Tempest every match

Bast.7253

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Zephoid.4263 said:imo, the problem doesn't exist with tempest. The problem exists with the low damage level we are at. Buff a few of the less competitive dps classes like power war and mes and you probably wouldn't see as many tempests.

Damage isn't low, damage is actually too high and bunkers are too tanky at the same time.Bunkers being so tanky forces all DPS builds to go zerker amulet in order to actually do enough damage to kill them, so they're squishy, so they end up 2 shotting eachother. However, bunkers can still tank them forever 1v1(depending on match up) while holding the node so damage is too low EVEN with zerker amulet dps running around, except when they run into eachother, where they 2 shot eachother.

It's an anomaly of game design.

My understanding is that everyone running condi builds now or at least most of the players which has maybe around 20% less dmg then the orginal power builds before the nerf . This explains the situation with the bunkers because they have enough condi clean with them means Scrapper and Tempest in a 1vs1 they can wash away all dmg only in group fights this get overloaded. Most heal builds don't have enough coni clean for those encounters or they are forced to give up major elites/traits but without a healer it can like you describe both team can nuke each other into the downstate .

I expect this to happen a lot when I'm not around as healer/supporter.

The problem with:'give up major elites/traits ' is that when the enemy team notice you have one they focus him/her whatever e.g as heal FB I have to give up on the rezz sigil and contemplation of purity for enough stabi and group condi clean. The problem with Tempest is the build needs only the fire traitline and wateroverload for enough condi clean the rest is fully invested in defence and cc.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's weird that i only see Dagger/X support/healing Tempests. Where are the Staff ones? Tempest should use a Staff as a support/healer, not daggers. Daggers and Scepter should only be used as a dps weapons. Is Staff that bad on Tempest? I have no idea why Anet has made Daggers as the best support weapons for ele.

@Sifu.9745 said:It's weird that i only see Dagger/X support/healing Tempests. Where are the Staff ones? Tempest should use a Staff as a support/healer, not daggers. Daggers and Scepter should only be used as a dps weapons. Is Staff that bad on Tempest? I have no idea why Anet has made Daggers as the best support weapons for ele.

because dagger/horn was meta in wvw because of a lot of cc , this build use dagger/focus because dagger has an aura and focus has an aura too. Focus in general has tons of defense and a cc too. Like I said both together gives you with the fire trait line 2*3 condi clean for the whole group = 30 . You can argue it is the combo which makes it so bad but honestly the fire trait line is even with 1 aura transformation very strong because you still have Lesser Cleansing Fire on top of it.

When they introduced this mechanic people pointed out that you can use both water and fire trait line which would result in an uber cleanse. The concept/trait is kinda broken but since we weren't in a condi meta back then people forgot it.

To be true I don't want a nerf more the opposite I want a buff for all healer-supporter builds more cleansing and stabi is too less on other builds but this build needs to be brought in line with the other builds.

Finaly someone realized the actual issue with tempest, @Lord of the Fire.6870. It was the changes to the fire traitline, leading first to fire weaver, now to support tempest being able to spec into aura share without sacrificing AoE cleanses.

Guess Anet will change shocking aura. :lol: Good thing is, this will happen in a year or so, when the next balance patch comes and gives holo another sneaky buff.

€: Kinda sad, I got cynical over the last few months. I abandoned PVP some weeks ago too, after a long time of optimistic arguments.

@Megametzler.5729 said:Finaly someone realized the actual issue with tempest, @Lord of the Fire.6870. It was the changes to the fire traitline, leading first to fire weaver, now to support tempest being able to spec into aura share without sacrificing AoE cleanses.

Guess Anet will change shocking aura. :lol: Good thing is, this will happen in a year or so, when the next balance patch comes and gives holo another sneaky buff.

€: Kinda sad, I got cynical over the last few months. I abandoned PVP some weeks ago too, after a long time of optimistic arguments.

Well I'm not so caught up in pvp currently myself I only been there any more to farm stuff so I'm way less salty when I lose. I fear they will do like you said just removing shock aura from dagger which is in wvw a nice way to play as dps for me . A quick fix which would make sense is nerfing the fire trait line meaning Smothering Auras cleans only 1 with Lesser Cleansing Fire this is still a lot in compare to water actually Lesser Cleansing fire needs to go down to 2 = 25+ 12*5 = 20 cleanses. I would love to buff Stop, Drop and Roll in the water trait line on the other hand adding cribbed and immobilized to the list. What also needs to change is the might generation needs to turn back how it was before otherwise weaver is unplayable in PvP.

But I also don't think they will do that like you hinted at they are busy with other stuff and they super rarely touch stuff which which they or their predecessor introduced instead they tend to slap new stuff on to it which makes many patches so weird from a player perspective because each new mechanic introduce new ways to 'exploit' which leads to new balancing issues or sometimes kill everything off.

The problem with the fire trait line now it properly easier to scratch it completely and build it new then fixing things one by one.