Bank Tabs

Movie.2943

I have a question for Anet. When will there be an increase to the amount of bank tabs we are able to have? I believe the current now is 17 tabs. I know there are alot of players like myself who would be ready to spend some Gems for for additional tabs. I really don't like using my alts as mules.

@Kira Wei.2361 said:I have a question for Anet. When will there be an increase to the amount of bank tabs we are able to have? I believe the current now is 17 tabs. I know there are alot of players like myself who would be ready to spend some Gems for for additional tabs. I really don't like using my alts as mules.

Get a guild, claim hall with people and upgrade it for guild bank?

@Kira Wei.2361 said:I have a question for Anet. When will there be an increase to the amount of bank tabs we are able to have? I believe the current now is 17 tabs. I know there are alot of players like myself who would be ready to spend some Gems for for additional tabs. I really don't like using my alts as mules.

Agreed. It's a silly limitation that is not benefiting the player or ANet.

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

If you think about it from a developer stand point, for each tab added, you could potentially add 30 rows per account to a database table. It's a limitation for a reason. There is always a reason. While I am in favor of more tabs, I can understand the limitations as well.

@Deedrick.4372 said:

If you think about it from a developer stand point, for each tab added, you could potentially add 30 rows per account to a database table. It's a limitation for a reason. There is always a reason. While I am in favor of more tabs, I can understand the limitations as well.

But those 30 rows would be offset by the added data mgmt of multiple table entries and rows of additional alts and their associated bags.

@Deedrick.4372 said:

To a table that already has join and lookup features.

Which makes it a storage size problem. I thought server storage was super cheap these days.

you are directing your question to the devs, while asking in the players helping players secontion. This is better suited in the general part of the forum (or use the search function as it has been asked before). As explained by others, there is a limit for a reason. It requires room in the database to allow for this. There are limitations. Just do not be a packrat ;)