I've been wondering today about who the commander's companions will be for the journey to Cantha. Here are some unfounded thoughts strictly about established characters.
- Marjory: She's of Canthan ancestry and hasn't had a major storyline since S3. Opportunity to explore her family history in depth. I could also see her being the focal point of a new necromancer e-spec storyline infused with Canthan lore, similar to what Rytlock was in HoTs for revenants.
- Gorrik: He's been built up through S4 and could serve as our resident genius in place of Taimi. Generally liked by fans (as far as I can tell) and could use more character development.
- Caithe: We last saw her in S4, but haven't heard from her since. I could see her coming to Cantha as an emissary of Aurene, or at least as Aurene's eyes on the ground. If there are any burgeoning sylvari plotlines to be found in Echovald or the wider continent, she would make the most sense to feature as part of it.
- Kasmeer: She was a major character in PoF, though she's been on the back burner since then. Her relationship with Marjory may bring her to Cantha, but we've seen from PoF that the writers aren't afraid of separating them either.
- Canach: Also missing since PoF, but in lieu of Caithe he could be our sylvari. He's also a fan favorite, so I feel most would be glad to see him again.
- Jhavi: Borderline unlikely, but if they develop her more through the latter half of Icebrood Saga, she could come to join DW. Some speculate from the recent fractal that there could be Norn in Cantha, and she could be a tie-in for that story if it comes to fruition.
- Ryland: Again unlikely, but I could see a redemption arc happening in Icebrood Saga that could bring him to our side. And if that development happens, I wouldn't be surprised if he tagged along for the next expansion. Alternatively, he retains his role as Jormag's champion if we end up allied with Jormag, functioning in a similar role to my Caithe musings.
- Braham: Braham's big moment is Icebrood Saga, and his importance has been building for years. After this Saga is over, I expect the writers will rotate him out for a while.
- Rytlock: If Crecia doesn't become Khan-Ur, Rytlock most likely will. And barring that, I'm fairly certain Rytlock may die by the end of Icebrood Saga in an attempt to save his son.
- Crecia: As mentioned above, the writers seem to be setting her up for some greater destiny. Come what may I'm certain she'll be busy following Icebrood Saga.
- Taimi: While I do expect Taimi to have a role in the expansion remotely, with the S4 revelation of her disease getting worse I doubt she will be traveling. Of course, magical interference/distance could prevent her from communicating with us completely depending on what the writers want.
- Rox: She's effectively retired and living her dream life with the Olmakhan. I doubt they would bring her back for an expansion.
- Logan: Effectively retired from main character status in his role as pact marshal.
- Zojja: Scrambled eggs for brains, abandoned by the writers. But gosh, would love a surprise.
- Garm: Honorable mention. He's a wolf and is gonna do wolf things in the Shiverpeaks, but it would be cool to have a non-ranger animal companion accompany us.
- Malyck: Wouldn't it be great if his mysterious tree was in Cantha somehow? :P
Which returning characters do you think will be in EoDs main cast?