Any chance we could get some lore/NPC on Queensdale Academy?

Dracyon Imperius.6309

I think everyone in this sub-forum has known the slight frustration of seeing a cool gemstore item and not really getting satisfying lore behind it, beyond a throwaway flavour phrase. But... ArenaNet just basically threw out Hogwarts in their game and they don't even give us a hint of a building, location or NPC, not even much in the way of flavour text. It's not too much to ask that a dev take five minutes to write as many lines and place them on an NPC, even without voice acting. Queensdale hasn't been touched much since vanilla, and since they took out the profession trainers, it has felt very empty. I'd love to see new buildings, some of the more recent assets, a couple NPCs in this outfit, but mostly at this point I just want a bit of lore and flavour, I can't possibly be the only one, now can I?

Yeah, it would be nice for these things to have meaningful tie in, and concept of a magic academy is a fine idea for Queensdale. But it just ends up feeling like a money-grab, which I know is the point of the gem store, but a little tact would be nice too.

The most egregious example imo are the branded mounts... how does that even work?

EDIT: Could’ve easily tied it into Asuran/Rata Sum lore, too. They’re all about education, magical or otherwise.

@JekthAvid.1408 said:This outfit reminded me of the wizard castle thingy... don't remember what it's called. Does it have any lore?

Edit: Wizard's feif in kessex hills southeast corner

Yes. There is some lore in Garrenhof, for instance that the wizard (presumed to be Isgarren) takes students, and there is some sort of rumour that they might be the spiritual fuel for the permanent elementals seen roaming around town. Now, there is little confirmed lore about what takes place there, but there is enough to speculate, there are NPCs with dialogue options, and there is that cool floating setpiece. Infinitely more than what we get for things we actually pay for.