Dragonhunter, firebrand or core guardian: who Is the best profession for solo everything in Pve?

Blackrystal.3508

Dragonhunter has great power burst and many defensive tools for soloing pve content. Firebrand uses condi damage but has a lot more utility and damage over time for soloing more difficult pve content. For more info on the optimal builds for either, just visit the snowcrows website and look around. I will say that if you are a newer player to the profession or the game, either of these builds can feel squishy at first until you get a feel for the combos.

@Blackrystal.3508 said:

@Josiah.2967 said:I prefer Dragon Hunter for everything. An argument for Firebrand can be made for HP, Champions, and World Bosses. Power kills open world mobs faster.

Do you know some build can do damage mix and close range? With some self Support for bossTy

Do not play core. It is not bad, but out classed. Power is DH. Condi is FB.

I run multiple builds in OW. The strongest (or fastest) damage wise is DH. Zeal/radiance/DH. GS + S/F. Fire works runes. Full berserker gear with 2 Valkyrie. Utilities, Litany of weather, sword of justice, precision blades, save yourselves and feel my wrath. You can use scepter instead of sword for short range, but if you are playing solo prepare to be disappointed. Metabattle has trait details. Also, if you want FB. FB is very strong as well.

This is my personal tier for how to add survivability to guardian:

Start with full dps build and gear + around 1.5k HP.If the boss is melee, I would consider using scepter.Drop zeal line for valor line and use some mediation as utilities.Use mace and shield as 1 of the 2 weapon setup.Add toughness and vitality. Personally, I never do that. I just go to the next step...

It is not meant to be soloed, at least by guardian. Guardian is middle of the pack here.

Feel free to experiment. In OW guardian has the largest number of viable setups. Radiance is the only mandatory line for damage, both condi and power. Everything else can be easily played with. This Is because power damage anchor is retaliation + radiance and condi is justice proc + torch, traited. If you like guardian game play you can put anything synergistic together and it will work well.

Dragonhunter hands down if yu wanna be able to kill things fast.Even if yu are playing Condi, Dragonhunter is also pretty strong because they have that spinny trap thing which triggers Justice fast.

Firebrand is more like a walking fortress with alot of utility and tools for all occasions, but doesn't exactly kills things fast.