Removal of Unstable Cosmic Essence (KP)

GHOST.8609

About 3-4 Month ago I started doing CMs & Raid. I hated the idea about KP, begged into many groups sometimes was successful and sometime not. Trained at bosses like Sabetha countless hours and clearing old 100cm sometimes took more than a hour jumping between groups and finding new players after 2-3 tries when people left. Now after all that time spent in training and hardship I want some smooth run, I do not require power run but a smooth run. So despite having ~200kp I used to join 50+ kp groups and even made hfb to join groups faster. Now I can easily still create old kp 150+ group but I fear for the new players who ware at the same boat as me 4 months ago. Some of them may think its for their own good and they can prove themselves, you have no idea how wrong you are. Just today after 1 day of new fractal release most of the groups ware asking for 250KP+ the new cm titles. I was fortunate to do with friends. However I can no do fractal with friends every day as I do it when I find time and I can assume many are in my boat. So these new players will have trouble and face more toxicity than before.

I really do not know why anet does things like this , sometimes I feel they are very far away from their community. KP problem is more in raids as they drop both boss specific item and LI and In raid anyone can join with any kind of gear. I have ~100Li, I have completed envoy II and I still have trouble joining 80% raids in LFG. So these new players wont be able to gather these kp and go for smoother runs on the future. This just destroys pug gaming.

Solutions From Anet :1.Both Side Conversion like for now 1 Unstable = 5 fractal, there can be a reverse one added for like 50 fractal = 1 Unstable (which not only ensure people can stack up kp, but also can feed the cat, and sell their extra essence for gold after they get all their collection items)2.There is an achievement called "Abyssal Fractal master" for collecting weapons. Make it give few tier based title which can work as kill proof3.Drop unique guild decoration from new 100CM boss

Community Solutions :1.Buy Abyssal weapon skins with new wallet currency, transmute cheap weapons that you can buy from cities and ping them as KP2.Keep using old kp, do not sell them and if you are new try to form a static group3.Use api based sties (which is a real hassle)

Again I know there are hacks and scripts to ping those but very few people uses them, and they can be easily spotted after the first Old 100 CM boss fight, and again I repeat those who are still new think its good for you trust me its not, you are just 2-3 month away from sharing my opinion. Hope this gets antes attention. Ty for the read.

Not gonna lie, KP removal was the worst thing to do for new players. They can't proove their value anymore (and no a title that you got after 3 runs is not enough).

Now veterans gonna play together because they still have their kp, and no newbie can join them anymore after progressing in cm because they can't drop them anymore.

By the way, lol 1 old kp = 5 new ? That a totally scam conversion rate.you get 2 average by day before, and you get 40 new in the new CM only + the others CM.it's totally devalue the old kp that dedicate players have taken years to accumulate.(i only have 45kp, which is not a right spot but not the worst, i can still find some group in lfg, good luck for others players that was getting into the CM but can't proove their value and are stuck with no kp group forever)

@"GHOST.8609" said:Community Solutions :1.Buy Abyssal weapon skins with new wallet currency, transmute cheap weapons that you can buy from cities and ping them as KP

And even, once you unlock the tabs (by doing 1 CM100), you can buy these skins only by doing the CM nightmare fract without doing the others for example. So it can't really be used as sunqua kps, just "CM" kps.

@MoHohoho.6523 said:I will just keep the old KP and ping them if required. Personally don't really need the new currency.If you want a smooth run as you say just require titles. This is maybe even better than KP since you cannot fake a title.

This is not a guarantee but should do its job.

A title is only proof of having done it once. And like Xca also mentioned, they can be bought, which is equal to faking KP. A certain number of KP, at least, ensures you've done said content a certain amount of times, and decreases the chance of said person having bought every single run to get all that KP.

ANet should've forced the exchange from UCE to UFE, instead of leaving the choice to players themselves. People who start Fractals after the release of Sunqua Peak will not be able to ping UCE to get into CM groups that still require UCE. The same goes for people who exchanged it because they're interested in the weapon set and/or infusions. A forced exchange for all accounts would've at least solved that problem.