Rifle

White Kitsunee.4620

There's plenty more weapons that have no directly corresponding traits - hammer, sword on engi, greatsword on reaper. I think I recall ANet saying they want to remove those, but then kinda stopped doing that? I might be wrong on that one.Rifle went through a rocky path and unfortunately is next to useless at the moment - nerf of damage in general, LoS requirement for rifle3, the weird story of rifle2. It definitely needs a buff now, hopefully in a way to open some builds for core engineer too.One of the buffs that might be coming in a near future is removal of self-CC on rifle4.

@"Samug.6512" said:There's plenty more weapons that have no directly corresponding traits - hammer, sword on engi, greatsword on reaper. I think I recall ANet saying they want to remove those, but then kinda stopped doing that? I might be wrong on that one.Rifle went through a rocky path and unfortunately is next to useless at the moment - nerf of damage in general, LoS requirement for rifle3, the weird story of rifle2. It definitely needs a buff now, hopefully in a way to open some builds for core engineer too.One of the buffs that might be coming in a near future is removal of self-CC on rifle4.

Anet didn't exactly want to remove these traits, they stated that they want to change the traits so that they have value even without the associated weapon being used.

Like how our trait overshield works. The effect that protection gets enhanced to 40% damage reduction always applies, even if you are not using a shield, but using a shield additionally will give you the benefit of getting protection from it, too.Or how the pistol trait (chemical rounds) gives us bonus condition damage always, but also increases the condition duration on pistol skills.

And technically, enhanced storage capacity unit serves as the weapon trait for holosmith's sword, since it gives all sword skills an additional heat tier, which is greatly enhancing the damage of this weapon.

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:Correct me if I'm wrong but is rifle the only weapon in the game that doesnt have a trait to buff it?

Elementalist StaffElementalist DaggerElementalist FocusElementalist SceptreTempest WarhornWarrior SwordReaper GreatswordDragonhunter LongbowThief ShortbowScrapper HammerChronomancer ShieldRevenant SwordRevenant AxeRevenant HammerRevenant StaffRevenant Mace

All do not have traits that boost these weapons specifically.

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:Rifle needs alot of tlc

Ehh... "A lot" is a bit strong. It competes with Sword for PvE DPS.

But then again... Engie's weapons are basically used for like 1-2 attacks and the rest of the time it's all about kits...

Rifle uses just Blunderbuss and Jump Shot.

Sword uses just Refraction Cutter and Blowtorch.

The other skills are just PvP ones really... For when that extra utility is needed. The rest of the time it's Grenade Kit/Bomb Kit/Elixir Gun with some Flamethrower memes sprinkled in.

Which is Engie in a nutshell really... Even if they do get a new weapon in EoD, they'll still be using the same 3(4) kits they've been using since day 1 for 90% of their combat...

@Virtuality.8351 said:

@Taril.8619 said:Warrior Sword

Features that improves swords on Warrior was added to Blademaster back in 2017, but yes, before then there were no trait that enhances it.

Ahh, yeah, my bad.

@Virtuality.8351 said:

Revenant Sword

Vicious Lacerations would beg to differ.

Said trait has not existed for 7 months.

@Virtuality.8351 said:

Revenant Staff

Tranquil Benediction is meh but still.

Said trait has not existed for over a year.

@Taril.8619 said:

@Taril.8619 said:Warrior Sword

Features that improves swords on Warrior was added to Blademaster back in 2017, but yes, before then there were no trait that enhances it.

Ahh, yeah, my bad.

Revenant Sword

Vicious Lacerations would beg to differ.

Said trait has not existed for 7 months.

Revenant Staff

Tranquil Benediction is meh but still.

Said trait has not existed for over a year.

Damn you are right! Seems we both got screwed by patches lol