Varinia's Breakbar

Guest [Deleted User]

Can anyone explain Varinia's breakbar, or at least confirm my suspicion that its quirky behavior is a bug? Here are my observations from fighting her:

1. The bar comes up at the start of the fight. At this point it can be broken fairly easily but comes right back up, fully charged, basically as soon as it's broken. This happens repeatedly, maybe 3-4 times. Her ley buffs stay active throughout these "fake" breaks.

2. Then the bar stays broken for a long while.

3. When it comes back up again (instantly), it is significantly harder to break. Once broken, it stays broken for an undetermined amount of time, shorter than the last one though. Ley buffs removed for a short time.

4. This time it gets the orange "recharge" bar. However, sometimes the recharge goes instantly to the "broken" state for a bit (red shield on the left, iron-scale graphic on the bar). It will then go back to recharging from the point it left off. This can happen repeatedly while the bar is recharging.

5. Her ley buffs, though, seem to reactivate randomly. When the bar is working what I think of as "correctly," they reactivate when the recharge is roughly 1/3 full. However, sometimes they activate instantly with the start of the recharge or while the bar is broken.

So is there actually a rhyme or reason to her break mechanics and ley buffs, or am I correct in thinking something is off with her?

Update from run today:

Recharge came up and filled, it hit green for a second, then went back to an almost-full recharge bar. Then it went spastically between breakable, broken, and various states of recharging. The ley buffs stayed up the whole time. It made it very, very difficult with Icy Echoes active constantly.

Conclusion: this HAS to be bugged.

• 4 weeks later...

it confuses me as wellfirst she will have a breakbar. when is ist not broken fast enough, it reset. When you break it, she will loose her buffs. She get another breakbar immediately. When you break this one, she gets her buffs back. When you don't break it, she still gets her buffs back after a little longer time. When you break her breakbar, when she has her buffs back, she keeps her buffs. She doesn't gets this breakbar, when you failed to kill her in the first attempt.After the second breakbar is broken, it will be broken for a long time with her buffs active. At some point she gets her breakbar back, with this discribed weird behaviour, that the orange bar reset to completely unfilled. After it is active again, it functions as the first breakbar. She doesn't gets the second breakbar this time.