Duo Queue Harder?

TeqkOneStylez.8047

I always see people complaining that duos should not be allowed in ranked. However in my experience whenever I duo with my friend, the sweat to reward ratio isn't even half worth because the difference in skill level when it comes to the randoms is night and day, by comparison of when im soloing to significantly more success.

The complaints make duo sound like free win but i'd currently rather solo if duoing is just gonna land me 3 spirit watch hotjoiners every time. What is happening here?

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:I always see people complaining that duos should not be allowed in ranked. However in my experience whenever I duo with my friend, the sweat to reward ratio isn't even half worth because the difference in skill level when it comes to the randoms is night and day, by comparison of when im soloing to significantly more success.

The complaints make duo sound like free win but i'd currently rather solo if duoing is just gonna land me 3 spirit watch hotjoiners every time. What is happening here?

I've actually noticed this myself. Duo queue matches seem a lot harder lately.

It was always like that duo or multi queue has always given the other team the higher rated players, cause it expects that duo is communicating and when you duo you are basically telling the game that you will be carrying the game for the other 3 people. This breaks at top tier , the game can't throw high tiers against each other since there isn't that big population in top tier and to keep your rank you don't play much and you don't have any incentive to play that many games, so everyone plays with people in g3. If you queue with g3 duo you will get matched against higher rated g3 players and up and if you are p2 duo you by design will have to be matched against higher rated p2 and up but since there aren't enough people you will play with and against g3.

@Vancho.8750 said:It was always like that duo or multi queue has always given the other team the higher rated players, cause it expects that duo is communicating and when you duo you are basically telling the game that you will be carrying the game for the other 3 people. This breaks at top tier , the game can't throw high tiers against each other since there isn't that big population in top tier and to keep your rank you don't play much and you don't have any incentive to play that many games, so everyone plays with people in g3. If you queue with g3 duo you will get matched against higher rated g3 players and up and if you are p2 duo you by design will have to be matched against higher rated p2 and up but since there aren't enough people you will play with and against g3.

I dunno, something feels deeply wrong with it. It's worse than what you described.

Seems like ANY TIME I duo queue within the past 2 or 3 seasons, I'll be with some other guy who is bottom p2 or something even mid p1 right? Then we get complete randoms on our team that I've actually never seen before, which is quite a thing to say coming from someone who's invested as much time as I have and keeps current with each season. So it's hard to believe that these PUG we are getting are even g3 at best. Then those completely random players visually perform at some kind of g1 level at best. But for some reason the team I am against is high p2 or p3 or worse like legend duo, and for some reason they have 1 or 2 other known p2 players with them, and their low pugs are like mid to high p1.

So I dunno wtf is wrong with these matches lately, but it often looks & feels really really rigged, even from viewing people's ratings on the leaderboards, as if someone had administrative access to server algorithm functions and were hand picking teams or something. Kind of like if they were able to go into a custom arena as the owner and just shuffle certain players onto the RED team that they felt were strong that they wanted there.

^ Seriously, these duo queue vs duo queue matches lately are not right with how the algorithm is allocating MMR weight.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:It was always like that duo or multi queue has always given the other team the higher rated players, cause it expects that duo is communicating and when you duo you are basically telling the game that you will be carrying the game for the other 3 people. This breaks at top tier , the game can't throw high tiers against each other since there isn't that big population in top tier and to keep your rank you don't play much and you don't have any incentive to play that many games, so everyone plays with people in g3. If you queue with g3 duo you will get matched against higher rated g3 players and up and if you are p2 duo you by design will have to be matched against higher rated p2 and up but since there aren't enough people you will play with and against g3.

I dunno, something feels deeply wrong with it. It's worse than what you described.

Seems like ANY TIME I duo queue within the past 2 or 3 seasons, I'll be with some other guy who is bottom p2 or something even mid p1 right? Then we get complete randoms on our team that I've actually never seen before, which is quite a thing to say coming from someone who's invested as much time as I have and keeps current with each season. So it's hard to believe that these PUG we are getting are even g3 at best. Then those completely random players visually perform at some kind of g1 level at best. But for some reason the team I am against is high p2 or p3 or worse like legend duo, and for some reason they have 1 or 2 other known p2 players with them, and their low pugs are like mid to high p1.

So I dunno kitten is wrong with these matches lately, but it often looks & feels really really rigged, even from viewing people's ratings on the leaderboards, as if someone had administrative access to server algorithm functions and were hand picking teams or something. Kind of like if they were able to go into a custom arena as the owner and just shuffle certain players onto the RED team that they felt were strong that they wanted there.

^ Seriously, these duo queue vs duo queue matches lately are not right with how the algorithm is allocating MMR weight.I have theory that the ratings got buggerd up at the start of the season and everyone got their 2v2 season rating as conquest rating, remember how the first day had 2v2 rules in conquests. So instead of getting the usual soft rating reset we got kind of hard reset(well these that didn't take the 2v2 seriously) and now the game is filled with allot of people that have really volatile rating and until they get to the proper game count, i think it was around 100 games there will be allot of people with really boosted rating or people smurfing in low tiers. This is just a hunch though since when I did my placement the first games went really bad, asked around what rating are the people I'm play with and against , the answer Silver and that is really weird considering it was prime time.

Match maker definitely weighs duos a bit higher than they would if they were solo. Duo q is only really an advantage if the two players are either in coms together and coordinate, sync qing with more people in a big wintrading scheme, or they are significantly better than everyone else Qing at the time so that the match maker can't actually make balanced teams without pulling in low rated players for what would otherwise be taking the highest rated players it can find (the match maker does not do this).

Duo q with 2 strong players with 1 strategy in mind that is meant to hard carry games is 500% better than solo Qing. Seasons I’ve actually duo qd ended up with like a 90%+ win rate just for the duo qs. If you don’t a strat in mind and just spam matches duo- it can be a tiny bit better than solo, if the 2 ppl are just strong players, but if the 2 players are weak and uncoordinated than it can either 1.) be worse or 2.) just be an extra mmr burden on the 2 players who have to carry more weight than an average person but cannot carry random ppl without a plan A strategy