Renegade

Anodic.6712

@AnodicShadow.3647 said:

@Elric.4713 said:Yes please force us back to swords again, we can't have any options.

Renegade's shortbow's supposed to be a condi weapon to begin with. If anything power-wise, they should turn hammer into a viable PvP weapon.

I am wating for a GS rev to fix that issue, problem they m8 get us a heavy stealth mobity useless rev with focus, after that ur only choices are with 1h sword or mace :\

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Elric.4713 said:Yes please force us back to swords again, we can't have any options.

Renegade's shortbow's supposed to be a condi weapon to begin with. If anything power-wise, they should turn hammer into a viable PvP weapon.

I am wating for a GS rev to fix that issue, problem they m8 get us a heavy stealth mobity useless rev with focus, after that ur only choices are with 1h sword or mace :\

So the solution to our heavy melee playstyle is to push us into it even more? Makes sense.

@Elric.4713 said:

So the solution to our heavy melee playstyle is to push us into it even more? Makes sense.

in terms of powert builds IMO yeah thats where they should push us into.

About hammer... kinda feels a very situational weapon to use it, still very easy to get telegraphed it should never be used has a head on combat reason i kinda have hope on a decent melee 2h weapon, since staff is like a 2h shield now with 1 evasion condi cleanse and block.

What change u think Hammer needs to became viable besides damage??

I've been killing people in wvw with pretty much just the autoattack for years, lol. If people weren't so meta obsessed they'd figure this stuff out sooner, instead they got hung-up about not having a silly evade backwards skill like thief and ranger shortbows. The revamped #3 skill is just icing on the cake.

The devs should have put those 3 seconds cooldown on Sevenshot rather than Deathstrike. Restore the old sword 5 then we'll talk.

Longbow on Ranger is still superior in all forms of damage at nearly twice the range, you can definitely put up shortbow on renegade.

Especially when one dodge avoids a whole Sevenshot, Rapid Fire cannot be avoided fully.

Bloodbane Path only hits still targets and can even miss those, Sevenshot requires a fully open area to not be obstructed, Spirit Crush could use 1 extra second on the CD as otherwise fine with it's damage and buggy line of sight, Scorchrazor takes 2 hours to come out and also has a buggy line of sight.

Personally I have no issue with Shortbow being such a potent damage weapon. It's a weapon entirely devoid of defensive mechanics. It has no mobility or evades unlike every other shortbow in the game. It's also prone to canceling skills when targeting foes that walk in and out of your hitbox. It's prone to missing skills against foes who are using their WASD keys (Looking at you shortbow 2), and Spiritcrush still can't be casted behind you... or even directly on top of you so melee foes can be a pain to deal with. It's as glassy as weapons get, therefore it does glass levels of damage.

Also worth noting, shortbow does not easily one shot despite claims to the contrary. In order to pull that off you need to run a glassy build. Zerker + Eagle will suffice, but at that point you're running a glass weapon on a glass build. If you so happen to encounter an opponent who is mostly glass themselves ( most power dps builds run zerker) then one shots should be expected.

@AnodicShadow.3647 said:

Shortbow is designed as a hybrid weapon. Renegade is a hybrid spec.

Kalla's Fervor grants ferocity on top of its condition damage bonus, and they gain a substantial amount of free crit chance on their minor trait.

@AnodicShadow.3647 said:

Renegade's shortbow's supposed to be a condi weapon to begin with. If anything power-wise, they should turn hammer into a viable PvP weapon.It's a hybrid weapon. 0.65 (0.44) / 1.2 / 2.17 / 2.0 - that's its direct damage modifiers for skill 1 - 4 and 5 is a knockdown. On top it inflicts a ton of bleed, torment and burn.

Not saying it is too strong (it has no defense and only works well in wvw, because tanky gear to compensate that exists only there)... it's just definitely not a condi-only weapon.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Azreell.1568 said:A suggested shorbow nerf on a meme spec that any competent player or team will roflstomp.

We have sunken to new lows in this forums.

I honestly think every single nerf post is based of someone losing a 1v1 in a team match.

Sigh....................

French Wurms won last months MaT with 2x power SB renegades.

It was also admitted later that Double Renegade is a comp that works well under certain circumstances, but can also fold easily if the enemy isn't running specific comps.

What does that information even tell us in the first place? X team won using Y comp. A team can win for a near infinite number of reasons including but not limited to:

Surprise factorMatchup unfamiliarityNiche counter compsSimply outskilling the opponentsOne player made a mistake irrespective of the enemy's team comp that threw the matchect.

@Kuma.1503 said:

@Azreell.1568 said:A suggested shorbow nerf on a meme spec that any competent player or team will roflstomp.

We have sunken to new lows in this forums.

I honestly think every single nerf post is based of someone losing a 1v1 in a team match.

Sigh....................

French Wurms won last months MaT with 2x power SB renegades.

It was also admitted later that Double Renegade is a comp that works well under certain circumstances, but can also fold easily if the enemy isn't running specific comps.

What does that information even tell us in the first place? X team won using Y comp. A team can win for a near infinite number of reasons including but not limited to:

Surprise factorMatchup unfamiliarityNiche counter compsSimply outskilling the opponentsOne player made a mistake irrespective of the enemy's team comp that threw the matchect.

I'm not surprised because any type of power revenant can PT in a duo to someone and delete anytime they'd like. It's always gonna be like that and I'm betting you that while they played, they weren't optimal with their flow since why would they have to when more than half the population is clueless about rev.

Most people that I see, including former Herald mains have yet to master it fully, yet it's working fine in most scenarios because having to simply go on and burst is the easiest part of this build, surviving is much harder in practice.

I've been using a Demo SB renegade build with Kalla/Jalis and it's pretty much an anti melee spec that's near impossible to face tank and that's primarily because of Darkrazers Daring prevents anyone from forcing me off SB and Jalis' stab makes it hard to CC me. I've run a Kalla/Shiro and Shiro/Jalis version as well and they all share one thing in common: they get dumpstered by condi and anything with more than 900 range if not running Shiro. Jalis has the best cleanse and Resistance Runes are only a momentary band aid, immobilize in particular is just a nightmare to deal with, so every version has serious weaknesses that can be exploited.

Shortbow isn't an issue, it's a zero defense or utility weapon that 100% relies on the classes utility to be viable.

Most people don't understand how it works because they've never used it and not even close to how much I've used it since it came out. The thing about the shortbow people don't grasp the concept of is that its literally the same thing as an engineers main hand pistol which majority of players in the game don't even understand. Is why in WvW for years its been one of the great ways of clearing out things and people on top of walls/above gates and such. Its an attack that has two separate damage functions which can damage 5 players and then that attack then triggers an explosion which can then damage even more targets. So even if your attack is obstructed if your enemies are within the aoe explosion of it they can be damaged regardless of the failure to hit with the initial attack. So the original design of the renegade shortbow is auto attack 2 and 3 are meant to be for pewpew pressure and then your 4, 5 and f2 are your hard cc and heavier ranged attacks. Although the aspect of the F2 skill as demonstrated in the initial trailer never quite hit the mark mainly because that rift from the mists that opens up and attacks was meant or advertised as something with some randomness to it that it never received. Although would be interesting if they made it where each pulse of the F2 skill was from rifts forming at random positions anywhere around its target because as it has always been too predictable and such that even basic npc AI can avoid it so its not really something useful in pve either.