LF Partner for General Storyline Completion

Vetus.1632

I've been exclusively in PvP fro the last several years and have neglected PvE as it seems boring to me, until now. I think I would enjoy it much more if I completed this content with others. From core tyria, HoT, PoF and all the living world stuff, feel free to mail me in game (Love Bomb) if you want a partner for this content over the coming months. I'm pretty much fresh on all these story lines and willing to do any.

@"Vetus.1632" said:I've been exclusively in PvP fro the last several years and have neglected PvE as it seems boring to me, until now. I think I would enjoy it much more if I completed this content with others. From core tyria, HoT, PoF and all the living world stuff, feel free to mail me in game (Love Bomb) if you want a partner for this content over the coming months. I'm pretty much fresh on all these story lines and willing to do any.

How far are your characters on Personal Story line as that is the introduction into the first fight with en Elder Dragon and why those make a threat to Tyria.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personal_story

If you have not been playing your characters in core Tyria at all you might lack Waypoints that you unlock from doing story parts. Some can only be accessed during story mode (instance). It is possible to buy an unlock from Gem Store for core Tyria WP, but that shouldn't be unnecessary and you will get some BL chest keys from doing map completion. Here it helps to have unlocked mounts (PoF) and Gliding (HoT) to get faster around for open world maps. You will also get map based token (which work as currency to by ascended rings, accessories and back items; some which can be changed attributes with a gizmo that are bought at NPC vendor).

Personal Story is rather time consuming as I am doing it on my Engineer/Scrapper. I would suggest that you start with Icebrood Saga to until you unlock Drizzlewood (both South and North), so you can do that event chain to get some Gold in between. Not sure how much Gold you get from doing PvP, but in WvW you don't get that much if you are not only focusing on fast reward tracks and multiple kills (zerging or run in small group of coordinated player to get kills).

When you write that are a PvP player, what kind of PvP are we talking about here? Some people use PvP for everything that isn't PvE. Are we talking abouton sPvP (ranked and/or unranked) or WvW or both?

In sPvP you will have reward tracks that unlocks when you have completed certain conditions like unlocking story or maps. In WvW you also have rewards tracks that related to zone on maps and story. Take a look at each to activate those as your progress in your story as it might give you more token (which is kept either in Material Storage or in Wallet which you access from Inventory where there is a an icon to change mode - use filter to see only map token and then change to keys as some keys will be bought with map token and Gold or other combination).

(A) Are you looking for people to do story instance with that you also communicate with through VoIP (Discord or TeamSpeak) or only through text in chat?

(B) How far are your characters and what builds? There is a large difference if you have already unlocked mounts and gliding for open world map completion which is a part of main story line (it is meant that you can progress through story to unlock part of map - which is more clear when you go to HoT and PoF incl all LW in between). In story related to PoF you are expected to have basic mounts as you progress and unlock mounts, so you might need look up how you want to progress all story line from the very beginning (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Story_Journal - show a view of all story content and repeatable story for achievement). It will take a very long time as you will also have to unlock things in open world map to get access or use a friend or portal scroll to get there directly. Use GW2 wiki to be prepared what is needed on each map or for how each story are supposed to progress (especially as some story still have bugs that might trigger or not).

© Do you want to play every story in chronological order or can you jump between story to get certain achievements (like a free 24 slot bag that in end will become 32 slot from A Bug in The System and unlock mount or gliding? I would advice to at least unlock basic gliding as there is no fall damage traits any more to reduce fall damage in PvE.

(D) As story to large degree is instanced content are you willing to repeat story so all in group will get their reward? It is not necessary to be grouped in story, but it make things easier in some case. Instanced content means that only the one that are party leader will get their story to finish (this might have been changed for later story parts like in PoF - wher ANet changed how instanced where in its own part of world, now your character will be doing story in game world) and get rewards for that completion, so it is worth look up if story need to be repeated for everybody or all in group will get progression and reward from that story completion.

Found this thread about party vs squad, so it looks you can not use squad to create a group for story mode. It is limited to 5 which is the party limit. What I wrote down here was before I discovered that limitation, but it is still useful in open world to use a squad or even have a commander tag (which you need 250 Badge of Honor and 300 Gold to buy; BoH are WvW token).https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/95287/playing-story-instances-with-party

Use squad interface when you party up as you then can use "Ready" for your group (squad). Party interface do lack that feature. Change from grid view (as don't need see sups or that type of info, but instead you will see much clearer boons, condition (that are on each player that might need to be cleansed) and health bar for each player in squad. There are bosses later on that can be tricky to solo and even a group might need to coordinate a bit to manage (at least for achievement). Don't forget to use CC (both hard and soft) to take down Defiance bars on bosses, explain that to your group members if there a new players that don't know how this works or look it up on wiki. Is somebody leaves group you can use LFG to find new member to fill that spot, so it is not necessary to wait every time someone need to leave for IRL matters.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Squad#Squad_interfacehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Party (here you can see how squad interface will look when you change away from grid view on squad)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Looking_For_Group (added show LFG and to keep easy access to your group of doing story with - you can even create a Guild if you want to keep it easy to see who is online - but there is a limit of up to 5 Guilds, so it might be that you prefer to use friend list instead)

Wow, this is an extraordinary response.

1. I have done the first quest or two from each sotry line, but otherwise I am fresh.
  2. In PvE I play protection hollo
  3. I have fully ascended equipment and raptor mount for now.
  4. I want to play the story for the experience, hence looking for another player. I am not concerned with meta and gold.
  5. I use discord.
  6. I am not concerned with being chronological, but it's a bonus.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...