How is rifle warrior?

Lynx.9058

Rifle just doesn't really mesh well with how Warrior is generally played.If Warrior aims to keep enemies on their toes and basically win battles with masterful plays, Rifle slows the Warrior wayyyyy too much and breaks the flow, for both PvE and PvP.

I think all of Warrior's range weapons are also kinda like that, that's why yu only see Rifles and Bows played in niche settings like WvW.Also Harpoon Gun. HAHAHAHA Joke of a weapon that one.

@Yasai.3549 said:Rifle just doesn't really mesh well with how Warrior is generally played.If Warrior aims to keep enemies on their toes and basically win battles with masterful plays, Rifle slows the Warrior wayyyyy too much and breaks the flow, for both PvE and PvP.

I think all of Warrior's range weapons are also kinda like that, that's why yu only see Rifles and Bows played in niche settings like WvW.Also Harpoon Gun. HAHAHAHA Joke of a weapon that one.

@Atomos.7593 said:The rifle is pretty bad on the warrior and I find it worse than the longbow. But all of the ranged options for the warrior are quite bad.

This is exactly why I'm hoping we see Pistol/Pistol in the new elite spec and that it arrives as a raw dps class rather than something support or condition based. I pray it's capable of giving the years old Axe/Axe meta a run for it's money. Doesn't have to dethrone it, but I hope it at least comes close enough to be viable.

@Jagblade.4627 said:This is exactly why I'm hoping we see Pistol/Pistol in the new elite spec and that it arrives as a raw dps class rather than something support or condition based. I pray it's capable of giving the years old Axe/Axe meta a run for it's money. Doesn't have to dethrone it, but I hope it at least comes close enough to be viable.

If Arenanet can't even (or simply refuses to) make Rifle viable, I doubt they will give Warrior a viable ranged elite spec.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Jagblade.4627 said:This is exactly why I'm hoping we see Pistol/Pistol in the new elite spec and that it arrives as a raw dps class rather than something support or condition based. I pray it's capable of giving the years old Axe/Axe meta a run for it's money. Doesn't have to dethrone it, but I hope it at least comes close enough to be viable.

If Arenanet can't even (or simply refuses to) make Rifle viable, I doubt they will give Warrior a viable ranged elite spec.

You're probably right, but a guy can dream.

Rifle/GS warr is great in wvw (can't speak about pvp). One guy on my server roams with this and from all the players on that server he is the one I have the best outcomes when roaming as a duo (warr+reaper and we haven't lost any 2v2 in months).

But that guy is also in the top 5% of player skill, which is another proof for the assumption that you can make lots of stuff work in this game if you are good.

For PvE a combination of rifle and axe or GS should work fine unless we are speaking about meta raid builds (and who cares about these?).

@Jagblade.4627 said:

It would be a nice to have a decent and viable ranged weapon for the warrior in PvE. I usually like to run with a combination of a close range weapon and long range weapon in PvE so I can adapt to situations and mechanics. This works fine for every other profession I played, but the warrior's ranged weapons are very lacklustre. I can't speak for warrior ranged weapons in WvW or PvP as I don't really play my warrior much in these.

@Atomos.7593 said:

It would be a nice to have a decent and viable ranged weapon for the warrior in PvE. I usually like to run with a combination of a close range weapon and long range weapon in PvE so I can adapt to situations and mechanics. This works fine for every other profession I played, but the warrior's ranged weapons are very lacklustre. I can't speak for warrior ranged weapons in WvW or PvP as I don't really play my warrior much in these.

I'd love to do the same and I miss doing it so much, but every time I think it's safe to break out the rifle I always end up encountering a tough enemy with a break bar and regret not having my maces on backup.

@Jagblade.4627 said:

I'd love to do the same and I miss doing it so much, but every time I think it's safe to break out the rifle I always end up encountering a tough enemy with a break bar and regret not having my maces on backup.

Hehe same. I like using the rifle and find it fun to use but for me it's too weak for harder content in PvE. I still keep my rifle in my inventory for when I just want to have fun doing some easier stuff.

For WvW, yeah, those 25 stacks of vulnerability will sneak up on somebody and a second roaming partner can really capitalize on it, or you with axe/axe, but in a 1vX Rifle will not help you. Volley is still great for forcing dodges, or for pressure with a partner. In PvE, you shouldn't run it in Raids of FotM. In OW though? I've been using it with Axe/Axe while going through LWS4. If you take Crack Shot you pretty much go from cooldown to cooldown use Kill Shot, then repeat. You don't really even need to use Rifle Butt often, with Crack Shot you barely have to auto attack. Since KS and Volley pierce you'll tag lots of stuff. Axe/Axe for meta DPS when needed, but honestly most things die before you get close enough to need it.

If only it had that kind of umph in competitive play...