Infusions effects are out of control - [Merged]

Sileeent.5861

I think I can speak for a lot of players who are upset about infusion effects.I want to make it clear that I don't want it removed from the game!

However, I want an enhanced options menu that allow me to control which effects are visible to me and how many stacks of them I can see per character.It's time for such a quality-of-life feature, please do something!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sileeent.5861 said:I think I can speak for a lot of players who are upset about infusion effects.I want to make it clear that I don't want it removed from the game!

However, I want an enhanced options menu that allow me to control which effects are visible to me and how many stacks of them I can see per character.It's time for such a quality-of-life feature, please do something!

you are not alone. a setting to show/hide infusions and backpieces of other players (selectable: self/party/squad/all) is something i'd really want ingame

Definitely. I'd rather miss out on the occasional cool usage of an infusion if it meant reducing visual clutter and improving performance. Especially when some people's aesthetic is whatever will annoy others rather than be a coherent look or colour scheme.

Honestly, there probably wouldn't be nearly as many complaints about particle effects if there was a way to reduce and/or turn them off completely.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Just remove the stacking instead. One regular infusion and one enrichment infusion per character.

That is still stacking aura's. I think there should only be one infusion aura shown, I have a feeling that when we get the legendary amory that there will also be an infusion panel template, because I think there has to be for it to work, hopefully it restricts aura's to one.

I think that Anet wants people to see these effects so that they can say "Oooo that's cool" and then work to obtain the item(s) that grant the desired effect. That keeps people playing longer and/or spending money to convert gems -> gold to purchase needed things from the BLTC to craft the item(s). Sure, a setting could be made where a player can just see their own effect, but without seeing other player's effects how would they know that such items exist?

Personally, I would like the ability to turn off these effects. I just don't see it in Anet's best interest to do so. /shrug

@"misterman.1530" said:You can turn these off in competitive modes - there's an option to show only Standard Enemy Models. Very good in WvW, let me tell you. You can also do the same for Standard Friendly Models. As kharmin wrote, Anet probably doesn't want to do this in PvE.

There is also a Setting under graphics that allows you to lower the character model quality:

Character Model Quality — Controls the number of of high-quality character models that may be displayed.Drop-down options include "Lowest", "Low", "Medium", "High", and "Highest". See the gallery below for a visual representation of the generic standard models enabled with the lowest settings.

@Sileeent.5861 said:I think I can speak for a lot of players who are upset about infusion effects.I want to make it clear that I don't want it removed from the game!

Also allow me to hide wings that lower my FPS.

@"misterman.1530" said:

Character Model Quality
— Controls the number of of high-quality character models that may be displayed.Drop-down options include "Lowest", "Low", "Medium", "High", and "Highest". See the gallery below for a visual representation of the generic standard models enabled with the lowest settings.

doesnt remove infusions nor does it remove horrendous glowing wings or led or flaming back pieces

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:Just remove the stacking instead. One regular infusion and one enrichment infusion per character.

That is still stacking aura's. I think there should only be one infusion aura shown, I have a feeling that when we get the legendary amory that there will also be an infusion panel template, because I think there has to be for it to work, hopefully it restricts aura's to one.

As far as I know, Enrichment infusions don't have auras; they're always some minor effect.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

As far as I know, Enrichment infusions don't have auras; they're always some minor effect.

They do have aura's, the celebration enrichment has one.