Is Roxx Dead?

Svarty.8019

We're experiencing masses and masses of Charr-oriented content, where's the Charr NPC from our GW2 faux-"guild"?

I know everybody hates Roxx and nobody cares if she IS dead or not, but ... I just thought I'd remind everybody that she's in the story... somewhere.

I think she's quietly been offed.

@"Svarty.8019" said:We're experiencing masses and masses of Charr-oriented content, where's the Charr NPC from our GW2 faux-"guild"?

I know everybody hates Roxx and nobody cares if she IS dead or not, but ... I just thought I'd remind everybody that she's in the story... somewhere.

I think she's quietly been offed.

I don't hate Roxx. I've been missing her.

She is just retired now.

As the story goes on, the characters will eventually find a time for themselves to retire from the group thus they only return during moments when the Commander needs to rally all his/her allies against a threat.

For Rox's case, she has retired from Dragon's Watch and become a member of the Olmakhan.

Her appearances are most likely only going to be during times when the Olmakhan are called on to aid the commander from now on.

Its strongly suggested her fascination with the Olmakhan was because she wanted to settle down and start a family. Its not outright stated, but merely given through a series of subtextual hints throughout LS4, especially in Thunderhead Peaks.

Once she saw how the Olmakhan raise their young without a Fahrar she was more and more interested in staying there.

Her relationship with Braham also seems to've become platonic, just like Logan and Jennah. Presumably this is out of respect, as Braham hasn't quite forged his legend yet, especially after failing to kill Jormag; not actual loss of interest on Rox's part. In fact they seemed to be closer in LS4 than in any other part of the story, and their parting seemed rather difficult.

@Blocki.4931 said:Cast is too big to have everybody in there indefinitely. I'm sure many people haven't noticed Taimi doesn't phone in on us every 5 minutes either, but they certainly don't miss it.I think they wrote Roxx out of the story rather well.Both Taimi and Zojja are on death's doorstep, unless a miracle happens we won't really be seeing them again. And alot of us do miss it, they were fan favorite characters, but the Charr/Norn focused story really doesn't have much place for Asura in it.

That's why we don't really hear much from Gorrik either.

I imagine eventually Zojjja will wake up and help Gorrik put Taimi in a golem before dying, or something.

As many have said, yes, Roxx was written out. I actually really enjoyed the way they went about it. Clearly retired her character when she joined the Olmakhan, but it's not so absolute that they couldn't easily bring her back into the fold later on. This is preferable in my opinion than what they did to Zojja, which I am still hoping they will one day amend (for some reason).

The writers rotate the main cast that immediately surrounds the commander, so you never know who they will rotate in/out next. There's still some hope! I suspect after Icebrood Saga we will take a break from Braham and likely Rytlock. It seems assured to me that Marjory will be part of EoDs main cast, since she is Canthan and hasn't had a major story line since before PoF. Roxx isn't the best candidate to come back for that arc, but who can say?

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Her relationship with Braham also seems to've become platonic, just like Logan and Jennah. Presumably this is out of respect, as Braham hasn't quite forged his legend yet, especially after failing to kill Jormag; not actual loss of interest on Rox's part. In fact they seemed to be closer in LS4 than in any other part of the story, and their parting seemed rather difficult.

Her "relationship" with Braham was ALWAYS platonic. Arenanet have stated they're just friends--never were romantic.

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:She isn't canonically dead,But she is definitely dead to the writers.

You say that as if she was ever alive to the writers. She hadn't gotten any real attention since Season 1.

@Weindrasi.3805 said:

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Her relationship with Braham also seems to've become platonic, just like Logan and Jennah. Presumably this is out of respect, as Braham hasn't quite forged his legend yet, especially after failing to kill Jormag; not actual loss of interest on Rox's part. In fact they seemed to be closer in LS4 than in any other part of the story, and their parting seemed rather difficult.Her "relationship" with Braham was ALWAYS platonic. Arenanet have stated they're just friends--never were romantic.I really don't get the fanbase's obsessions with trying to ship Braham with Rox or Taimi. From day 1, it was always clear both were at best, sibling-styled relations.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Her relationship with Braham also seems to've become platonic, just like Logan and Jennah. Presumably this is out of respect, as Braham hasn't quite forged his legend yet, especially after failing to kill Jormag; not actual loss of interest on Rox's part. In fact they seemed to be closer in LS4 than in any other part of the story, and their parting seemed rather difficult.Her "relationship" with Braham was ALWAYS platonic. Arenanet have stated they're just friends--never were romantic.I really don't get the fanbase's obsessions with trying to ship Braham with Rox or Taimi. From day 1, it was always clear both were at best, sibling-styled relations.

The internet, my dude.1R9dU.gif