Kill Proof idea - Let us ping from the Wallet

YtseJam.9784

@Asum.4960 said:

@"YtseJam.9784" said:Titles are not 100% trustworthy, people can buy those. You need some kind of proof that you can beat them frequently :)

You could just create a static with people you know. 100% trustworthy, and the proof are your past runs with the group.Only like minded players.It‘s not that hard to create your own groups ;)

I can't even recall the amount of statics I've formed or joined over the years anymore, but let's be real, through severe lack of content and massive missteps like the Build "Template" Patch etc. people have been quitting/taking breaks in droves, especially over the last ~2 years or so.Sure I've had statics last for even years for some content at times, and good times they were, but others also barely a month, or even falling apart due to scheduling and such in the first week.And each time that happens, it's back to pugging (or quitting yourself), at least for a while.

Plus some people have different playtimes available from a day to day or week to week basis, which generally just doesn't work for statics at all.

So sure, statics are the best case scenario to play content such as this with, but they aren't an automatic fix or perfect solution either, especially not for everyone.And just because the imperfect solution of statics exists, doesn't mean another imperfect solution like KP for non statics isn't beneficial to exist simultaneously.

Yes, statics can be hard to build, but there‘s also guilds and discords. You could create one of those with players you deem competent, until you have a community large enough with always ready to do certain content. Not a training raiding/fractal community, but an actual /fractal community with players always at the ready. Maybe it even grows large enough for Anet to notice, so that they spend more ressources.

@Raknar.4735 said:You’re not entitled to play with good players every time, if you don’t build a static. Oh well, I guess it is hard to socialize for some people, they‘d rather blame the boogeyman „toxic casual“ for their own shortcomings.

Absolutely, people aren't entitled to play with good players every time.That doesn't at all mean though that community tools like KP aren't valuable to at least somewhat facilitate the attempted search for that.KP was an (imperfect) community solution to a problem. Removing it doesn't suddenly fix those underlying issues that made the attempted solution emerge in the first place.

Toxicity usually is the result of people with vastly different mindsets, skillsets and expectations clashing. The problem is neither super hardcore players, nor super casual players, not high skilled player nor low skilled players - the problem is each of those groups to each other, and not giving or removing systems for each of those players to play with whom they want to play with.The invention of KP requirements tried to negate that somewhat by allowing people to matchmake based on experience and investment, which while not perfectly accurate at least strongly relates to mindset, skillset and expectations.

What does removing KP exactly fix? Besides players just eventually resorting to more clunky and inconvenient things anyway?

Form a guild or a whole discord community with good players if a static isn‘t reasonable! With enough players running instanced content any time would be no problem. You wouldn‘t have to resort to imperfect solutions then. The new weeklies give even more reason to so so.TTT e.g. does something like this, with players ready to kill TT daily.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Raknar.4735 said:

@"YtseJam.9784" said:Titles are not 100% trustworthy, people can buy those. You need some kind of proof that you can beat them frequently :)

You could just create a static with people you know. 100% trustworthy, and the proof are your past runs with the group.Only like minded players.It‘s not that hard to create your own groups ;)

I can't even recall the amount of statics I've formed or joined over the years anymore, but let's be real, through severe lack of content and massive missteps like the Build "Template" Patch etc. people have been quitting/taking breaks in droves, especially over the last ~2 years or so.Sure I've had statics last for even years for some content at times, and good times they were, but others also barely a month, or even falling apart due to scheduling and such in the first week.And each time that happens, it's back to pugging (or quitting yourself), at least for a while.

Plus some people have different playtimes available from a day to day or week to week basis, which generally just doesn't work for statics at all.

So sure, statics are the best case scenario to play content such as this with, but they aren't an automatic fix or perfect solution either, especially not for everyone.And just because the imperfect solution of statics exists, doesn't mean another imperfect solution like KP for non statics isn't beneficial to exist simultaneously.

Yes, statics can be hard to build, but there‘s also guilds and discords. You could create one of those with players you deem competent, until you have a community large enough with always ready to do certain content. Not a training raiding/fractal community, but an actual /fractal community with players always at the ready. Maybe it even grows large enough for Anet to notice, so that they spend more ressources.

@Raknar.4735 said:You’re not entitled to play with good players every time, if you don’t build a static. Oh well, I guess it is hard to socialize for some people, they‘d rather blame the boogeyman „toxic casual“ for their own shortcomings.

Absolutely, people aren't entitled to play with good players every time.That doesn't at all mean though that community tools like KP aren't valuable to at least somewhat facilitate the attempted search for that.KP was an (imperfect) community solution to a problem. Removing it doesn't suddenly fix those underlying issues that made the attempted solution emerge in the first place.

Toxicity usually is the result of people with vastly different mindsets, skillsets and expectations clashing. The problem is neither super hardcore players, nor super casual players, not high skilled player nor low skilled players - the problem is each of those groups to each other, and not giving or removing systems for each of those players to play with whom they want to play with.The invention of KP requirements tried to negate that somewhat by allowing people to matchmake based on experience and investment, which while not perfectly accurate at least strongly relates to mindset, skillset and expectations.

What does removing KP exactly fix? Besides players just eventually resorting to more clunky and inconvenient things anyway?

Form a guild or a whole discord community with good players if a static isn‘t reasonable! With enough players running instanced content any time would be no problem. You wouldn‘t have to resort to imperfect solutions then. The new weeklies give even more reason to so so.TTT e.g. does something like this, with players ready to kill TT daily.

Yes, thank you for repeating your previous point. But that doesn't address anything I said in response.My point was, I've been there, over and over and over again - and I'm sure if I stick with it I'll be there again with yet another new group/guild.I don't really need to be told that statics and guilds exist as options or how to find/form them, when I just stated that I had plenty of those over the last 8 years, but how they aren't a perfect and always sustained solution either.

But why is the existence and possibility of going for a static group and playtime exclusive with a reasonable way to pug in your eyes?Just because statics are an option doesn't mean LFG needs to be a complete gamble and mess. Why not give players who can't or won't for whatever reason join a static, or just currently don't have one, some at least better tools (like KP) to filter LFG by?

You just haven't made a point for that yet.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Unrelated to op, but related to some other posters:Guess it‘s just easier to complain about „toxic casuals“, even though you would actually never see casuals anywhere near to T4.They‘re just the scapegoat term for some „hardcore“ (LULW) players. Big cope.Hint: The people you are pugging with aren‘t actually casual players, those bad players belong to your same group of „hardcore“ people, you‘re just cannibalizing your own community. Nice job.

There is no binary switch which makes one player casual or hardcore, even if that is the most easy approach by players, of any part of the community, to easily blame and demonize other players. As such, a vast majority of players who play T4 fractals are in fact casual, if performance and ability is used as definition for someone being casual or hardcore.

It would also not matter. The term used is irrelevant. The fact that there is a huge discrepancy even ONLY within T4 tier is the actual issue. Mind you the even bigger discrepancy going higher up into CMs. The fact you treat all players as "hardcore" above a certain skill threshold is just plain insulting. That's like saying every single person with a certain shade of darker skin are all black. Way to put all minority groups into one basket (maybe this analogy will make you realize how toxic your statement is, with real world similarities).

You mean the same way you just now marginalized an entire group of different skilled players as all being "hardcore" and as such "elitist"? How are you not being toxic at this point in time? Doesn't even matter if you consider yourself casual or what ever, toxic is toxic, and that's the exact mentality which others refer to as "toxic casual". Thought I will agree, the added descriptor is not needed. Strait up toxic suffices in this case.

To your entitlement argument: every player has the same right to shape and form the groups they want. If one group of players is not allowed to shape and form their groups, no one is.

So, you didn‘t get my post at all. Nice. I have never said being hardcore is about skill level, not sure where you got that from. Insinuating that is just insulting. What I have said is that some people that use the label „hardcore“ for themselves are being toxic to their own community by calling other people „toxic casuals“, for some reason, thus cannibalizing the instance-going community.

Your blatant misrepresentation of my post and opinion is pretty toxic, straight up toxic.

You never gave a definition for what you define as casual or hardcore, and as such I gave one for how I used the terms. If your definition varied, you are welcome to give that differing one, though it will not change any of the facts that:
  1. the main issue here is difference in player skill, which is present no matter in which content but of significant importance in more challenging content
  2. you still approach this entire issue the same way as other toxic members of either side of the spectrum approach it: as binary "us versus them" and no definition you could give would alleviate your wording here
  3. the terms "casual" and "hardcore" are absolutely insufficient to even remotely give justice to the vast amount of difference in player skill or individual approach to this issue. Which is exactly WHY a crude system like KP is in effect in the first place the way it is handled, because numeric values can distinguish

Hurts when one points out what was actually said, doesn't it? Your wording and approach is part of the problem the community of this game faces, and it does not matter which side of the argument you think you are on.

So you put words into my mouth that were based on your assumptions and shared all your anger based on that? Wow.Maybe you should have asked first before assuming things. That‘s key to conversation. This really is part of the problem of this community.

I didn't assume. There is literally NO definition you can use which would change the wording you used. Which was strait up binary, but nice try to deflect.

Except I‘m not deflecting. You‘re just assuming.

Let's move on. I'm sure you would phrase quite a few things differently in hindsight, given your persistence that any type of definition used could change the wording you used.

I wouldn‘t!

@Raknar.4735 said:Also, just getting a static would fix most of the proplems some people here have. Can’t be that hard to create your own group, can it?

Sure, doesn't this apply to all players? No matter how skilled they are? Couldn't weaker players not also form statics? Does the ability to form a static supersede or benefit a specific group of players?

Yes this applies to everyone,, nowhere have i stated something else. Are you trying to move the goalpost?

So if it aplies to everyone, it is of no value as argument that one type of players should be required to take this step instead of using the LFG. No?

??? Stop moving the goalpost. Creating a static would solve so many problems.

Yes it would, for each and every player. So I fail how suggesting this as solution to part of the player base is any argument. Outside of this suggestion though, everyone has the same right to the LFG and creating the group they desire.

Yeah, every player has the same right to use the LFG. But that‘s the problem, toxic people also will use it. In a static the chance is lowered dramatically.

@Raknar.4735 said:Sure, you have the right do shape your group how you want, but you don‘t have the right to be toxic to others, as simple as that.

I never claimed anyone has a right to be toxic, but that is not what you said now is it? You gave descriptors and lade the blame clearly on a subsection of the payer base. You literally wrote:

I didn‘t say you did claim that? It was just a general statement everyone should agree on: Don‘t be toxic.

Agreed.

That is by far not the same as stating no one should be toxic.

Yeah, I blame the subsection of the player base that calls other people names and is toxic, in this case the term „toxic casual“.I also tell them that not everyone will behave how they want, unless they create a static. So to fix their problems with meeting „toxic casuals“, as they call them, they could simply create a static group.

Okay, that is more understandable, yet this also applies to all players. If players don't want to meet "toxic elitist", they should form a static. In fact they should simply make their own groups. Yet I will yield that even with making personal groups, some cross over of toxic players from any part of the player base might join, but it is a step towards healthier group compositions.

Yes, exactly. That is my point. Just create statics and you won‘t have to deal with people that might be toxic. (Or atleast the chance is way lower)Asum would be an example of someone calling others names with his free use of „toxic casual“

Actually he explains nicely how a specific mindset present in some players creates toxicity. He uses terms like toxic casual and toxic elitist while explaining exactly to which type of player this might apply. In relation to toxic casual, he specifically refers to players who:
  • lack the required experience and/or skill
  • yet still want to get taken along demanding more experienced players do so
  • will likely be just as toxic or even more toxic once they have gained the experience and skill required

In summary: players with egoistical nature.

Being an egoist is unrelated to player skill. His explanation does show though how even non egoistical players, or less egoistical players, will be in favor of gate keeping by simple matter of repetition and time constraints. It's simple really:
  • there are a ton of experienced players helping out on their own terms as often as they can, who still want their smooth runs when they want them.
  • There are a ton of less experienced players willing to learn and progress naturally or find others to teach them, then progress and improve as they play the game.
  • Then finally there are the 2 small subgroups of egoists, often among the most vocal on the forums in demands: in one case, those who demand others take them along far outside their own abilities. In the other case, not willing to extend a helping hand ever when more experienced.

Hint: that last minority is often one and the same type of player, just at a different place in their in-game skill and ability.

His explanation is pretty biased against the players of „lesser skill“ he originally called „toxic casuals“.The term itself is the problem. It insinuates those „toxic casuals“ are all part of the „casual“ playerbase.Being a casual is unrelated to playerskill, though. People that do nothing in the game but raid once a week would be part of the casual playerbase, as they only play GW2 casually. Someone that farms silverwastes 24/7 is hardcore.

It‘s the original problem. What you see and I see as casual and hardcore is completely different. There are pretty much maybe 0.5% of actual hardcore people in this game, the rest is just average. The casuals don‘t play the game much.

Seriously, just create a static and you wouldn‘t have the problem of meeting those „egoistical“ players.

@Asum.4960 said:

Yes, thank you for repeating your previous point. But that doesn't address anything I said in response.My point was, I've been there, over and over and over again - and I'm sure if I stick with it I'll be there again with yet another new group/guild.

But why is the existence and possibility of going for a static group and playtime exclusive with a reasonable way to pug in your eyes?Just because statics are an option doesn't mean LFG needs to be a complete gamble and mess. Why not give players who can't or won't for whatever reason join a static, or just currently don't have one, some at least better tools (like KP) to filter LFG by?

You just haven't made a point for that yet.

Because the best tool to gauge playerskill is already there: socialize and experience how good the players are. And in that way you can form a community. This is an MMORPG, not a single player game. You will have to deal with people. The other players aren‘t simple NPCs.

@Raknar.4735 said:His explanation is pretty biased against the players of „lesser skill“ he originally called „toxic casuals“.The term itself is the problem. It insinuates those „toxic casuals“ are all part of the „casual“ playerbase.Being a casual is unrelated to playerskill, though. People that do nothing in the game but raid once a week would be part of the casual playerbase, as they only play GW2 casually. Someone that farms silverwastes 24/7 is hardcore.

It‘s the original problem. What you see and I see as casual and hardcore is completely different. There are pretty much maybe 0.5% of actual hardcore people in this game, the rest is just average. The casuals don‘t play the game much.

Seriously, just create a static and you wouldn‘t have the problem of meeting those „egoistical“ players.

My post in question you are talking about literally was intended to showcase and illustrate the view point of high skill hard core players and the issues they face.I'm pretty sure I was wearing my bias on my sleeves there, what you want to read into that further is up to you.

Not sure how that invalidates or addresses the points made though. We can fight about semantics all day, but it won't address my call for some simple baseline empathy.Not just for for new players trying to get into the content and the real struggles they face with that, but also for the sizeable non static running hardcore population and their real struggles.

You can shout statics all you want, but that doesn't relate to the argument of KP's and applies to both sides equally as alternative solution, KP or not.I personally think though it shouldn't be the only solution available.

@Raknar.4735 said:Because the best tool to gauge playerskill is already there: socialize and experience how good the players are. And in that was you can form a community. This is an MMORPG, not a single player game. You will have to deal with people.

So you don't have an argument for that, got it.

@Raknar.4735 said:

Unrelated to op, but related to some other posters:Guess it‘s just easier to complain about „toxic casuals“, even though you would actually never see casuals anywhere near to T4.They‘re just the scapegoat term for some „hardcore“ (LULW) players. Big cope.Hint: The people you are pugging with aren‘t actually casual players, those bad players belong to your same group of „hardcore“ people, you‘re just cannibalizing your own community. Nice job.

There is no binary switch which makes one player casual or hardcore, even if that is the most easy approach by players, of any part of the community, to easily blame and demonize other players. As such, a vast majority of players who play T4 fractals are in fact casual, if performance and ability is used as definition for someone being casual or hardcore.

It would also not matter. The term used is irrelevant. The fact that there is a huge discrepancy even ONLY within T4 tier is the actual issue. Mind you the even bigger discrepancy going higher up into CMs. The fact you treat all players as "hardcore" above a certain skill threshold is just plain insulting. That's like saying every single person with a certain shade of darker skin are all black. Way to put all minority groups into one basket (maybe this analogy will make you realize how toxic your statement is, with real world similarities).

You mean the same way you just now marginalized an entire group of different skilled players as all being "hardcore" and as such "elitist"? How are you not being toxic at this point in time? Doesn't even matter if you consider yourself casual or what ever, toxic is toxic, and that's the exact mentality which others refer to as "toxic casual". Thought I will agree, the added descriptor is not needed. Strait up toxic suffices in this case.

To your entitlement argument: every player has the same right to shape and form the groups they want. If one group of players is not allowed to shape and form their groups, no one is.

So, you didn‘t get my post at all. Nice. I have never said being hardcore is about skill level, not sure where you got that from. Insinuating that is just insulting. What I have said is that some people that use the label „hardcore“ for themselves are being toxic to their own community by calling other people „toxic casuals“, for some reason, thus cannibalizing the instance-going community.

Your blatant misrepresentation of my post and opinion is pretty toxic, straight up toxic.

You never gave a definition for what you define as casual or hardcore, and as such I gave one for how I used the terms. If your definition varied, you are welcome to give that differing one, though it will not change any of the facts that:
  1. the main issue here is difference in player skill, which is present no matter in which content but of significant importance in more challenging content
  2. you still approach this entire issue the same way as other toxic members of either side of the spectrum approach it: as binary "us versus them" and no definition you could give would alleviate your wording here
  3. the terms "casual" and "hardcore" are absolutely insufficient to even remotely give justice to the vast amount of difference in player skill or individual approach to this issue. Which is exactly WHY a crude system like KP is in effect in the first place the way it is handled, because numeric values can distinguish

Hurts when one points out what was actually said, doesn't it? Your wording and approach is part of the problem the community of this game faces, and it does not matter which side of the argument you think you are on.

So you put words into my mouth that were based on your assumptions and shared all your anger based on that? Wow.Maybe you should have asked first before assuming things. That‘s key to conversation. This really is part of the problem of this community.

I didn't assume. There is literally NO definition you can use which would change the wording you used. Which was strait up binary, but nice try to deflect.

Let's move on. I'm sure you would phrase quite a few things differently in hindsight, given your persistence that any type of definition used could change the wording you used.

I wouldn‘t!

Suit yourself. In that case I'll just consider your very binary approach into dividing players and selectively putting half of them down as toxic.

@Raknar.4735 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:Also, just getting a static would fix most of the proplems some people here have. Can’t be that hard to create your own group, can it?

Sure, doesn't this apply to all players? No matter how skilled they are? Couldn't weaker players not also form statics? Does the ability to form a static supersede or benefit a specific group of players?

Yes this applies to everyone,, nowhere have i stated something else. Are you trying to move the goalpost?

So if it aplies to everyone, it is of no value as argument that one type of players should be required to take this step instead of using the LFG. No?

Yes it would, for each and every player. So I fail how suggesting this as solution to part of the player base is any argument. Outside of this suggestion though, everyone has the same right to the LFG and creating the group they desire.

Yeah, every player has the same right to use the LFG. But that‘s the problem, toxic people also will use it. In a static the chance is lowered dramatically.

That's again no argument for or against KP. On the contrary, going along this argument, any system in place which reduces toxicity as result of different players meshing, would be benficial.

@Raknar.4735 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:Sure, you have the right do shape your group how you want, but you don‘t have the right to be toxic to others, as simple as that.

I never claimed anyone has a right to be toxic, but that is not what you said now is it? You gave descriptors and lade the blame clearly on a subsection of the payer base. You literally wrote:

I didn‘t say you did claim that? It was just a general statement everyone should agree on: Don‘t be toxic.

Agreed.

Yeah, I blame the subsection of the player base that calls other people names and is toxic, in this case the term „toxic casual“.I also tell them that not everyone will behave how they want, unless they create a static. So to fix their problems with meeting „toxic casuals“, as they call them, they could simply create a static group.

Okay, that is more understandable, yet this also applies to all players. If players don't want to meet "toxic elitist", they should form a static. In fact they should simply make their own groups. Yet I will yield that even with making personal groups, some cross over of toxic players from any part of the player base might join, but it is a step towards healthier group compositions.

Yes, exactly. That is my point. Just create statics and you won‘t have to deal with people that might be toxic. (Or atleast the chance is way lower)Asum would be an example of someone calling others names with his free use of „toxic casual“

Actually he explains nicely how a specific mindset present in some players creates toxicity. He uses terms like toxic casual and toxic elitist while explaining exactly to which type of player this might apply. In relation to toxic casual, he specifically refers to players who:
  • will likely be just as toxic or even more toxic once they have gained the experience and skill required

Being an egoist is unrelated to player skill. His explanation does show though how even non egoistical players, or less egoistical players, will be in favor of gate keeping by simple matter of repetition and time constraints. It's simple really:
  • there are a ton of experienced players helping out on their own terms as often as they can, who still want their smooth runs when they want them.
  • There are a ton of less experienced players willing to learn and progress naturally or find others to teach them, then progress and improve as they play the game.
  • Then finally there are the 2 small subgroups of egoists, often among the most vocal on the forums in demands: in one case, those who demand others take them along far outside their own abilities. In the other case, not willing to extend a helping hand ever when more experienced.

Hint: that last minority is often one and the same type of player, just at a different place in their in-game skill and ability.

His explanation is pretty biased against the players of „lesser skill“ he originally called „toxic casuals“.The term itself is the problem. It insinuates those „toxic casuals“ are all part of the „casual“ playerbase.

Except he clearly defines which part of the player base he means.

@Raknar.4735 said:Being a casual is unrelated to playerskill, though. People that do nothing in the game but raid once a week would be part of the casual playerbase, as they only play GW2 casually. Someone that farms silverwastes 24/7 is hardcore.

Again with the binary approach to define an entire player base. I don't see players as casual or hardcore, and to me it makes no difference. I see as players on dozens of different levels of personal skill, and under that view, the term casual incompasses a lot more than 0.5% of the player base.

@Raknar.4735 said:Seriously, just create a static and you wouldn‘t have the problem of meeting those „egoistical“ players.

I have statics. For both raids and fractals. That does not mean I have to accept bogus arguments why the LFG should be a total mess and unusable by players of each skill level.

@Asum.4960 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:His explanation is pretty biased against the players of „lesser skill“ he originally called „toxic casuals“.The term itself is the problem. It insinuates those „toxic casuals“ are all part of the „casual“ playerbase.Being a casual is unrelated to playerskill, though. People that do nothing in the game but raid once a week would be part of the casual playerbase, as they only play GW2 casually. Someone that farms silverwastes 24/7 is hardcore.

My post in question you are talking about literally was intended to showcase and illustrate the view point of high skill hard core players and the issues they face.I'm pretty sure I was wearing my bias on my sleeves there, what you want to read into that further is up to you.

Not sure how that invalidates or addresses the points made though. We can fight about semantics all day, but it won't address my call for some simple baseline empathy.Not just for for new players trying to get into the content and the real struggles they face with that, but also for the sizeable non static running hardcore population and their real struggles.

You can shout statics all you want, but that doesn't relate to the argument of KP's and applies to both sides equally as alternative solution, KP or not.

@Raknar.4735 said:Because the best tool to gauge playerskill is already there: socialize and experience how good the players are. And in that was you can form a community. This is an MMORPG, not a single player game. You will have to deal with people.

So you don‘t want to discuss, k. It‘s probably why you‘d rather use KPs instead of build actual strong relationships to form statics. MMMORPG communities nowadays.

@Raknar.4735 said:

You can shout statics all you want, but that doesn't relate to the argument of KP's and applies to both sides equally as alternative solution, KP or not.

So you don‘t want to discuss, k. It‘s probably why you‘d rather use KPs instead of build actual strong relationships to form statics. MMMORPG communities nowadays.

You are straight up gaslighting a strawman right now, arguing completely besides the point without addressing or providing a single argument to the discussion of KP at hand.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

I wouldn‘t!

Suit yourself. In that case I'll just consider your very binary approach into dividing players and selectively putting half of them down as toxic.

Can‘t be any more toxic than your assumptions about me making racist remarks based on your definition of terms /shrug

That's again no argument for or against KP. On the contrary, going along this argument, any system in place which reduces toxicity as result of different players meshing, would be benficial.

Sure, guilds and statics are a good start for the different players meshing thing. Just create your own statics!

Agreed.

His explanation is pretty biased against the players of „lesser skill“ he originally called „toxic casuals“.The term itself is the problem. It insinuates those „toxic casuals“ are all part of the „casual“ playerbase.

Your respone mentioned many types of toxic people, yet he only talked about one. So yes, it is very biased.

@Raknar.4735 said:Being a casual is unrelated to playerskill, though. People that do nothing in the game but raid once a week would be part of the casual playerbase, as they only play GW2 casually. Someone that farms silverwastes 24/7 is hardcore.

Again with the binary approach to define an entire player base. I don't see players as casual or hardcore, and to me it makes no difference. I see as players on dozens of different levels of personal skill, and under that view, the term casual incompasses a lot more than 0.5% of the player base.

Yeah, you’re still assuming this „binary“ thing i never mentioned, don‘t see them as binary, either. It‘s like a bell curve.Most people are average. Casuals and hardcore people are not that big of a population. Never said casuals only ecompass 0.5%, that was only for the actual hardcore people.

@Raknar.4735 said:Seriously, just create a static and you wouldn‘t have the problem of meeting those „egoistical“ players.

I have statics. For both raids and fractals. That does not mean I have to accept bogus arguments why the LFG should be a total mess and unusable by players of each skill level.

Good that you have statics! The LFG is usable by players of all skill levels, isn‘t that the problem? Just create a community of people with the skill level you want. Socialize, this is an MMORPG, not a singleplayer game!

@Asum.4960 said:

You are straight up gaslighting a strawman right now, arguing completely besides the point without addressing or providing a single argument to the discussion of KP at hand.

Wrong, you‘re moving the goalpost. My argument is to simply create a static and you wouldn‘t meet players you don‘t want to meet every week.That way you don‘t need KP. OP was looking for a way that is 100% trustworthy. Statics are the way.The systems are already in place, xou just have to use them.

Edit: last post for now, got to get some sleep, cya tomorrow ;D

@Raknar.4735 said:

Wrong, you‘re moving the goalpost. My argument is to simply create a static and you wouldn‘t meet players you don‘t want to meet every week.That way you don‘t need KP. OP was looking for a way that is 100% trustworthy. Statics are the way.

I agreed with you on numerous occasions how statics are a good solution that exists, but stating how they also aren't perfect and don't suit everybody at every time.Without ever addressing any of those concerns, or even making a point relating to KP, you just keep repeating your original point about statics existing as possible solution.

Indeed they do, so what? Why can't other alternatives exist?

I've literally stated in responses to you how I've had many, many statics over the years, hell my last (raid) static for roughly 3 years broke down just 2 weeks ago.Now suddenly you are accusing me of refusing to form a static and relationships and fabricating/inserting false intentions into what I said through your own personal bias, while accusing me of having one (even though I clarified the meaning of my post and wearing the bias and point of view it was meant to illustrate on my sleeve), to even painting me as example of the problem/sorry state of modern day MMO communities.

Do you really not see how you are missing the point and being fairly toxic and manipulative, or at the very least dishonest here?

The discussion at hand was the merit of KP as well as possible replacements of that kind (aka. beyond just a static, specifically for LFG), while you, failing arguments, are trying to move the goalpost by repeatedly shouting "statics", without addressing any critic levied at that.

Even as someone highly favouring and encouraging statics myself, that "Static or GTFO" mentality is nonsense and LFG can still be a valuable tool besides that.

@Asum.4960 said:

Wrong, you‘re moving the goalpost. My argument is to simply create a static and you wouldn‘t meet players you don‘t want to meet every week.That way you don‘t need KP. OP was looking for a way that is 100% trustworthy. Statics are the way.

I agreed with you on numerous occasions how statics are a good solution that exists, but stating how they also aren't perfect and don't suit everybody at every time.Without ever addressing any of those concerns, or even making a point relating to KP, you just keep repeating your original point about statics existing as possible solution.

Indeed they do, so what? Why can't other alternatives exist?

I've literally stated in responses to you how I've had many, many statics over the years.Now suddenly you are accusing me of refusing to form a static and relationships and fabricating/inserting false intentions into what I said through your own personal bias, while accusing me of having one (even though I clarified the meaning of my post and wearing the bias and point of view it was meant to illustrate on my sleeve), to even painting me as example of the problem/sorry state of modern day MMO communities.

Do you really not see how you are missing the point and being fairly toxic and manipulative, or at the very least dishonest here?

The discussion at hand was the merit of KP as well as possible replacements of that kind (aka. beyond just a static, specifically for LFG), while you, failing arguments, are trying to move the goalpost by repeatedly shouting "statics", without addressing any critic levied at that.

One last response, because yours came pretty quick before I head to sleep.

I've also mentioned other alternatives besides statics: guilds, discord communities you could create with similiar thinking people. You ignored them.

I'm not fabricating anything, your response "you don't have a argument" came off as brash and non inviting, as well as completely ignoring my other arguments. I deduced if that's the way you talk to others, it is only reasonable to assume that other's wouldn't like that.Describing yourself as a high-skilled hardcore player (even though I'm not sure if you fit into that category, since most hardcore players I know are static players, like Snow Crows e.g.), won't bring you any simpathy points from me. Escpecially since you make it sound like you're the victim of "new" players or "lesser skilled" players. Like, just don't group up with them and find a static or a community of worthy individuals?

KPs are just like Gearscore in WoW, where players aren't players anymore, but just simple NPCs with numbers on them. This has been a problem of newer MMORPG communities. I won't treat anyone as just a number.

The only toxic things I've seen here is your original post that classified some individuals as "toxic casuals" (which you have edited by now, but it still is kind of off), and Cyninja's assumptions about my use of the words hardcore and casual, that for some reason turned into a race-based argument in his head (sorry, not sure about pronoun, correct me please if i'm wrong).

The original discussion was OP wanting to be able to link KP from the wallet, since titles weren't 100% reliable, since they could be bought.Statics solve that problem. You were the one that closed off any communication by ignoring my arguments about guilds and communities, solutions that are beyond a static.

Don't think i'm going to answer again, you seem to be closed off to solutions that aren't to your liking, atleast in this discussion.

@Raknar.4735 said:

I wouldn‘t!

Can‘t be any more toxic than your assumptions about me making racist remarks based on your definition of terms /shrug

I merely showed how your continued wording and approach in dealing with this issue relates to real life issues. Sorry you are unhappy facing your own biases.

@Raknar.4735 said:

Sure, guilds and statics are a good start for the different players meshing thing. Just create your own statics!

Great, and for any one else, they have the same freedom to use and access the LFG. We are in agreement.

@Raknar.4735 said:

Agreed.

Your respone mentioned many types of toxic people, yet he only talked about one. So yes, it is very biased.

Yeah, you’re still assuming this „binary“ thing i never mentioned, don‘t see them as binary, either. It‘s like a bell curve.Most people are average. Casuals and hardcore people are not that big of a population. Never said casuals only ecompass 0.5%, that was only for the actual hardcore people.

Exactly, and I don't consider the top 0.5% of that bellcurve as hardcore. I also don't consider player divided into hardcore, avergae and casual (which you again fail to define what you mean and by what metric? Are you talking player skill? Playtime hours?) You are just throwing around buzzwords at this point.

My point stands:Players of similar skill want to play together and peoblems arise the bigger the gap. The terminology used which portrais these players as belonging to one of 2 or 3 groups is divisive and toxic and lacks any depth or substance to actually grasp the issue and problem here.

@Raknar.4735 said:

Good that you have statics! The LFG is usable by players of all skill levels, isn‘t that the problem? Just create a community of people with the skill level you want. Socialize, this is an MMORPG, not a singleplayer game!

No, I think it's great that the LFG is accessible by everyone. That's not a problem, that's a benefit. The problem arise when the LFG is misused or meets it's limitations, which so far was solved via crude player found solutions. One of which was KP.

Exchanging UCE for UFE should not have been a choice. It should've been a forced exchange on all accounts at release. The situation there is right now will cause a rift in the Fractal community. There are those that exchanged their KP and now can't join a lot of LFG groups anymore who are still asking for a few hundred UCE. People who are starting to get into Fractals from now on will have no KP to show, ever. And if the old groups keep their UCE and keep using it in their LFG's, you will basically get 2 Fractal communities: the ones who did CM's before Sunqua Peak was released, and the ones who started doing CM's after its release. I don't see how that's a tennable situation in the long run.

@Raknar.4735 said:I've also mentioned other alternatives besides statics: guilds, discord communities you could create with similiar thinking people. You ignored them.

I didn't. They follow the line on non-lfg based solutions which wasn't the topic at hand, which I do feel like have merit as well in addition to static or semi static groups such as guilds and discord communities, all of which I'm part of, or in some cases was until recently part of - and of which I agreed on multiple occasions to be the superior way to experience this type of content over all.

But, for the 5th(?) time, I just don't think they should be the only viable way to select players as they aren't a reasonable option for everybody at all times due to a variety of reasons.

Statics and semi-statics existing as superior solutions to LFG/pugging does not disqualify the existence of other LFG-bases tools to select players.That was the point of contention, which you glossed over again and again and again.

@Raknar.4735 said:I'm not fabricating anything, your response "you don't have a argument" came off as brash and non inviting, as well as completely ignoring my other arguments. I deduced if that's the way you talk to others, it is only reasonable to assume that other's wouldn't like that.

Considering you ignored my points to just answer "static" and making unfavourable and false assumption about myself repeatedly, I felt it appropriate to assume you simply didn't have any arguments or interest in the actual discussion at hand.

@Raknar.4735 said:Describing yourself as a high-skilled hardcore player (even though I'm not sure if you fit into that category, since most hardcore players I know are static players, like Snow Crows e.g.), won't bring you any simpathy points from me.

That was hardly a focus point of anything I said, nor was I fishing for any sympathy. And again, you can keep your assumptions/implications about my character. Besides me having stated, also for the about 5th time now, that I have been indeed part of Fractal and Raiding statics for many years now.I don't know why you repeatedly ignore that besides it not fitting into your strawman/narrative you have build on me.

@Raknar.4735 said:Escpecially since you make it sound like you're the victim of "new" players or "lesser skilled" players. Like, just don't group up with them and find a static or a community of worthy individuals?

I didn't present myself as victim. I simply stated that both low and high skilled players utilising LFG to group up, which is a significant portion of the community playing that content, suffers if they are not given the tools to find each other, and them and their expectations clashing being a leading cause of toxicity.

I'm not sure how you got from that that I was boasting about being highly skilled (or whatever you were trying to insinuate by highlighting that as point) or that I see myself as victim by proposing to empathise with both sides and giving each player an LFG-based solution to find the people they actually want to play with.

I myself indeed highly favour statics, as repeatedly stated.

@Raknar.4735 said:KPs are just like Gearscore in WoW, where players aren't players anymore, but just simple NPCs with numbers on them. This has been a problem of newer MMORPG communities. I won't treat anyone as just a number.

..okay? I won't treat anyone as a number either, but I do think a number representing the amount of experience someone has in the content that I'm looking for players for is quite valuable. Not sure how we go straight to dehumanisation from there.

@Raknar.4735 said:The only toxic things I've seen here is your original post that classified some individuals as "toxic casuals" (which you have edited by now, but it still is kind of off), and Cyninja's assumptions about my use of the words hardcore and casual, that for some reason turned into a race-based argument in his head (sorry, not sure about pronoun, correct me please if i'm wrong).

What is toxic about calling toxic people who happen to be casuals toxic casuals? Are you saying that type of player doesn't exists?I don't want to fight about semantics and how to define casual or hardcore again (and I didn't edit any meaning), but I think it's fairly indisputable that toxicity exists on both sides of the spectrum.I made it clear in that post that I was talking about the perspective of a hardcore player, so that (and the issues from that PoV) was what the post was about.

I also feel like you missed Cyninja's point there, along with most others.

@Raknar.4735 said:The original discussion was OP wanting to be able to link KP from the wallet, since titles weren't 100% reliable, since they could be bought.Statics solve that problem. You were the one that closed off any communication by ignoring my arguments about guilds and communities, solutions that are beyond a static.

Don't think i'm going to answer again, you seem to be closed off to solutions that aren't to your liking, atleast in this discussion.

Again, these things aren't a direct solution to LFG-based grouping which is what KP or KP replacements/wallet based solutions are about. Quite the opposite.

Yes, statics and semi-statics are the superior way to experience hardcore content - but those solutions aren't always available or sustainable.There is an LFG as different way of grouping for a reason. Why not make/keep it useful?

That was the argument, which I repeatedly tried to bring you back to.I didn't ignore your arguments about statics and semi-statics, I was discussing LFG-based solutions akin to KP - which you closed yourself completely off to by just restating Static and semi-static options existing, and then painting me as someone unknowing of or unwilling for that option, despite me repeatedly stating being and having been part of such things.

I really don't know what to tell you anymore or how to make that any clearer.

I'm not ignoring your points about statics and semi-statics. I'm myself an advocate for them, I am and have been part of many of them. The vast majority of my playtime over the last 5+ years has been as part of statics.And still, we are discussing LFG-based group finding solutions here.

The only reason any form of gatekeeping is even needed in the game is due to how entitled, disrespectful and dishonest this community is. I mean, if players were honest about their own abilities and had a sliver of respect for other people around them, by honoring their LFG requests, we wouldn't need KP or anything similar to that.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:People who are starting to get into Fractals from now on will have no KP to show, ever. And if the old groups keep their UCE and keep using it in their LFG's, you will basically get 2 Fractal communities: the ones who did CM's before Sunqua Peak was released, and the ones who started doing CM's after its release.you still can buy KP from UFE. This is Celestial Infusions (Red). Ping more that 20 - and you a welcome to any cm fractal group without any UCE

@maddoctor.2738 said:The only reason any form of gatekeeping is even needed in the game is due to how entitled, disrespectful and dishonest this community is. I mean, if players were honest about their own abilities and had a sliver of respect for other people around them, by honoring their LFG requests, we wouldn't need KP or anything similar to that.

It doesn't always have to do with respect. Some people just don't realise they're missing some vital mechanic, or are just not performing on the level others ask.

I'm pretty sure asking for "kill proof" is a kind of discrimination and ANet do not support discriminations. Whether players use "kill proof" on a regular basis since years or not, probably don't change the position of the devveloppers on that point.

Thus they probably won't satisfy the OP's plea.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:I'm pretty sure asking for "kill proof" is a kind of discrimination and ANet do not support discriminations. Whether players use "kill proof" on a regular basis since years or not, probably don't change the position of the devveloppers on that point.

Its not discrimination. Its not Inclusive at best.Please dont Overuse words like harresment, discimination, etc. because they already lost enough meaning and Thats hurting the „real fight“

@lare.5129 said:

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:People who are starting to get into Fractals from now on will have no KP to show, ever. And if the old groups keep their UCE and keep using it in their LFG's, you will basically get 2 Fractal communities: the ones who did CM's before Sunqua Peak was released, and the ones who started doing CM's after its release.you still can buy KP from UFE. This is Celestial Infusions (Red). Ping more that 20 - and you a welcome to any cm fractal group without any UCE

Spending currency and matrices on accountbound items (multiples even) you don't want? That's your idea of KP? That's about the most ludicrous idea I've heard. There's a new weapon set I'd much rather complete. And my matrices go towards stat infusions. I'm also sure I'm not the only one.

Any other brilliant ideas for gatekeeping?

@sigur.9453 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:I'm pretty sure asking for "kill proof" is a kind of discrimination and ANet do not support discriminations. Whether players use "kill proof" on a regular basis since years or not, probably don't change the position of the devveloppers on that point.

Its not discrimination. Its not Inclusive at best.Please dont Overuse words like harresment, discimination, etc. because they already lost enough meaning and Thats hurting the „real fight“

I'm sorry but whether you like it or not it's a factor of discrimination.

Discrimination is also prejudice against people and a refusal to give them their rights. cambridge dictionnary

The right of each player in the game is to be able to play whatever they want through the whole content (after all they've paid for it). Asking for "kill proof" or "meta builds" in order to allow someone into a group/raid go against those rights and thus is a form of discrimination.

Understand that if you let slide discrimination in a game because it's convenient, nothing will prevent from doing the same in real life. Harrasment in game exist and I garanty you that it's not an overused word, it probably is even be underused. And discrimination from players to players are everywhere. You're already willing to let it slide by understating it, what's next? Will you deny a job irl to a potentially very qualified person because he got tatoos and say that "it's not discrimination, at best it's just non inclusive"? You sure will have your mind free of guilt because it doesn't "hurt the real fight".

It's a mistake to think that focusing on a single kind of discrimination you'll fix it. To fix discriminations you have to make people have the habit to not discriminate against anything. You have to make people be open minded in any situation and in front of anyone. Asking for kill proof here just make you suspicious of the player's capacities, your approach of the player isn't openminded, it's narrow minded and, well, exclusive. You are judging the player at what it can show you, in short, it's look.

For all those reasons, It's not to ANet's ethic benefits to help players show "kill proofs". The only result that it can lead to is some players being shuned for lack of "proofs". Which often lead to a post in this forum asking if it's really ok to have been kicked out of a group, refused based on profession played... etc.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:I'm sorry but whether you like it or not it's a factor of discrimination.

Discrimination is also prejudice against people and a refusal to give them their rights.
cambridge dictionnary

Discrimination is about treating people differently based on external/irrelevant criteria. The way you are forming your argument is that when a hospital creates a new job opening for a doctor, they discriminate against all people that do not own a doctor degree.

The right of each player in the game is to be able to play whatever they want through the whole content (after all they've paid for it). Asking for "kill proof" or "meta builds" in order to allow someone into a group/raid go against those rights and thus is a form of discrimination.

Only nobody has ANY right on any other person's time, that's a rather fundamental rule that you are missing. That's not discrimination, that's avoiding exploitation and abuse, other players are not slaves to do whatever anyone else asks of them. Always remember, one person's rights end when another person's rights begin.

@"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:Spending currency and matrices on accountbound items (multiples even) you don't want?yes, spend part account bound currency and small amount matrix for that.

That's your idea of KP?not my, but sometimes people link it, and I and others accept it.

There's a new weapon set I'd much rather complete.new wep set complete per short time. It not some magic big value.

Any other brilliant ideas for gatekeeping?personal I use https://killproof.me/proof/75VK