No "kp" for CM fractals. Is that gonna increase toxicity?

Fir.7932

@Nitro.4732 said:new KP goes into wallet, KP is not gone, just requires API use to see. this will make people use discord more to verify peoples true KP from discord bots or websites / addons such as killproof.me and to be fair pinging Fake KP was a problem because of KP generators online. If anything this change will benefit genuine players more as they will not have to worry about people faking killproofs.

You're right, it's just not as comfortable to use second up to find a group for your game. Also I would find it kinda sad, if in game lfg feature would just not be reliable anymore. But time will tell I guess. It's just a pointless complication imho.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Oldyoung.6109 said:

@Oldyoung.6109 said:KP was never a indicator of skill it was and always will be just a tool for people to be discriminatory.

It gives an estimate on someone’s potential skill with whatever awarded that particular KP.

and it could always be bought spoofed or carried for.

True but the likelihood of running into someone that does that is low.

i suppose my real question is; why are people acting like fractals have been deleted because a system of discriminating based skill was removed even though it was totally inaccurate?

I mean. Judging by this post no1 is saying that fractals are being deleted. People are just mad/confused about this pointless complication to the lfg system, that most of the people, me including, just don't understand. For me personally I will still use old kp in lfg just asi everyone else, or I'll just use discord, but I hope new players will have some option to prove their experience right in lfg.

@Oldyoung.6109 said:

@Oldyoung.6109 said:KP was never a indicator of skill it was and always will be just a tool for people to be discriminatory.

It gives an estimate on someone’s potential skill with whatever awarded that particular KP.

and it could always be bought spoofed or carried for.

True but the likelihood of running into someone that does that is low.

i suppose my real question is; why are people acting like fractals have been deleted because a system of discriminating based skill was removed even though it was totally inaccurate?

People are not acting like fractals have been deleted, because what has been done is the same as removing the Anti-Cheat in any FPS game, discriminition toward cheater is fine in FPS, discrimination toward ruiner (because let's call a ruiner what it is) is also fine in fractal

The issue is about player coming to fractal being rejected because they can't share any cosmic essences as its no longer look by ark and there is no kp to replace old one in the new 100CMthe new essence thingy make no sence for several reasons:-excessive amout looted: 40 per cm done. 2nd day i have 160 of these so people ask need for new player to get16k of them to equilibrate for the old 400kp? how many bank slot wated to store weapon or infusiont that you have to ping to prove 16k?-its looted on all cm and so it doesn't mean as much as before as it could be someone getter them from daily farming only 98cm. so would make people ask for even more to make sure its not only looted on 98/99cm-who want bother installing another addon to check someone has 16k of that currecy when they can wait 2more min and have someone else that ping 400 of the old one?-title: no worries it will be sold for MC next week so it will be totally irrelevent

so yeah in the end this smart change does that:player that played fractal for a while: no change they had and still have their kp, they can ping them all fine for them.player that were working on learning fractal and improve their gameplay: they are now unable to access to higher group due to the lack of kp. stuck in their progression an most likely will give up on fractals as the majority of their group is fail after fail and having a good group here and there won't be enough to compensate the lack of progression nor give them the will to keep fractal as their dailysplayer that think kp are evil but want so badly to play with kp group: they still have no kp and still cannot enter kp group so no change here either

there were few ways to get it right or at least half right:-touch nothing (not perfect but no better options atm imo)-add new kp for the new cm (not perfect but no better options atm imo)-do as it was done but force old kps to convert and leave all with no kp (all equal but next lfg will be with mass kick as there is noway to estimate player level and so players that don't want to stuggle on their cm won't take more that 1 boss try before kicking and blocking players that don't fit, which is much worse imo)

Being beginer is fine at start but being stuck forever at low kp isn't my plan so I'll go back to raid and I'd advise to new fractal player to switch to raid as it is now way more accessible than fractal.if point was to reduce fractal accessibility well done!

@Raizel.1839 said:It should decrese toxicity since everyone will have a chance to prove their value.everyone had a chance, we could go train and get kp now you can train but no chance to prove you value ;) . But i agree it's easier to just call people toxic instead of joining/making a training group

So what's the Fractal KP replacement, how do you match yourself with people of a similar skill/knowledge level now?I hope Anet doesn't expect experienced people with limited time to be super accepting and do runs with newbies.With newbies I mean people who don't bother to look up the basics, expect to get carried, never even thought of joining an actual training run, often don't even communicate and just end up wiping the party time after time.

The new kp made me really sad and consider giving up on fractals alltogether, because of what some of you have already mentioned. I'm a person who plays gw2 for one year, have 26 kp, with no chance of obtaining more. But fractal veterans in lfg playing for x years are still going to ask for 100, 200+ kp that are now completely impossible for me to obtain, "thanks" to the new wallet currency. So either I will push my luck and try joining in 25+ kp groups forever, or just switch to raiding because I can't be bothered. I really like fractals a lot and wanted to improve, but this is very discouraging and saddening for people like me.

Players will come up with a new way to gate. Meanwhile dps meters are going to get even worse a rep, because now players who get into groups without the proper experience will get the boot.

The issue has not disappeared:Players wanting to play with other players of equal skill.

As long as Arenanet does not offer an in-game method of achieving this, players will find ways to do so on their own. Meanwhile all one can hope for is that toxicity does not spike due to once again mixing players of different play styles and skill, though I fear that is exactly what is going to happen.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Players will come up with a new way to gate. Meanwhile dps meters are going to get even worse a rep, because now players who get into groups without the proper experience will get the boot.

The issue has not disappeared:Players wanting to play with other players of equal skill.

As long as Arenanet does not offer an in-game method of achieving this, players will find ways to do so on their own. Meanwhile all one can hope for is that toxicity does not spike due to once again mixing players of different play styles and skill, though I fear that is exactly what is going to happen.

Guild Wars 2

@Oldyoung.6109 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Players will come up with a new way to gate. Meanwhile dps meters are going to get even worse a rep, because now players who get into groups without the proper experience will get the boot.

The issue has not disappeared:
Players wanting to play with other players of equal skill.

Guild
Wars 2

Oh this will barely affect me atm. I rarely run fractals or raids with PUG groups. That doesn't mean I agree with changes which will negatively impact PUG players.

That said, if it gets more players to join a guild and interact with others, even better.

@Senfdieb.3985 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:So if I cannot ping the new KP, should I keep the old KP?Because people still ask for KP regardless of the update...

What now? Is there a solution to this?

Just keep them. I guess they will be used as kp for a long time.

The old KP are still being used for 98/99 CM groups currently on EU. So yeah absolutely keep them. Eventually most CM players will have to move on to getting the 100CM title for completion and completion without dying. The ascended weapon chest with new skin for first time CM completion also function as KP already.

@Raizel.1839 said:It should decrese toxicity since everyone will have a chance to prove their value.The only reason why people ask for KP is that (at least according to those that asked for KPs), most people did not in fact, manage to prove their value.

Generally, if players feel they need to prefilter their group members for some type of content, then they will prefilter their group members. In the absence of one method, they will switch to another. And if the new method is going to be less accurate, to the point where it will visibly affect completion chances, then yes, it will result in more toxicity.

Notice, that ultimately this problem does not come from the players having some special expectations for their group members. It happens when that kind of prefiltering actually works (has a visible impact on completion times, and especially on completion chances). The only way to get rid of it is when the two groups of players that should never meet in the same group have absolutely no problem playing separately, without mixing with each other.