question about Abyssal Fractal weapon

JUN YANG.4328

Hi Guys

I have a question about how to get the Abyssal Fractal weapon. on wiki it said need 1 Fractal Journal + 10 Matrix + 40 glob + 480 Unstable Fractal Essence.

I want to know how to get research page and Essence? on wiki it mention "with Challenge mode active"

What is that mean? do i need to reach lvl 100 to active challenge mode?

Thanks

Fractal Research Pages (28) can be combined into a journal.

Fractal Research Pages are time gated content obtainable as rewards for completing daily recommended and challenge mode fractals.

40 from completing Nightmare Fractal, Shattered Observatory Fractal, or Sunqua Peak Fractal with challenge mode active.

Challenge Mote walkthroughAt Level 98, so long as at least one player has completed the Nightmare Fractal meta achievement, the party can partake in the challenge mote by speaking with the Harbinger of Woe. The challenge mote changes the three boss fights as well as the altar capture encounters. In addition, additional rewards are given after beating each boss....

Challenge Mote WalkthroughPlayers attempting this Challenge Mote should be comfortable using their Special action key and using Crowd Control skills. They should also be able to turn-around (or "about-face") quickly. While not required, it is recommended that groups bring at least one player that has consistent Boon removal for the Mistlock Instability No Pain, No Gain.png No Pain, No Gain Instability, and one player that has a focus on healing. Note that in order to start challenge mode all normal mode achievements for shattered observatory must be completed by the person activating it.

No CM walkthrough for Sunqua Peak Fractal on the wiki yet, but there are guide videos.

In short:Reasearch Pages are gained via doing the daily recommended fractals in T1-3, for a total of 3. As well as completing the challenge mode fractals, for another 3 per day, as mentioned in the wiki.Unstable Fractal Essence is gained via converting the old Shattered Observatory challenge mode rewards Unstable Cosmic Essence, not available any longer, into Unstable Fractal Essence, or via completing 1 of the 3 Challenge Mode fractals post patch, as mentioned on the wiki.

How is this hard to understand?

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:My question is has anyone gotten individual abyssal weapons as drops from the cm, or will it actially take doing all 3 cms 72 days or 216 total cms to complete the set. I kinda do not want to start buying skins and end up getting skins I already bought from random drops.

Done it 2 out of the 4 days and no skin drop for me yet.

@JUN YANG.4328 said:

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:Well got the abyssal infusion yesterday as a drop, so at least that drops

chance to drop in lvl 1~100?

If the old Celestial Infusion is any indicator to go off of:

Super rare reward, with any stat bonus except Concentration and Expertise, from:

Then again, the buy-able Celestial Red Infusion only drops from CM:

Very rare drop from the Shattered Observatory fractal on challenge mode.

So you could check the next time you have a Fractal Master Chest if the Abyssal Infusion is in the drop table, hoping that you get lucky if it is. Otherwise your only way to acquire it is running CMs.