethian.4329" said:Hey man, why are you talking kitten about the most alpha character in the entire game?

This is exactly why I'd love to see him go. He reads as a boy trying hard to do an impression of a manly warrior. Assuming I understand what you mean by "alpha".

Dude, Rytlock, you're having a pissing match again that no one else is having.

Now, if the story in season 5 (which I haven't started yet) reveals that Rytlock has deep insecurities that he's trying to cover with a thin layer of bravado that might be interesting. I did appreciate that Rox found some Charr who don't seem to be obsessed with defining themselves by how hard and how frequently they can beat their own chests.

Most people who act like that do have deep insecurities so, I understand where you're coming from. Frankly I am very behind on the story but I think he's a fresh of breath air. The whole "everyone on the good team is super duper nice and bubbly" is a trope I don't enjoy. If that makes sense.

@"TheOpethian.4329" said:

Most people who act like that do have deep insecurities so, I understand where you're coming from. Frankly I am very behind on the story but I think he's a fresh of breath air. The whole "everyone on the good team is super duper nice and bubbly" is a trope I don't enjoy. If that makes sense.

Totally makes sense. I enjoyed Canach for that reason.

To be fair, people are consistently missing the point that OP never asked for them to be killed, just removed from the story.

I just feel cheated by the Saga so far. It's been all about the Charr civil war and Rytlock's family drama, and the entire Norn people and the kitten SPIRITS OF THE WILD have been reduced to laughable sideshows. I was extremely excited when I realized I was going to get to talk to Wolf, and had a blast listening to the corrupted spirits roast Braham. But since then they've all been effectively silenced, and seem to have absolutely no narrative agency. Owl, the one spirit that stood against Jormag and paid the ultimate price for it, also seems like a wasted storytelling opportunity thus far.

All this just magnifies my indifference to the Rytlock/Crecia/Ryland nonsense. Sure, your cub is doing something dumb and might get killed. Guess what, a lot of people's cubs are out there doing dumb things and getting killed. If my character doesn't see Rytlock as a particularly close friend, I don't see why my character should find this drama at all compelling, and thus I, too, would appreciate not seeing them anymore.