closed due to lack of interest

BnooMaGoo.5690

@"Sodeni.6041" said:I really don't know how people can struggle at this "boss". I remember killing him first try when PoF came out (he was stronger back then) and I even got the fast kill achievement first try with my exo condi gear staff/axe/torch mirage. Nothing special imo?

Same tbh, I don't get how people struggle at things at all. Just do the thing.Like, why do people struggle at Souls games? Just beat them. It's that easy.I can beat them easily on SL1 runs, so why can't they?How do people still wipe and struggle at raid bosses? My static from back in the day did them easily.How do you even fail a mechanic? Just do the mechanic, it's that simple.How do people fall down in jumping puzzles? It's just jumping, can't they press spacebar?How do people still struggle at Classic Onyxia in WoW, when you can kill her with a fully naked group without world buffs?Nothing special imo.

@Raknar.4735 said:

@"Sodeni.6041" said:I really don't know how people can struggle at this "boss". I remember killing him first try when PoF came out (he was stronger back then) and I even got the fast kill achievement first try with my exo condi gear staff/axe/torch mirage. Nothing special imo?

Same tbh, I don't get how people struggle at things at all. Just do the thing.Like, why do people struggle at Souls games? Just beat them. It's that easy.I can beat them easily on SL1 runs, so why can't they?How do people still wipe and struggle at raid bosses? My static from back in the day did them easily.How do you even fail a mechanic? Just do the mechanic, it's that simple.How do people fall down in jumping puzzles? It's just jumping, can't they press spacebar?How do people still struggle at Classic Onyxia in WoW, when you can kill her with a fully naked group without world buffs?Nothing special imo.

Don't compare a normal boss from a story instance to a raid boss or something like that. I killed him within a minute I think with just spamming skills but well.

Because not everyone has the same skill level as you do. Some people don't pick up on the mechanics quickly. I am one of those people in most instances. This was the first mission that I ran into where not doing the mechanic made the mission way more difficult. I've still not fully committed my CC skills to memory. At the original state, I could not get off enough CC fast enough to break the bar.

I also have no problem with missions that have such difficulty.

@Sodeni.6041 said:

@Sodeni.6041 said:I really don't know how people can struggle at this "boss". I remember killing him first try when PoF came out (he was stronger back then) and I even got the fast kill achievement first try with my exo condi gear staff/axe/torch mirage. Nothing special imo?

Don't compare a normal boss from a story instance to a raid boss or something like that. I killed him within a minute I think with just spamming skills but well.

Well, then don't compare your ability to play games to others. It's that easy!

No one cares about being popular here. Honestly if getting the answer literally handed to you in video form can't help you, then I'm not sure what will. You have not articulated in any fashion why the strategies provided by people in this thread are not useful. We are not here to agree with you. You presented an idea that is clearly way below the status quo for difficulty and are receiving the well expected disagreement.

no one eh? you speak for everyone it seemsI gave up for the most part after the first couple of responses that amounted to get goodI can't understand things for you in the same way as you can't play the game for me?

It is one of the rare enemies in the game that can heal. I can only think of two others. The vampire bat HP and the dwayna boss in Arah p4.

If not for that then you could easily do this fight as long as your DPS is greater than 0.

Confusion/torment is also a bit of a hit or miss thing. In this case the enemy both uses a decent amount of skill(each tick of Inhale should trigger confusion) and moves around which is perfect for those two conditions. On the other hand even a full magi tempest fully specc'ed for healing would only need 2-3 minutes so it still comes back to not letting it heal. If it is allowed to heal then its effective HP is infinite.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

It is one of the rare enemies in the game that can heal. I can only think of two others. The vampire bat HP and the dwayna boss in Arah p4.

If not for that then you could easily do this fight as long as your DPS is greater than 0.

Confusion/torment is also a bit of a hit or miss thing. In this case the enemy both uses a decent amount of skill(each tick of Inhale should trigger confusion) and moves around which is perfect for those two conditions. On the other hand even a full magi tempest fully specc'ed for healing would only need 2-3 minutes so it still comes back to not letting it heal. If it is allowed to heal then its effective HP is infinite.

The Muckstalker bounty is another enemy that heals. Needless to say that bounty usually fails.

@Seera.5916 said:

Because not everyone has the same skill level as you do. Some people don't pick up on the mechanics quickly. I am one of those people in most instances. This was the first mission that I ran into where not doing the mechanic made the mission way more difficult. I've still not fully committed my CC skills to memory. At the original state, I could not get off enough CC fast enough to break the bar.

I also have no problem with missions that have such difficulty.

To be fair I didn't remember any mechanics. I just kept spamming my damage skills and he was dead pretty easily with my mirage not even maxed out.

@"Dante.1508" said:https://imgur.com/0eblVnPYesterday on my Revenant.. Couldn't change to my hammer due to the story blocking my inventory, so i was stuck on melee.. I know how this works and he still killed me.. one attack took 20k hp then he dragged me in to be killed... 20k hit points in one hit.

Unless they changed things, you should still be able to access the hero panel and can swap out items that are in your inventory and now the equipment templates.

You would obviously have to get far enough away to get out of combat or wait until he kills you to do it.

@Shikaru.7618 said:

@"BnooMaGoo.5690" said:I reread all the responses to this post just for the heckuvit.I also thought about deleting all of my comments including the topic itself by editing to nothingness.I pay to play this game but I don't pay to police these forums or make sure people treat my participation in them fairly through checks and balances, thumbs up or helpful points added or subtractions because someone got their feelings hurt.Getting badges or more stars beside my "name" is akin to a social credit system favoured by some governments (hello China) but not my cup of tea.They usually lead to little more than popularity contests on these forums as well as a skewed definition of what Arenanet themselves describe as "lively conversation".Seeing a video of someone easily beat something I have difficulty with along with their commentary on their opinion of my lacks or whatever isn't really helpful to me or does it address what I was talking aboutbut it might score points with the choir

No one cares about being popular here. Honestly if getting the answer literally handed to you in video form can't help you, then I'm not sure what will. You have not articulated in any fashion why the strategies provided by people in this thread are not useful. We are not here to agree with you. You presented an idea that is clearly way below the status quo for difficulty and are receiving the well expected disagreement.

seeing a video doesnt magically give you the same skills. and isnt the first thread about this fight either.some classes can literally do it without breaking a sweat, while others are almost impossible.this is obviously one of the worst STORY bosses in the entire universe

There was no skill needed. I auto attacked for 90% of the video. It was also done while being severely undergeared on the exact same class the op was using.

so why couldnt he do it with a BETTER toon? think really hard about the answer...

@Ultramex.1506 said:

@"battledrone.8315" said:so why couldnt he do it with a BETTER toon? think really hard about the answer...

Maybe just maybe.... its because he lacks the skill? Which lead to the conclusion this is the player's fault not the boss. Didn't think of that, did you Sherlock?I stopped doing stories on multiple classes due to unskippable dialogue , but after seeing these "players" complain about the boss fight because of their failure to learn, make me want to continue.

@"battledrone.8315" said:so why couldnt he do it with a BETTER toon? think really hard about the answer...

Maybe just maybe.... its because he lacks the skill? Which lead to the conclusion this is the player's fault not the boss. Didn't think of that, did you Sherlock?I stopped doing stories on multiple classes due to unskippable dialogue , but after seeing these "players" complain about the boss fight because of their failure to learn, make me want to continue.

yep, but shikaru claimed, that it wasnt about skills.

@Shikaru.7618 said:

@"BnooMaGoo.5690" said:I reread all the responses to this post just for the heckuvit.I also thought about deleting all of my comments including the topic itself by editing to nothingness.I pay to play this game but I don't pay to police these forums or make sure people treat my participation in them fairly through checks and balances, thumbs up or helpful points added or subtractions because someone got their feelings hurt.Getting badges or more stars beside my "name" is akin to a social credit system favoured by some governments (hello China) but not my cup of tea.They usually lead to little more than popularity contests on these forums as well as a skewed definition of what Arenanet themselves describe as "lively conversation".Seeing a video of someone easily beat something I have difficulty with along with their commentary on their opinion of my lacks or whatever isn't really helpful to me or does it address what I was talking aboutbut it might score points with the choir

seeing a video doesnt magically give you the same skills. and isnt the first thread about this fight either.some classes can literally do it without breaking a sweat, while others are almost impossible.this is obviously one of the worst STORY bosses in the entire universe

There was no skill needed. I auto attacked for 90% of the video. It was also done while being severely undergeared on the exact same class the op was using.

so why couldnt he do it with a BETTER toon? think really hard about the answer...

No need to ponder the answer. They couldn't do the bare minimum of even auto attacking. That's not the bar we should be balancing the game around.

auto attack is a SKILL too, if you want to be pedantic about it. it is usually the first button on the SKILL BAR after allnice try BTW. but its about PLAYER skills, not CHARACTER skills

@battledrone.8315 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:so why couldnt he do it with a BETTER toon? think really hard about the answer...

@battledrone.8315 said:so why couldnt he do it with a BETTER toon? think really hard about the answer...

yep, but shikaru claimed, that it wasnt about skills.

Well there is skill, as in either break the bar or move out of range. You know what? OP should just post his/her vid so we can see what went wrong

Personally as a very casual player who only ever did pof once, (and on a spellbreaker while at it) I do not aggree with OP assesment that design of soul eater fight was all that bad. He only had one trick up his sleeve, trick was telegraphed, can be countered in multiple ways (CC breakbar, move outside of it's range, it's quite short, and is blockable). Claiming that this sort of mechanics belong to the fractals is misplaced, this is no where near the level of fractals. Level 1 fractal have way more mechanics already.

Balthazar fight preceeding it, well I'd presume that if you died to early, aurene wouldn't get time to try to save your butt and get captured right?

The only forced fail that I had issues with so far (but bear in mind I didn't do the latest half of icebrood saga just yet, didn't really have time to sit to it) was All for Nothing boss fight. Very nice believable boss fight which you technically win, only to get a cutscene that doesn't really fit all that much of fight continuity that tells you that no, actually, you lost. Just after blowing up stackes and urgency right through the roof while making the fight completely fail to address them, for the sake of 5 minute fake feel of the loss because "we can't just succeed every time". But at this point it's just season 4 bad writing issue, not necesarily fight design on it's own (altho mismatch between fight design and the story around it was a big deal there).

Well one hope I have in that regard is that AN have learned it's lessons and won't repeat same mistakes with rest of icebrood saga/EoD

EDIT:

Because when the boss attacks me i must wait three to six seconds after pressing the dodge or CC button while the network crosses the pacific ocean twice before my character moves or attacks..

to be fair in here, if you really had persistent lag delay this long on normal gameplay (3-6s) (which I kind of doubt is a case) I salute you for persistence of playing virtually unplayable. 3-6 seconds is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge lag.

also for the note of player skills or lack of thereoff. I mean if one can't execute a strategy involving auto-attacking and moving away as soon as breakbar shows up, then I have no idea how such person managed to execute much more complex strategy of "autoattack and dodge red circles" required to even get to that fight in the first place.

@battledrone.8315 said:

No need to ponder the answer. They couldn't do the bare minimum of even auto attacking. That's not the bar we should be balancing the game around.

auto attack is a SKILL too, if you want to be pedantic about it. it is usually the first button on the SKILL BAR after allnice try BTW. but its about PLAYER skills, not CHARACTER skills

That's right. Story episodes are designed to challenge the average player. This means that some players will struggle with it while others can win with both arms tied behind their back.

@Seera.5916 said:

@"Dante.1508" said:
Yesterday on my Revenant.. Couldn't change to my hammer due to the story blocking my inventory, so i was stuck on melee.. I know how this works and he still killed me.. one attack took 20k hp then he dragged me in to be killed... 20k hit points in one hit.

Unless they changed things, you should still be able to access the hero panel and can swap out items that are in your inventory and now the equipment templates.

You would obviously have to get far enough away to get out of combat or wait until he kills you to do it.

I couldn't tried to open my stuff the whole time i thought towards the end i'd be able to but even running up to the Eater of Souls my panels would not open and i'd get a red message across my screen saying its disabled.

@"Dante.1508" said:https://imgur.com/0eblVnPYesterday on my Revenant.. Couldn't change to my hammer due to the story blocking my inventory, so i was stuck on melee.. I know how this works and he still killed me.. one attack took 20k hp then he dragged me in to be killed... 20k hit points in one hit.

I find that reaper necromancer is one of the easier PvE professions to play with, so if you have one everything in PvE will be a lot easier when playing with it. Warrior is probably one of the worser professions right now especially when using a ranged weapon so everything may seem harder.

@"BnooMaGoo.5690" said:Why bother responding to rub my nose in whatever? These forums are a bit a joke.PS don't you need to finish PoF to unlock skimmer underwater

shrugs for the "elitist just get good" critics

Then what exactly is the point of this thread? You post on a public forum and then complain that someone dare responding what they think about it? Then don't post anything and opt for a private diary. Just reread your first post, you didn't ask for anything, you just made a thread as if it's your personal blog: "content too hard for me, will I ever finish it? Nobody knows. Thanks for reading, bye".

And about your next posts: the design isn't bad just because some people managed to not complete the content on their first try. If someone repeatedly fails at completing the story mode then they fail at basics of the game and need to improve, that's all.

• Confused 1

this may come as a shock to you, but other people arent YOU. and the game needs more than one player to survive.this is the nth thread about this particular boss. something is clearly wrong

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

That's right. Story episodes are designed to challenge the average player. This means that some players will struggle with it while others can win with both arms tied behind their back.

and im telling you, that the average player dont even WANT this kind of challenge.and the fact that this boss is so poorly balanced for some classes is also a huge problemthere is a word for this kind of of content, and it isnt flatteringbut i guess they are fine with running their own game into the groundmaybe they are tired of the job, and just want out

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"BnooMaGoo.5690" said:Why bother responding to rub my nose in whatever? These forums are a bit a joke.PS don't you need to finish PoF to unlock skimmer underwater

shrugs for the "elitist just get good" critics

Then what exactly is the point of this thread? You post on a public forum and then complain that someone dare responding what they think about it? Then don't post anything and opt for a private diary. Just reread your first post, you didn't ask for anything, you just made a thread as if it's your personal blog: "content too hard for me, will I ever finish it? Nobody knows. Thanks for reading, bye".

And about your next posts: the design isn't bad just because some people managed to not complete the content on their first try. If someone repeatedly fails at completing the story mode then they fail at basics of the game and need to improve, that's all.

yea, thats right, people change all the time. its not like their personality or skillsets mean anything.and since this is the only mmo on the market, i guess they are stuck here forever. tough luck cookie

@"battledrone.8315" said:dont need a video for that, this is a difficulty spike. they were invented for the old arcade games to suck quarters out of kids pocketsthe only reason to put them into a bought game is to stretch the content. alternatively, they dont have a clue, what theyre doing.take your pick

It's not a difficulty spike.

Some fights that you would have already experienced to get here, if you followed the order of the story as it's available now:Mouth of ZhaitanVorpp (in "Meeting the Asura")MordremothCaduceusLazarusHerald of Balthazar (2x)Balthazar