Want to use DirectX 12 [DX12] for GW2? Here's a guide on using the D912PXY on Windows 10

@Mack.3045 said:

@sitarskee.5738 said:Unfortunately, there was no game-changing shift in performance for me. Only got lots of bugged textures that would load 10x slower than normally.

Please read the guide on how to use pso cache..............

Ok, man........................ Last time I tried in about a year ago on a worse setup. I will give it another shot this week.

@sitarskee.5738 said:

@sitarskee.5738 said:Unfortunately, there was no game-changing shift in performance for me. Only got lots of bugged textures that would load 10x slower than normally.

Please read the guide on how to use pso cache..............

Ok, man........................ Last time I tried in about a year ago on a worse setup. I will give it another shot this week.

"To prevent Shaders delays from having to load in, use the Shader pack. Choose the one that correlates to your in game settings for Shaders ..High, Medium etc....

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V59UCT_pBLxSe9xEaCYhAR-LII_VaquW

Once you run the game once (after installing the d912pxy) and have changed the load_pso_cache=1 in your config file, drop the shader file into the pck folder. Select "yes" to overwrite the existing file"

@Mack.3045 Awesome work on this. Just a question regarding Shadows - I've noticed with the current 2.2.1 version, a fresh install with no latest.pck (I played and let it build on its own) - shadows are not rendering on Ultra. They render on High and lower. Oddly - there's a bright area of no shadows around my character that increases with the shadows setting (low -> high).

@Thriceblinded.9126 said:@"Mack.3045" Awesome work on this. Just a question regarding Shadows - I've noticed with the current 2.2.1 version, a fresh install with no latest.pck (I played and let it build on its own) - shadows are not rendering on Ultra. They render on High and lower. Oddly - there's a bright area of no shadows around my character that increases with the shadows setting (low -> high).

Hi :) With the recent patches there were some internal changes to the game in Native Dx9 and shadow rendering. This has affected Ultra Shadows rendering on Ultra with the d912pxy.

Megai has just released version v2.3 which addresses this issue with some major changes. I would delete the Bin64 and d912pxy folder first and then do a fresh install. Be aware that current shader packs (pck) are not valid with this release so you'll have to build your own. Loading times are a LOT longer initially while you build your own pck file. The good news is Shadows on Ultra will work out of the box with this release.

Don't forget to change your config to load and save pso cache to =1

Megai is also working on using Native DX12 TAA (anti aliasing ) with future releases !

https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy/releases/tag/v2.3

Have fun and enjoy.All credit to Megai the developer of the dx912 pxy :)

P.S i support him on Patreon - if you can a small amount makes a big difference for him :)

• 2 weeks later...

Some exciting news. The pending release of version 2.3 enables multithreaded PSO/HLSL compilation (think multi-threaded shader compilation and DirectX calls )I'm currently running the latest build and this makes a huge difference. This is groundbreaking stuff.

I'll post updates to the main guide when released.

All credits to Megai the developer :)

@"Ke Ro Ro.1086" said:I have install the d912pxy but when i try to start the game my it says install cannot be completed .. i think i done all correctly ... any idea why?

I would try installing the latest C++ runtime here https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

( Run the .bat file as admin - it will install all )

Apart from that, follow the general trouble shooting advice on the d912pxy site https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy/wiki/Reporting-crashes

Hope this helps :)

Hi!

I've installed the modification to Dx9 but unfortunatelly i think my peformance got even worse!I followed the basic steps like setting threads ( i use a 9900k so i set it to 16) and put the flag "1" on the save shaders option.

Not sure what to try next, any help is appreciated!

Edit: I rerun GW2 and i noticed that my settings didnt save when i edited the config (from within the game's overlay window).

@"seithan.4823" said:Hi!

I've installed the modification to Dx9 but unfortunatelly i think my peformance got even worse!I followed the basic steps like setting threads ( i use a 9900k so i set it to 16) and put the flag "1" on the save shaders option.

Not sure what to try next, any help is appreciated!

Edit: I rerun GW2 and i noticed that my settings didnt save when i edited the config (from within the game's overlay window).

Hi, I have replied to you on discord. Time to go through some trouble shooting. Can you reply with your full pc specs. Thank you

@"Ke Ro Ro.1086" said:After i install d912pxy,login and click the play button it say , a serious error has occoured that prevent the program from continueing to run... Any solution? since i have no addons .. i some1 can tell me any possible reason ill try..tyHi, I suggest following the trouble shooting guide on the main pagehttps://github.com/megai2/d912pxy

What are your pc specs?

@Ashantara.8731 said:Is this really worth the trouble? So much stuff to keep in mind, understand and execute, and on top of that all the changes that need to be applied after each update - that sounds like too much of a headache for a small performance boost.

Hi,

For most users the d912pxy works out of the box after install and some config file tweaks to suit hardware. This would be a 10-15 min initial investment in time.

There is the discord channel for those who want additional support or to share their configs with others.

Gains depend on individual hardware set-ups.

For me in some areas I net an extra 30-50+ fps, better visuals and a better experience overall.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Is this really worth the trouble? So much stuff to keep in mind, understand and execute, and on top of that all the changes that need to be applied after each update - that sounds like too much of a headache for a small performance boost.

The performance boost depends on the situation, in places where your CPU is taxed to the limit then dx12py won't do much. In almost all other areas though it will give a high performance boost.

@Mack.3045 said:

@"Ke Ro Ro.1086" said:After i install d912pxy,login and click the play button it say , a serious error has occoured that prevent the program from continueing to run... Any solution? since i have no addons .. i some1 can tell me any possible reason ill try..tyHi, I suggest following the trouble shooting guide on the main page

What are your pc specs?its an i5 ,4gb ram with graphic card nvedia geforce 710 which is a bit old will that be a problem?