Favourite Leveling Zones

Hi all,

Returning player from pre-HOT, leveling the only profession I didn't have before (Revenant). I just hit level 20 and am 3/4 finished with Snowden Drifts (Norn character), and I'm planning the zones I want to hit on the way up to 80. I can't recall the ones I've seen beyond the 1st and 2nd zone for each race starting area, so most of them will be fresh to me.

That being said, I'm looking for some inspiration from you folks on your favourite leveling zones. They can be your favourite due to visuals, story, how the zone flows for map completion/events, or any other criteria.

I'm hoping to hit the ones that most people seem to agree are worth checking out and stand above the others.

Note: I'm actually not sure if doing lower level zones greatly impedes leveling progress, or if it's all kind of equal - but I don't mind slowing down if the zones are great.

Personally, the way I've been leveling characters recently, has been grinding mobs with kill streak exp boosters on, so my zone preferences end up being a bit different due to looking for good patches of enemies to kill...

In which case my typical route is:

Wayfarer Foothills (Because the map is just good anyway, I usually just do 100% completion here before using boosters and get to like level 12-15ish)Snowden Drifts (Not amazing due to the heart over in the west that makes most of the wildlife drop meat to be handed in for said heart and thus give little exp on kill)Lornar's Pass (Going down the western side killing Dolyaks/Goats/Minotaurs and finishing off with a few Raptors/Wurms after reaching the Pirates that give little exp)Fields of Ruin (Accessed via the portal in Divinity's Reach. Divinity's Reach accessed by the portal in Lion's Arch. Lion's Arch accessed by the portal in home city)Blazeridge Steppes (A nice number of boars to kill)Iron Marches (More boars to kill)Fireheart Rise (Even more boars to kill)

At the end of this route, given the number of boars I kill, I always am reminded of the South Park episode "Make Love not Warcraft" where they killed boars to level up...

Now, if I were to level up without boosters by doing hearts and map completion... I'd probably use a different route... Not exactly sure what given I don't know the exact exp gain from map completions, but I'll highlight some of the maps I quite liked doing map completions for:

Wayfarer FoothillsLornar's PassGendarran FieldsBloodtide CoastTimberline FallsFrostgorge Sound

I really enjoy all the starting zones. I typically do a few of them right off the bat and that gets me halfway to 80. It’s quick killing and you get the same xp as you would in a zone your lvl. Plus I like to help out newer players in those areas.Wayfarer, Snowden, Lornars Pass are favorites of mine. Love the snowy landscape.I try to avoid zones like gendarran and the one above that (harathi?) with predominantly centaur mobs. They drive me crazy lol. They just charge through me and twenty yards the other direction. Kind of annoying to fight.Timberline and Dredgehaunt is where I find myself for higher levels.Hope you enjoy being back in the game.