Guild Wars 2 Development Ideas

Natta.8905

Yes, but since there are those who do not like mermaid games or mermaids then this will be perfect for those who does like mermaid games and mermaids. It can also be an expansion that you can buy. Where the underwater sea monster could be in. The mermaid underwater world could then be account bound so that all your characters in that account can travel to the world for story or even a new pet for rangers etc.

@Natta.8905 said:I want to thank everyone who has viewed and also made a commentary on this idea. The idea was just a thought that had crossed my mind and since this was my first time on writing on the forum, I just thought it would be nice to know what you thought about it. I asked the supporters first and they then afterwards recommended that I should wrote here. :)

The “supporters” were just being nice to you. Your idea is not good for adults, it’s a child’s fantasy.

Maybe, but there are those who does think it is a bit interested. You need to have imagination to create new things instead of being stuck on old things. Beside, it was just a suggestion and an idea, it does not hurt anyone. But we shall see how it goes. The supporters are those who answers ticket and I am glad that that person thought that should write my idea here instead of in my head. They also need a little inspiration.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@Natta.8905 said:I want to thank everyone who has viewed and also made a commentary on this idea. The idea was just a thought that had crossed my mind and since this was my first time on writing on the forum, I just thought it would be nice to know what you thought about it. I asked the supporters first and they then afterwards recommended that I should wrote here. :)

The “supporters” were just being nice to you. Your idea is not good for adults, it’s a child’s fantasy.

The CS Team refers all 'suggestions' to the forum. I suppose one could consider that 'nice'.

Mortifera wrote: Your idea is not good for adults, it’s a child’s fantasy.

It's all about how to create it. Both Pirates of the Caribbean 4 and Harry Potter 4 have mermaids in them. Would you consider them childish or a child's fantasy? These movies are created by Disney and Warner Bros. respectively, are they also childish or child's fantasy? These two are adult movies and have both mermaids in them who are evil. If you say something is a child's fantasy it is also in this game, for example you fly on a dragon, you ride on a beetle etc. So you see it is all about a matter of perspective and how you create the mermaids.

@Natta.8905, welcome to the forums! Even though I really dislike your idea, I fully support you putting it out here.

As for why I dislike it: I don't think adding a mermaid mode would really add anything meaningful to the game,. You can already stay underwater as long as you want, and all they'd need to do is add a cool underwater city or environment worth staying in. I guess I'd be okay with having a purely cosmetic tonic, but to add a mastery and actual game system centered around it, seems like a waste.

I used to want mounted combat, but have since given up on it. Given how broken the skimmer race turned out at launch, I really believe that mounted combat (which feels like a fundamental change to the entire mount system) would be disastrous. As you yourself said, maybe that 'underwater roller beetle' idea would be much better.

You need to be opened minded about my idea and have imagination. Picture mermaids with sylvari ears and a cool mermaid armor, who has cool weapons and a cool mount who fights against giants sea monsters etc. A world similar to the sylvaris home and all Tyria put together or combined. It can be a mermaid world where you have to fight against evil mermaids.