No balance patch

Shiyo.3578

@"voltaicbore.8012" said:I actually think they were planning to do an expansion all along, but were hoping that we'd fall for the "oh the Saga is your new expansion" nonsense so they'd have a bit more time and goodwill to work on the real expansion. Since none of us seemed to take the bait, they probably rushed out an announcement and perhaps accelerated the timetable.

But either way, the way they went about things annoys me. If I'm right and they really were planning an xpac all along, it irks me that they thought we'd swallow the Saga as some sort of reasonable alternative to a real xpac. If others are right and they didn't plan on doing an xpac until the Saga blew up in their faces, then.... there are some serious competence issues at the studio.

Along those same lines, I think any player expecting that they'd make good on their new balance cadence fell victim to their own wishful thinking. Absolutely nothing we've seen so far from ANet indicated that they'd be able to keep that commitment.

I mean they did say they knew there was a market for an expansion durring the announcemnt or around the time in interviews. But that they were not actively talking about it/designing one but that like SOOOO MANY OTHER FEATURES it was on the "table". So I don't believe they ever intended to do an expansion, and the saga was them trying to do the minimum with maximum in gains. And of course like the original incarnation of living world... (They said the same thing from Core to HoT ) It blew up in their face and failed... and then the rush to create HoT came which is why there was a huge content drought.

I honestly thought we were going to get some small changes on the 15th for PvP balance.But at least we got the following:

Structured Player vs. Player

Living World Portal Tomes can now be used in the PvP Lobby.Massive Globs of Ectoplasm can now be used in the PvP Lobby.Potions of Ascalonian Mages can now be used in the PvP Lobby.

Probably not until the next expac.Later in the month or early in November when it goes to Steam.

Will get some new people from that probably that are going to explore every aspect of the game which includes PvP so they'll try and clean it up a little bit at the last possible second.Safe to say there will be a preview if there's ever going to be a balance patch.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@"voltaicbore.8012" said:I actually think they were planning to do an expansion all along, but were hoping that we'd fall for the "oh the Saga
is
your new expansion" nonsense so they'd have a bit more time and goodwill to work on the real expansion. Since none of us seemed to take the bait, they probably rushed out an announcement and perhaps accelerated the timetable.

But either way, the way they went about things annoys me. If I'm right and they really were planning an xpac all along, it irks me that they thought we'd swallow the Saga as some sort of reasonable alternative to a real xpac. If others are right and they
didn't
plan on doing an xpac until the Saga blew up in their faces, then.... there are some serious competence issues at the studio.

Along those same lines, I think any player expecting that they'd make good on their new balance cadence fell victim to their own wishful thinking. Absolutely nothing we've seen so far from ANet indicated that they'd be able to keep that commitment.

I mean they did say they knew there was a market for an expansion durring the announcemnt or around the time in interviews. But that they were not actively talking about it/designing one but that like SOOOO MANY OTHER FEATURES it was on the "table". So I don't believe they ever intended to do an expansion, and the saga was them trying to do the minimum with maximum in gains. And of course like the original incarnation of living world... (They said the same thing from Core to HoT ) It blew up in their face and failed... and then the rush to create HoT came which is why there was a huge content drought.

I have not been in the good really old days. I started to play GW2 few month before HoY release.

As for the saga. Not 100% certain about this statement, but supposedly one of the devs said the templates are expansion level feature, LMAO. Regardless of wither Anet thought the saga as expansion level content or not. It is not. Heck, considering the trashy masteries and that only 3 maps have been released in 12 month span, we are surely getting less than previous LWSs. I do not think Anet management is dumb. That was a deliberate publicity stunt. the prologue was solid, and for a short while people though we are getting expansion level map and story content at least. By the first release of the saga everyone understood this just another LW.

And, the data mining indicate this saga has 4 more episodes. Presumably 2 more maps. Expansion probably fall next year.

Since this is an spvp thread. not much really to be said here. Spvp was demolished on Feb 2020. This is... a shell of what it was. Slow, sluggish, imbalanced and boring. It is seriously fucked up on fundamental level. The whole thing needs rebuilding from scratch. It is really sad, cuz when pve stalls, at least spvp was fun. Now, I much rather farm mobs in Cursed Shore. Meta tiny patches are not going to do jack. And if the last few month are indication of anything, is that the only thing devs can do now, is nerf or remove. Buffing, redesigning or adding requires much more effort and creativity. This is clearly way beyond the current dev team capability. So when I see “we did not get a balance patch,” does it really matter?

Two GOOD maps is better than 6 rushed trash maps, please do not complain about good things Anet has done.

Feb patch was amazing, but the higher ups stopped CmC from finishing his vision and now CmC has zero control again so we're stuck with a bunker meta that's also a 2 shot meta because you need to be zerker amulet to kill a bunker before hell freezes over but that means every dps 2 shots eachother in engagements.

@otto.5684 said:

@"voltaicbore.8012" said:I actually think they were planning to do an expansion all along, but were hoping that we'd fall for the "oh the Saga
is
your new expansion" nonsense so they'd have a bit more time and goodwill to work on the real expansion. Since none of us seemed to take the bait, they probably rushed out an announcement and perhaps accelerated the timetable.

But either way, the way they went about things annoys me. If I'm right and they really were planning an xpac all along, it irks me that they thought we'd swallow the Saga as some sort of reasonable alternative to a real xpac. If others are right and they
didn't
plan on doing an xpac until the Saga blew up in their faces, then.... there are some serious competence issues at the studio.

I have not been in the good really old days. I started to play GW2 few month before HoY release.

As for the saga. Not 100% certain about this statement, but supposedly one of the devs said the templates are expansion level feature, LMAO. Regardless of wither Anet thought the saga as expansion level content or not. It is not. Heck, considering the trashy masteries and that only 3 maps have been released in 12 month span, we are surely getting less than previous LWSs. I do not think Anet management is dumb. That was a deliberate publicity stunt. the prologue was solid, and for a short while people though we are getting expansion level map and story content at least. By the first release of the saga everyone understood this just another LW.

And, the data mining indicate this saga has 4 more episodes. Presumably 2 more maps. Expansion probably fall next year.

Since this is an spvp thread. not much really to be said here. Spvp was demolished on Feb 2020. This is... a shell of what it was. Slow, sluggish, imbalanced and boring. It is seriously kitten up on fundamental level. The whole thing needs rebuilding from scratch. It is really sad, cuz when pve stalls, at least spvp was fun. Now, I much rather farm mobs in Cursed Shore. Meta tiny patches are not going to do jack. And if the last few month are indication of anything, is that the only thing devs can do now, is nerf or remove. Buffing, redesigning or adding requires much more effort and creativity. This is clearly way beyond the current dev team capability. So when I see “we did not get a balance patch,” does it really matter?

I do want to throw out there... Factions for guild wars 1, was what put competitive on the map. It added most of the beloved modes and skills and builds that are spoken even today by people who played; Cantha was apart of factions. HoT reminded me a-lot of Eye of the north in how it wasn't huge, but it did add a whole bunch of PvE stuff and flushed out systems we had but weren't as active in using. And PoF was for sure nightfall 2.0 electric boogaloo, which also focused more on PvE to help push it to a more respectable place. Both Core Guild wars 1 and Factions had a heavy PvP focus, so with that said Im guessing and hoping that "End of dragons" will do what factions did so long ago... and will basically breathe life into our competitive/guild scene.

@Shiyo.3578 said:Two GOOD maps is better than 6 rushed trash maps, please do not complain about good things Anet has done.

Feb patch was amazing, but the higher ups stopped CmC from finishing his vision and now CmC has zero control again so we're stuck with a bunker meta that's also a 2 shot meta because you need to be zerker amulet to kill a bunker before hell freezes over but that means every dps 2 shots eachother in engagements.

No, the 2 new maps are not better than LWS4 maps. Actually, LWS4 episode 2 and 4 maps are better than either of the saga maps. Prologue map is also better than either map but does not replyability. And LWS3 has multiple maps better than the saga maps.

I dunno how much control CMC has, but... does it matter? We don’t deal with Anet individual devs, but the collective. The result is what matters. Also, if we go based on the preview posts, assuming that was CMC “vision,” clearly he would be the prime person responsible of why spvp has degraded to where we currently are. Plus, maybe if the full balance patch was incomplete, that it should not have been released? It is not the “vision” is not complete, rather Anet implemented half assed and poorly tested changes, to be fixed later. Is this supposed to be an excuse?

In any case, the damage is already done. There needs to be major effort put to get Spvp to a stable place. I don’t see that happening, ever. Maybe next expansion will inject blood in sPvP. Till then, it will continue to shed active players.

Take off the rose-tinted nostalgia glasses boys!Pre-february patch PvP was even worse. Most skills would eat half your health and that forced you to run a full set of immunities, some of which even passive. And don't any of you remember bunker weaver and the old condi mirage?

Right now though there's still many issues. Obviously holosmith is ridiculous with the damage spam, easy might stacking and blinds to no end. It's clear the new seven-shot needs a nerf because right now it's on the level of pre-february balance. Clearly guardian symbols need a rework and some of the more tanky builds should get their resustain nerfed to about warrior levels. But I don't think the old balance was any more fun.

@mixxed.5862 said:Take off the rose-tinted nostalgia glasses boys!Pre-february patch PvP was even worse. Most skills would eat half your health and that forced you to run a full set of immunities, some of which even passive. And don't any of you remember bunker weaver and the old condi mirage?

Right now though there's still many issues. Obviously holosmith is ridiculous with the damage spam, easy might stacking and blinds to no end. It's clear the new seven-shot needs a nerf because right now it's on the level of pre-february balance. Clearly guardian symbols need a rework and some of the more tanky builds should get their resustain nerfed to about warrior levels. But I don't think the old balance was any more fun.

Really shows based on how much Spvp population is thriving right now, and how swift those balance patches and reworks have been. :+1: