Next LS where? (Possible Spoilers) - [Merged]

Ogwom.7940

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did we get an epilogue? The last episode released was Jormag Rising, which didn't resolve anything and certainly didn't seem like the end of the storyline. I'll be very surprised (and confused, and disappointed) if we don't get more to the storyline.

As for where we'll go I agree that Jormag could have gone anywhere through the Mists, but all the Elder Dragons have appeared to be more inclined to stay in their territory and expand it than to leave it and set up somewhere new and Jormag seems even more tied to specific environments than most of them. So I don't think it would leave the north without a good incentive, and now it's openly calling the shots I think that's unlikely to happen. It makes more sense for Jormag to lure us into it's territory than to venture out somewhere new. So I think we'll be staying in the Far Shiverpeaks and maybe even going future north than we already have. Future episodes might branch out more, if this storyline goes on that long, but at the moment I think we'll have to follow Jormag into it's territory.

Anywhere, jormag have mist portal shaenigans as shown as the end of the story and tping/disappearing away. Maybe far shiverpeaks, under drakkar lake, or continuing in the west. But at a moment or another we will aim above Harathi Hinterlands to have the centaurs and slaves shown in trailer, and after, continuing to the delta where the trailer shows the ships sinking and bodies drowning in deep waters. My bet would be 1-2 episodes to kill Jormag, then epilogue. Or very rapid deal with primordius before cantha. No ideas. But to me, Primordy require a whole season with depths of tyria and dwarves/asura homelands.

When is the next episode releasing anyway? Actually next episode or vision should come end of this month with a trailer 2 weeks earlier, which would have been last Tuesday. Since we got the fractal then, will this episode be skipped and kept for november? I mean halloween event is soon... I think that if we wont get a trailer next week, its very likely that we wont get an episode this or next month, which would be very disappointing. I hate it that ANet just does not communicate with the community. They are not giving any information if a trailer is coming or not.

@Calisanna.8732 said:To WvW and the fabled alliances ?

Did Jormag turn all the WvW devs into icebrood ?

@hugo.4705 said:Anywhere, jormag have mist portal shaenigans as shown as the end of the story and tping/disappearing away. Maybe far shiverpeaks, under drakkar lake, or continuing in the west. But at a moment or another we will aim above Harathi Hinterlands to have the centaurs and slaves shown in trailer, and after, continuing to the delta where the trailer shows the ships sinking and bodies drowning in deep waters. My bet would be 1-2 episodes to kill Jormag, then epilogue. Or very rapid deal with primordius before cantha. No ideas. But to me, Primordy require a whole season with depths of tyria and dwarves/asura homelands.

An expansion dealing with Primordus, dwarves and the Asuran homelands would be epic!

Far Shiverpeaks is the safest bet but Anet does like thier curveballs.

@"Fenom.9457" said:However, there are two things we can take into consideration to narrow the possibilities down to a few places;

1. This is the Icebrood Saga, all about "journeying north" and facing the ice dragon. As we already know, not every map will be in the Far Shiverpeaks, but I believe they will all be pretty far north. I don't think Jormag will come out anywhere crazy like Orr or Elona.
  2. We can pretty safely assume the map will have a lot of water content, if it isn't mostly underwater. The new underwater skimmer being the most obvious piece of evidence for this, but I also point you to the fact we're not only going to Cantha, but the logo for End of Dragons is very aquatic. I speculate EoD will have more water than the first two expansions (which isn't saying much), and that the Icebrood Saga will have a watery map beforehand to test the waters (I'm sorry) and make any more basic improvements they can before the expansion like balance and adding more skills down there.

I think your second assumption is on pretty shaky ground. I think ArenaNet giving the skimmer the ability to go underwater is unrelated to the Saga, just something people have being asking for for a while, a nice little thing to give away around the anniversary and it saves them having to come up with a real underwater mount. I don't think there'll be that much underwater in the next map.

I'd say further to the Shiverpeaks.

@Solanum.6983 said:The maps have been in and around the same area, so Far shiverpeaks is the safest bet.My guess with the skimmer update in mind is maybe somewhere in-between Drizzlewood, Eye of the north and Bojra Marches where there's lots of water.

Yeah that's the area I meant too, I'm pretty sure that's the Sea of Desolation. All we know about it though is that it exists in the shiverpeaks according to some Asura, so I guess it could be off the map we have. but i think that's what that big lake is

@BlackBullWings.2734 said:there's always the chance we get another vision from aurene. all living worlds have had 6 maps so far, and if we still got 4-something ish episodes to go, i think its a fair guess that some will be either revisits of vanilla maps, or visions

I agree it seems like every 2 episodes has an interval release. But this time I think the fractal is filling that slot, it's perfectly timed and comes with more than just a new fractal - its own achivements category, weapon set, infusion, cm, and some CM quality of life for fractals.

I agree it seems like every 2 episodes has an interval release. But this time I think the fractal is filling that slot, it's perfectly timed and comes with more than just a new fractal - its own achivements category, weapon set, infusion, cm, and some CM quality of life for fractals.

Hm a bit disappoiting for people who dont do CMs. And isnt there a special team for every episode? There was also a different team responsible for the fractal, so the one thing has nothing to do with the other. I dont like that they leave us in the dark about the next episode, they couldve told us that the next episode/ vision will be skipped for the fractal thing. And the 6 cheap fractal achievements are nothing near a normal living world release..

@"Cruxx.3186" said:

Hm a bit disappoiting for people who dont do CMs. And isnt there a special team for every episode? There was also a different team responsible for the fractal, so the one thing has nothing to do with the other. I dont like that they leave us in the dark about the next episode, they couldve told us that the next episode/ vision will be skipped for the fractal thing. And the 6 cheap fractal achievements are nothing near a normal living world release..

They sort of did tell us with the roadmap. They had the fractal as the last thing listed with no mention of an episode. While I agree that it doesn't do much for people that aren't invested in challenge modes they did sort of tell us. They also mentioned that they'll be having a fractal bonus event. (Yee haw, more banners and 5 gem goodies like repair canisters or whatever.)

So yeah, I'm assuming Halloween is next and then we MAY get a vision in November. I wouldn't be surprised to not see anymore episodes this year. I guess that's why they set Jormag Rising up as kind of a "conclusion" to at least this part of the story.

@Cruxx.3186 said:

they're probly waiting out on getting voice acting ready for the 2 last episodes, and then they'll give us a heads up on what the next might look like. considering the whole pandemic thing dev time might be a lot slower.

They sort of did tell us with the roadmap. They had the fractal as the last thing listed with no mention of an episode. While I agree that it doesn't do much for people that aren't invested in challenge modes they did sort of tell us. They also mentioned that they'll be having a fractal bonus event. (Yee haw, more banners and 5 gem goodies like repair canisters or whatever.)

So yeah, I'm assuming Halloween is next and then we MAY get a vision in November. I wouldn't be surprised to not see anymore episodes this year. I guess that's why they set Jormag Rising up as kind of a "conclusion" to at least this part of the story.

Ah you are right. There is no mention of an 5th episode or anything in the q3 roadmap. Hm ok, so fractal might be the big patch for september. Probably the next vision or episode will be released in november then or something else, because steam is starting then. Thanks for you hint.

It really depends on how we are supposed to deal with the new development of Jormag being awakened. Last episode also notified us that Jormag is trying to corrupt the remaining Spirits of the wild and Braham has this new connection with the Spirits that might be explored.

With the way the story is going I can see the char declare a Khan-ur and truly unite the char people as one for the first time since pre-searing. They may be needing time to regroup after the death of the Iron Imperator.

Per the current in-game map loaded there not much room for us to go further north. I see several areas we could go.1 South to the North of the Hintari highlands, which will show us the centaur/slave hints form the trailer.

1. East to the old area where Varjar Fells was in gw1 north of Bitterfrost. To continue Jormag story
  2. West into the isle of Janhir for what ever reason maybe relating to the spirts.

These three seem most logical. Halloween should start mid October around the 15 or so and then Wintersday in mid December. That would leave episode 5 between them in November probably around the 10-18 based on the last few years.

I truly think we will finish off Jormag this season and transfer his power to an Avatar of the Spirts of the wild. The last episodes would be is working with the Tengu to try to find a replacement for Primordus only to find out that we need to go to Cantha. We will use some form of transportation from the Dominion of winds and then move to EoDs and face both Primordus and DsD as well as deal with the politics of Cantha that will set up season 6.

@Tyson.5160 said:If it’s true that the saga is 8 episodes, then we are looking two more full maps, split in half. My thought would be below Grothmar for one full map then the one map in the middle Far Shiverpeaks, if they decide to keep the maps strictly in the established EOTN areas.

What reason would they have to go near Grothmar again though? Bangar's forces have been dealt with and any more politics we have would likely take place at the Black Citadel or back in Grothmar in the already established map and keep.

If I had to guess I'd assume we'll get a vision involving the refugees that fled Drizzlewood and visit a map near that area to check in with them. If not there then we'll probably just stay close to Eye of the North.

Who knows though with Jormag moving through the mists and all that.

@"Raizel.1839" said:I hope soon and please, not a Vision!

Edit: ups i misread "where" as "when", whatever the location could be anywhere since Jormag can go through the mists like Kralk did, maybe the next steps of Bangar's achi will give us a clue.

Another roadmap would be nice. I'd imagine if there's any hope of getting something for the remainder of the year it will be in November between the festivals but it's likely to be a vision, imo.

They didn't really leave any hints as to what to expect for this coming episode so it makes sense to set it up with a vision and leave the remaining two maps for the first half of next year.

Though when I think about it, we've only had 2 maps in the past year and they said they planned on a 2021 release date for the expansion. So who knows if their previous presumed plan of 8 episodes is really even accurate anymore. They might have just rewritten the saga when they decided they were doing an expansion after all. Not that we'll ever know as they're seemingly rarely transparent about anything. That's just the feeling I got from the expansion announcement. I kind of originally felt like this Saga was meant to just be a continuous stream of content delivery when it was announced and then someone decided that was a no-no and they decided they wanted the Cantha expansion. Probably why Mike Z left.

I'd like to think that they're focusing on the expansion but for all we know it could be the other two living story teams working on the expansion by themselves and the other 200 employees working on some other ip that the gemstore sales are funding.

Hoping we'll hear more after Halloween as they've been back to stealth mode lately aside from the new fractal and bonus events. WvW alliances talk died, legendary armory hasn't been muttered about since the last post saying "coming months."

@Bast.7253 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:If it’s true that the saga is 8 episodes, then we are looking two more full maps, split in half. My thought would be below Grothmar for one full map then the one map in the middle Far Shiverpeaks, if they decide to keep the maps strictly in the established EOTN areas.

What reason would they have to go near Grothmar again though? Bangar's forces have been dealt with and any more politics we have would likely take place at the Black Citadel or back in Grothmar in the already established map and keep.

If I had to guess I'd assume we'll get a vision involving the refugees that fled Drizzlewood and visit a map near that area to check in with them. If not there then we'll probably just stay close to Eye of the North.

Who knows though with Jormag moving through the mists and all that.

Maybe, just as Jormag retreated to a safe area in Season 3, maybe Primordus did too and went back up north to the Central Transfer Chamber. Destroyers could start erupting from the areas south of Grothmar, with Jormag’s forces being in the middle of the Far Shiverpeaks,