Make all random creatures Passive and weaker

crazyhusky.2985

The random animals mobs on maps are annoying.You'll try to start a fight with someone or a group and out comes a random Moa or wild cat thing and attacks you.I get that want the maps look real and stuff but its suppose to be mode where you're fighting people and taking objectives.In my view that stuff shouldn't be aggressive and attacking players. They should be passive.

If It isn't some sort a Guard defending something or an objective (for example Giant Wurm) then it shouldn't be going to attack players.Furthermore I Think they should also have the health of ambient creatures like rats and flies. So they die in 1 hit.I would say get rid of them but They help necros to get life force but it doesn't mean literally one else suffer with them. Make them passive so they don't bother people.

If anything we need more aggressive creatures in WvW. Its not sPvP, its supposed to be a dangerous environment both from players and from everything around you, otherwise players just treat it as a walk in the park. Its bad enough that we already have very few environmental hazards that players have to avoid during fights, outside of the Desert Borderlands at least.

The reason for this is because making the game too much "player vs. player" is what brings out balance flaws. The more NPCs you have, the more mobs you have, the more environmental hazards you have, the more unpredictable the fight is, the more it shifts from being a raw outcome based upon inherintly imbalanced classes and combat, to being more about how players can learn, adapt and react.

(This is actually one of the reasons why RNG is so prevalent in multiplayer games, to make it so that every battle doesn't just come down to whoever has more "skill" aka their class and build are the most OP, they have the lowest latency etc.)

The lack of both environmental dangers and RNG in GW may feel refreshing but also brings with it alot of problems. The whole point of RvR games has always been to provide a mix of PvE and PvP to require intense situational awareness and combat that doesn't have quite so predictable results. To provide a complex and multi-layered rather than linear and straightforward gameplay model.

That's why the more people complain about such things, and get them nerfed, the worse it becomes. But its a "can't see the forest for the trees" problem; said players can't see what's happening until its too late.

All they can see is they keep losing to that enemy player in every fight because they begged for it to be like sPvP.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:I cant really think of a time ive ever got mad enough to request the creatures in WvW get nerfed.

This nerf request is on another level imo

Would be nice if they just turned off all aggressive mobs. There's merit in keeping them, but not aggressive ones.The number of times I've been unable to end a fight from dealing with in-combat movespeed or even lost one from specifically Ascalonian archer cripple or randomly getting my burst/combo blinded is enough where I'd rather see them removed than have them near keeps.I don't really care about their presence or even so much the damage, but they really shouldn't have range, CC and be aggressive.

Red BL ones are also kinda overtuned with them just adding in HoT mods, especially now with the reduced damage professions deal to dispatch them quickly. A major problem, no, but having them be as strong as they are doesn't make a lot of sense.

Stop the whining! Even WvW needs a bit of atmosphere.

Experiences from a necro:

• your healing singet leeches 196 health from random creatures around you preventing you from ever leaving combat even if your target ran away 5 minutes ago.
  • spectral grasp pulls the target and 4 random moas, boars, salamanders and whatnot.
  • your aoe will always hit the oakheart so that it will spam immobs on you.
  • targets can even increase their superior mobility as they can teleport to creatures.

But I still think creatures are nice for the atmosphere. Empty maps would feel weird.

Well at least the creatures can be used to generate life force. But that mechanic is dumb anyway. Necro should reset its life force pool to 50% when it leaves combat.

@WorldofBay.8160 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Well at least the creatures can be used to generate life force. But that mechanic is dumb anyway. Necro should reset its life force pool to 50% when it leaves combat.

you got a trait for thatjust use your build templates/build links to switch when out of combat without life force. all up to you.

Inb4 “but but that means “SACRIFICING” on mah build.!!”

Trade offs that people don’t want to do.