Why i think casuals are the most important player in guild wars 2

Angel.3916

@battledrone.8315 said:i actually stopped playing wow in 2012, along with many others. the dreaded pandas had arrived....

Exactly why I said there was no competition, even WOW was on a steep decline when GW2 launched and all other games of the time, Secret World, Star Wars the Old Republic, Aion and others had nothing to compete with Guild Wars 2. Nowadays there is a LOT of competition for this game, you can find quite a lot of posters on the forums talking about both ESO and FF14 taking their time away of GW2. They are probably the only games you read a lot about by GW2 players ;)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play rise of kingdoms on my phone and blue stacks. I treat guild wars 2 more like a mobile game than an actual full game. Yes, it's fun. and it is very great for getting everything completed. I farm gold often as a hobby after doing my dallies. But as far as spending habits go, -

I am starting to spend more and more on the gem shop. Maybe i am addicted but i like deals, packages, outfits, exp boosters, keys, and i like eventually complete my account. I think guild wars 2 gem shop has nice deals and nice things to buy - the thing is some people buy gems with gold because they make a good amount of gold.

I thought about farming gold seriously through fractals, crafting, and doing min max spots with my characters, but honestly i am lazy and my emotions make me tired. So I do buy gems and gold with gems because I am lazy. But i think most "normal" people will buy gold or buy gems because they don't min max their farming strategies.

I was doing the calculations and they may be wrong so please correct me for sure but ...

40-50 gold an hour is 230-260 gems. That equals to about 3$ an hour. A gem card for 1200 gems cost 15$.the daily gold is 2 gold which is 15 cents per day if you do your daily and loot the 2 gold.

So yea, i am a casual and i buy gems. I play 8 hours a day sometimes but i am very much a casual. I don't min max or try to do end game content. I have no skills or social interactions. I am not trying to define what casual is, i guess the real word is - I play for fun and play for when I want to relax.

Any ways, just blogging some stuff. Take care all !