Arenanet。You should build your own voice system.

Flee.5602

This reminds of the group voice channels WoW had. I used it in and off with groups when I played it worked great for grouping functions like dungeons or groups with friends or BGs. It works as a great intro for voice and groups. Super easy to turn on and off in groups. I did really like having it available however as I advanced in the game I rarely used it as I was in another chat app with people.

While its a fine request, GW2 is likely to late in life for the feature it won't return a lot of value but it is a nice QoL feature. And certainly for WvW it would be useful or other group events that require coordination.

Maybe a better request would be like with the wiki so if in game someone links a discord server clicking it or something similar will launch a browser tab with it or the app if it's installed to that server. Not exactly my area of expertise in Dev, so I'm not sure if there's issues or valid reasons its a bad idea but maybe something like that is possible.

@Flee.5602 said:Will bring many benefits.

edit:When anyone builds a team. There will be a voice function button speaker. Turn off or turn on or select mute

@Flee.5602 said:When a novice player enters WvW. It lacks experience. With a voice system, it is very different.

@Flee.5602 said:For experienced core players. The voice system is a bridge of communication. Break this immersion. Close the distance between each other.

Have you considered that you can, you know, edit your first post, rather than post 3 times in a row, or even just stop to think if you have all your thoughts out before hitting the post comment button?

You're making good points, but they are hard to follow over 3 posts.

@phreeak.1023 said:It would help, if the we have a voice chat within a squad. So people who go into a pub zerg can listen to the commandet if they dont have TS or Discord. If someone makes trouble the Commander or his Lieutenants can mute certain people. And people can mute others for themselves.Help with what? If you cant be kittened to do even the very minimum of effort - spend like 30 seconds installing discord - you wouldnt listen to anything the commander have to say anyway.

It would be a nice QoL, if a commander could set a squad chat URL on his squad info, and have this appear when a player joins the squad.E.g."Squad chat: discord.com/123456"

And have that URL be copyable to clipboard.If no URL is set, don't display the message.

Don't think it's worth GW2 implementing their own voice comms, but it should be easier for commanders to tell players where they can find voice chat.

@"adammantium.8031" said:It would be a nice QoL, if a commander could set a squad chat URL on his squad info, and have this appear when a player joins the squad.E.g."Squad chat: discord.com/123456"

And have that URL be copyable to clipboard.If no URL is set, don't display the message.

Don't think it's worth GW2 implementing their own voice comms, but it should be easier for commanders to tell players where they can find voice chat.

This is already doable, except for the message showing automatically when you join. This should be easy enough to implement.

@Strages.2950 said:

@"adammantium.8031" said:It would be a nice QoL, if a commander could set a squad chat URL on his squad info, and have this appear when a player joins the squad.E.g."Squad chat: discord.com/123456"

This is already doable, except for the message showing automatically when you join. This should be easy enough to implement.The squad message show automatically when you join though.

A lot of players who happen to be millennials don't grasp the concept that older players never needed social media and if they are like me they do not care what you ate for breakfast, what costume your dog was wearing today, what some celebrity got arrested for, etc, etc, etc. Plus skill lag occurs with this game easily without the use of these programs so the more of these you use depending on well your PC is setup the more likely you are just giving out free kills to the enemy being just another body thrown on the pile.

Then on the other side of it there are games over the past four decades I've been playing them online where the developers make their own voice chat or buy one that just works for their game. However its not something that will be forced onto the players so most players just will have disabled it so they won't ever hear you complain about why you think your girlfriend left you. So the bottom line is that there are people who already use these programs who may feel that social to use them or just use them for voice comms organization and then there are people who just absolutely have no care at ALL about what you have to say. I'm very blunt but I am always honest about it plus I don't care if anyone likes me that is their own problem and not mine.

it's hard for them to moderate voice chat so i doubt they would ever want to put it in the game. Even though there is a language filter in the game they ban people for stuff they say in chat for some reason. They spend more time moderating the chat than they do working on the game so I doubt they add voice chat since they will lose control of their ban power flex.

discord and ts provide much more than just voice AND their quality is a good check if it is your connection or anet's side of things acting up

also moderation IS an issue.

So, NO. Please no in built voice system. ANET focus on more important things and let the people who know how to do voice provide the solution.

Besides, neither discord nor ts demand 'tedious' steps. you insert server address and you are done. If the server owner demands some kind of auth, well that should tell you why ingame voice is a bad idea.

edit: I also played a game for many years before I came to GW2 that had builtin voice. Nobody used it. They all used ts instead. Go figure.

@Flee.5602 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Game isn't built for that. I don't think it will work out quite like you imagine it if they slapped another system on top of it.

I can't think of any trouble.

1. The community hates one another
  2. The community refuses to get along
  3. The community is mostly anti-social
  4. The community of the game would riot over this and it would hurt A-net.

Make it guild chat channels so you can choose to be in contact with guildies in game, then sure. But I do not want to say go to Desert-borderlands and be in a voice chat with ALL of desert borderlands. Tie it to guilds, give it functionality there but otherwise its a hard no from me~

voi e chat can be an issue as allows verbal abuse and leave no proofs. And no recording every player conversation is not a possibility.It would be better to use a Voice to Text recognition using Microsoft library (cortana) to make it possible.your comments would be shown as bubble chats in game which is easier to ignore if you aren't interested.

@"anduriell.6280" said:voi e chat can be an issue as allows verbal abuse and leave no proofs. And no recording every player conversation is not a possibility.It would be better to use a Voice to Text recognition using Microsoft library (cortana) to make it possible.your comments would be shown as bubble chats in game which is easier to ignore if you aren't interested.

That's a pretty bad take considering how easy it is to immediately mute the annoying player. Not that I think we need ingame voicechat anyways, but what you just said makes regular chat equally unbearable, so I guess you think there shouldn't be one in any online game as well? Implementing voice chat without muting option would be stupid and with that option implemented it's not a problem at all.

Still easly accessed 3rd party voice communicators (available even without downloading any client to your pc) make the idea of taking time to suddenly develop an "official ingame voice chat" irrelevant. It's just not needed at all.

• Confused 1